View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
corjac

First of all, I'm not sure how anyone could have lost money on Chrome. Unless rolling the dice with one case or buying at 900 a case, opening this year's Chrome should have been a sure bet if you opened enough to make 10 or 20 card rookie lots and bought it a decent price. Even sets did fairly well. With 5 or 6 very average cases, I think even breaking even could have been possible. The auto checklist was about as good as it could have been.

With that said, if the Bowman Draft checklist doesn't change, I think it will be tough to make much money on. The price is pretty good right now, but there aren't enough potential big hits to make it a consistent money maker. However, the speculation is that Topps will add a few big names because they have in the past. Although it will be tough to make money, I don't think it's possible that this will be a huge bust either (i.e. Topps Chrome). I've already locked up 6 cases with this checklist because I think this and Chrome are so much fun to open and there are so many people who anticipate this product.

As for how to sell the rookies, I've seen a lot of people put all of one player into a huge lot or make 20 card lots of chrome and sell anything that's not Chrome separately in player lots as well. Both approaches seem to work equally well.
corjac is offline   Reply With Quote