Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

View Poll Results: What Case Do We Break For June?
2011 Bowman Platinum 12 box case $1019.95 10 62.50%
2011 Bowman 12 box case $800.00 1 6.25%
2010 Bowman Draft 12 box case $885.00 1 6.25%
2010 Topps Chrome 12 box case $534.95 2 12.50%
2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces 16 box case $750.00 2 12.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Baseball Club #2 - June Poll

Here are the options:

(PLEASE DO NOT VOTE IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE GROUP BREAK - If you're interested in joining the available teams are listed here http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/t...ng-thread.html)

2011 Bowman Platinum 12 box case $1019.95 (we may get a deal or a weekend special price too)
2011 Bowman 12 box case $800.00
2010 Bowman Draft 12 box case $885.00
2010 Topps Chrome 12 box case $534.95
2008 Upper Deck Masterpieces 16 box case $750.00

Voting will be open through Wednesday. Whichever product has the most votes by Thursday will be purchased for June.

Last edited by Nodie27; 04-26-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

also once whichever product wins...we should have a july /august combined poll. inorder to lock in lenage in august and july decide what we are breaking and lock some things in
canuhandle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm assuming we should ignore raptorbill's vote for 2008 UD Masterpieces as he's not in the group, right?
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I'm assuming we should ignore raptorbill's vote for 2008 UD Masterpieces as he's not in the group, right?
Yeah pretty much lol
Old 04-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
alternately, we could see if he wants to get INTO the group and count it
Old 04-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Looks like 2011 Bowman Platinum is the winner for June a couple of things:

1)Should i put down payment on Bowman Platinum now or hope for a weekend special/coupon?

2) Please start discussing July Break. Also feel free to, if you can, start sending June payments.

Thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Looks like 2011 Bowman Platinum is the winner for June a couple of things:

1)Should i put down payment on Bowman Platinum now or hope for a weekend special/coupon?

2) Please start discussing July Break. Also feel free to, if you can, start sending June payments.

Thanks
I think at this point there's no harm in waiting for a potential special. If nothing comes up over the weekend, pull the trigger on Sunday night, I'd say.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I agree. If you want, you can even give them a call. Often they will give you the discount in advance for a box break.
houdini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

i agree call and see what price they quote you. in july I say we break 2010 topps chrome. or t206.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuhandle23 View Post
i agree call and see what price they quote you. in july I say we break 2010 topps chrome. or t206.
either works for me but i definitely think we should do a cheaper product like these.

Also not sure if this has been discussed but what are we going to do about shorted hits in Gypsy Queen? thinking there is a 100% chance we are going to be shorted on most likely every box. Has this been discussed? thanks
Old 04-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderdale View Post
either works for me but i definitely think we should do a cheaper product like these.

Also not sure if this has been discussed but what are we going to do about shorted hits in Gypsy Queen? thinking there is a 100% chance we are going to be shorted on most likely every box. Has this been discussed? thanks
We actually haven't discussed it. I was thinking i would take care of sending in the box toppers and proper docs and once i receive them i'll distribute them to the proper owners.

If this takes longer than expected (since it is topps we're talking about) i'll give them to the team owner as of this date May/2011. That way lets say in January 2012 Tyler decides to not get the Yankees, he would still get a replacement Gypsy hit if a Yankee card comes in February. What do you guys think?
Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
We actually haven't discussed it. I was thinking i would take care of sending in the box toppers and proper docs and once i receive them i'll distribute them to the proper owners.

If this takes longer than expected (since it is topps we're talking about) i'll give them to the team owner as of this date May/2011. That way lets say in January 2012 Tyler decides to not get the Yankees, he would still get a replacement Gypsy hit if a Yankee card comes in February. What do you guys think?
That seems fair, but I'd like to add that if someone chooses not to re-up, the card be randomed between the surviving members of the group.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:

Here is my idea - random the UPC codes among the 20 teams. The odds of getting a UPC is 1:2 this way. Then ship them to the members with their team lots from the break.

You do not need a receipt or anything, just the UPC (according to Topps).

My reasoning is this: less work for the host.

Think about it. Marvin has to mail the UPC's to Topps and then wait for the autos to arrive. Then ship them to their owners. What if it takes too long? You know some owners are impatient and they will want Marvin to start calling Topps or whatever. This way, all that falls on the team owner - not Marvin.

Example: In another break we randomed the wrappers. The host sent the wrappers in (seemed smart as it saved time/postage/etc). Then the host would mail the packs out once they arrived. Guess what? Topps only sent a couple packs. So all the team owners were complaining and angry...

Lets avoid a possible headache and limit the work on the host.

Just my suggestion.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

i agree random. upc. that way they can harrass whoever for hits we will never get in a timely fashion anyways
Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

random the upc's among either owners or teams is my choice too.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Random them. Less work for you.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Another vote towards randoming the UPC. Easiest option.
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:54 AM   #18 (permalink)

houdini, you're a GD genius. +1 random UPCs.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:56 AM   #19 (permalink)

Randoming the UPCs is easiest but at the same time, if someone else gets some great triple auto for your team and you get some random auto for a player you don't care anything about or no UPC at all, you'll be upset.

I'm just saying. I know it's more work but I'd rather have the UPCs submitted and the cards sent to their rightful owners. If Marvin doesn't want to deal with that hassle then I would volunteer to do so instead. Just my two cents but majority rules so whatever the majority wants to do works for me.
Rangers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers82 View Post
Randoming the UPCs is easiest but at the same time, if someone else gets some great triple auto for your team and you get some random auto for a player you don't care anything about or no UPC at all, you'll be upset.

I'm just saying. I know it's more work but I'd rather have the UPCs submitted and the cards sent to their rightful owners. If Marvin doesn't want to deal with that hassle then I would volunteer to do so instead. Just my two cents but majority rules so whatever the majority wants to do works for me.
That is a very good point. However, in my experience, Topps is going to send us all scrub autos. Do you honestly believe they are going to send out any triple autos as missing hit replacements?

On a completely unrelated note, I just sold my first box (singles and lots) on eBay for $225.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:15 AM   #21 (permalink)

If anyone does not want their base from the Gypsy Break I'd be interested in buying. Trying to do a master set. Shoot me a PM if interested. Thanks. I'm also cool with randoming the UPCs.
Old 04-29-2011, 01:34 AM   #22 (permalink)

you may have all my base cards for free. Just pay Nodie teh shipping if he doesnt mind doing it and you can have mine.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:11 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
That is a very good point. However, in my experience, Topps is going to send us all scrub autos. Do you honestly believe they are going to send out any triple autos as missing hit replacements?
Heh, probably not. But my point is that you never know (also for such an under-produced product there don't seem to be a lot of them turning up on eBay or in box breaks I've seen here) Like I said though, majority rules. If I get someone's Koufax auto, I'm not giving it back.
Rangers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I have another suggestion about Gypsy Queen - even though the regular Gypsies are 1 per box - they are crap. They do not sell on eBay except for a $1. The tarot back version (1:96) sells for $2. I would not include these as hits in our random. I would not even want to get them all in one lot as a random (but that might be worth $15 - $20 I guess). What do you guys think?
Old 04-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I have another suggestion about Gypsy Queen - even though the regular Gypsies are 1 per box - they are crap. They do not sell on eBay except for a $1. The tarot back version (1:96) sells for $2. I would not include these as hits in our random. I would not even want to get them all in one lot as a random (but that might be worth $15 - $20 I guess). What do you guys think?
Yeah, I'd like to do the base cards in a lot, and the jewels or gypsy autos separately.