Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

Just do it the original way. 1,2,3, 1,2,3, the 4th hit is always the extra hit. I was in a case of the basketball & I believe we had 5 extra hits. Nothing missing. Hopefully it's that way again.
dareshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #27 (permalink)

I like the way it is, 1,2,3, random extra hit per box(if applicable) to people in that box/or all people in case break.
bcbsmartass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #28 (permalink)

I also think we should keep it as it is. All these people signed up, paid there money, and random has been done. Just doesn't sound like a good idea to change things this late in the break.
flashdog5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Keep it the same way. If Box 1, has an extra hit..put it to the side for randomnization at the end. That keeps it the same..I bet there won't be many extra hits anyway.
hester72598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #30 (permalink)

I figured that's how most people would lean. Not all the boxes will likely have extra and it's always worked out in the past. I think last year in 2 cases, we only had one hit that was pretty nice that made it to the random, plus that's nice for those that got base spots because it gives them a chance too.

Plenty of time until the break and I'll let everyone voice their opinion, but it sounds like hit 4 will be the extra hit, regardless of what it is. I just paid for the case tonight. I'll let you guys know what day it will be getting here and roughly what time. Once a time is officially set (not estimated) I will not change it. Made this mistake once, not doing it again. lol.

HOF Auto needs (277/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to npbaker1

I vote for 4th hit in every box is the extra hit. If thats where the auto hits so be it we are not going to know anyway until we crack it so no reason to worry about it.
npbaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbaker1 View Post
I vote for 4th hit in every box is the extra hit. If thats where the auto hits so be it we are not going to know anyway until we crack it so no reason to worry about it.
Second this
Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 AM   #33 (permalink)

i also think the 4th hit in the box is the extra hit....the question i have is...

is the extra hit randomed off between only the 3 people in that box or randomed off between everyone in the break?
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:05 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacubs View Post
i also think the 4th hit in the box is the extra hit....the question i have is...

is the extra hit randomed off between only the 3 people in that box or randomed off between everyone in the break?
It's everyone in the break, only because the hit is unexpected and therefore everyone in the break should have a fair shake at it. Just how I've done things before without any problem.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #35 (permalink)

Ok its cool, if the majority do not have a problem with it than I am cool as well. I think where the situation would get a little sticky is in the event we were shorted a hit in a box, but I do not forsee that happening in this product!

http://s817.photobucket.com/albums/zz97/natesQuest4cards/
vikingsordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:19 AM   #36 (permalink)

Hey wju. You think you will get the case before thankgiving?
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingsordie View Post
Ok its cool, if the majority do not have a problem with it than I am cool as well. I think where the situation would get a little sticky is in the event we were shorted a hit in a box, but I do not forsee that happening in this product!
I can understand your concerns. If a single box is shorted for some reason and we have extra hits, we'll figure something out. I have an idea in mind, perhaps a random first with just their name and all extra hits and whichever spot they land on, they get that one, though also might be simpler to contact Panini as it is listed as 3 hits per box, so technically it would be considered shorted in that box.

Hopefully we won't have to cross that bridge, but if we do, we will.

FINS4LIFE: As long as they ship out Monday...it will be here Wednesday. If not, it probably won't be until after Thanksgiving. I'll let you guys know once I get a shipping notice.

Old 11-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #38 (permalink)

My suggestion would be to keep track of the order of extra hits and in the case where a box is shorted extra hit 1 would go to that person and so on down the line as needed. Then when you contact panini about the missing hits those would be randomed as if they were the extra hits.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
My suggestion would be to keep track of the order of extra hits and in the case where a box is shorted extra hit 1 would go to that person and so on down the line as needed. Then when you contact panini about the missing hits those would be randomed as if they were the extra hits.
Certainly sounds reasonable. Like I said, hopefully it won't come to this, but we'll see what happens. I'll let you guys know tomorrow if I get a shipping notice and tracking number. If so, it'll be here Wednesday (baring any slow shipping by UPS.)

Old 11-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

if anybody is selling a spot please send a pm with the spot and how much
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cbooker
cbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #41 (permalink)

Any update on shipping?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:27 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Any update on shipping?
Just got home and no info on shipping...so not looking good for Wednesday unfortunately I'm in a 2 day zone, not a 1 so unfortunately it's looking like the break will end up being Monday unless something changes. I'll let you guys know once I do. I was really hoping for a Wednesday break so I had 2 days to get everything ready to ship, but if it's Monday, I'll do my very best to get things out Tuesday.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #43 (permalink)

Didn't really think we would get it til Monday. I usually get stuff the day after release and I am in Ohio as well. On occasion if its drop shipped it may get here on release date and sometimes they don't get shipping info out right away. Once or twice I have gotten up to emails stating my case is scheduled to be delivered that day as well so still a chance but not a big one.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:58 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Didn't really think we would get it til Monday. I usually get stuff the day after release and I am in Ohio as well. On occasion if its drop shipped it may get here on release date and sometimes they don't get shipping info out right away. Once or twice I have gotten up to emails stating my case is scheduled to be delivered that day as well so still a chance but not a big one.
Yeah, I guess I just got lucky with Panini HOF Basketball as it got here on release day. Just stinks about a bad release date.

Now I can just hope Amazon gets GT5 here on release date as promised so I have something to entertain myself with until Monday! lol

Old 11-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #45 (permalink)

Well poppy cock looks like Wing night Wednesday for me, Thursday is turkey and football, Friday is grilling and Iron Bowl, Sat is more grilling and more football, Sunday is well you can see where this is going lol STEAK and football!! Then Monday night break so I'm covered till Monday. Btw in between games and stuff will prob be some Black ops
Old 11-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #46 (permalink)

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey yooooooooooooooou guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuys! (And Gals.)

Just got tracking info for the 2 cases...and they are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!! So, keep an eye out!!! I'll be posting a rough time for the break hopefully. I figured it wouldn't get here in time, but looks like things are going to work out!

It won't be until later in the evening. I just hope they aren't going to try and deliver early because I'll be out. Taking my grandfather for pre-op first thing in the morning for a pacemaker, so as long as they deliver late morning or in the afternoon, everything will be good to go. (They usually deliver late to my apartment anyhow.)

I'm GUESTIMATING that it will be around 8pm Eastern. Maybe 9ish. This time is not set in stone, so keep that in mind and watch the thread for an official time, but it will not be any earlier than 6pm and no later than 10pm. So this gives you a rough estimate of what time we're looking at. (This means 3pm to 7pm for those out on the west coast.)

Figured I'd give you guys the heads up and looking forward to breaking these cases for everyone!

Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #47 (permalink)

woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dacubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:53 PM   #48 (permalink)

The later the better. Don't get off of work till 11. So if you can wait till say around 11:30 pm to start. That Would be Great. LOL. I am not holding my Breath.

Maybe you can do for Me like last years break of limited When you pulled Me the Sanchez and Stafford. At least I'm in box 13. I like that number.

Gl Everyone
FINS4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:18 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINS4LIFE View Post
The later the better. Don't get off of work till 11. So if you can wait till say around 11:30 pm to start. That Would be Great. LOL. I am not holding my Breath.

Maybe you can do for Me like last years break of limited When you pulled Me the Sanchez and Stafford. At least I'm in box 13. I like that number.

Gl Everyone
Number 13 = Dan the man and my Birthday in 20 days
Old 11-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #50 (permalink)

Base slot is available fs/ft pm me if anyone is interested.

Collecting Da Bears auto/patches
bearsfanfl is offline   Reply With Quote