Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:45 PM   #26 (permalink)

edited..made no sense with other posts gone.

Last edited by JDK16; 12-07-2011 at 11:02 PM.
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK16 View Post
wow Tyler real classy man Im sure glad i decided to bow down.. guy simply asked a question as an outsider not knowing and he gets cursed at??
No, he did not just ask a question. There was a certain degree of implied intent there.

I have no grievance against VW, but this is not the first time he has clashed with Tyler.

Why post something like that in our group break thread?

It's easy to say you were thinking about joining after the fact.

I don't want that in my club thread.

The ONLY thing I ever thought about Marvin was that he took too much abuse - he was too nice. (Please don't read that as an insult Marvin because it truly is not - I honestly have enormous respect for you and consider you a real friend.)

Tyler will NOT take it - and I am glad.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

thats fine but you can handle it without cussing ...especially on a forum im sure many kids read but whatever this is my last post on it..
gl to you guys
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
No, he did not just ask a question. There was a certain degree of implied intent there.

I have no grievance against VW, but this is not the first time he has clashed with Tyler.

Why post something like that in our group break thread?

It's easy to say you were thinking about joining after the fact.

I don't want that in my club thread.

The ONLY thing I ever thought about Marvin was that he took too much abuse - he was too nice. (Please don't read that as an insult Marvin because it truly is not - I honestly have enormous respect for you and consider you a real friend.)

Tyler will NOT take it - and I am glad.
None taken and I agree . Some people just aren't cut out for the group break biz.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

I'm always anti-skipping months, but I have no other suggestions yet. Right now, I'd say suggest with one of the older breaks from the older suggestions (I think someone said 06 Heroes, that looked cool), as opposed to doubling up in Feb. I am always of the opinion we should save towards goals, not skip months of breaking.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:37 AM   #31 (permalink)

I would be interested in claiming a team if you are taking new members. Preferably backup for the Mets, but would take one of the unclaimed teams if allowed.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #32 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I would prefer not to skip a month.

I also vouch for skate81. He is a new member, but has been in some of my breaks on my site and I recommend him fully.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #33 (permalink)

I wouls also perfer not to skip a month.
Reid n Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #34 (permalink)

Hey Tyler - if YanksBillsFan ever lets go of the Mariners could you put me down as a backup? I'd be willing to buy the team from him too if that's not against the rules. Really would like to get into a club this year and from my limited experience on BO Forums, you all seem like a great crew to get in with. Lmk. thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #35 (permalink)

Thread updated with votes, PM sent to skate81
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #36 (permalink)

If we can get $100 from the first two months of auction, we can do a case of 2011 Topps Finest (2011 Topps Finest Baseball Hobby 8 Box Case - $531.00 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store) in January, and a 4 box case of 2012 Topps Tribute when it comes out in February (2012 Topps Tribute Baseball Hobby 4 Box Case - $1,099.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store).

$1530 (two months of dues) - $531 (2011 Finest case) - $1100 (2012 Tribute case) = -$101 to be made up from 18 possible $10 minimum bids for those two cases

I would also like to throw out that if we can not go completely buck wild every single month, we should be able to easily bank enough cash to do a master case of something like TTT around August/September when it's released. It wouldn't take much, since we already have kind of a road map for what we want to bust (Bowman, BDPP, probably a few others [maybe Topps/Bowman Chrome?]), and if we can come up with a stable of less expensive cases (~$500), while letting Tyler hold onto our cards to save on shipping. Obviously this requires Tyler's willingness to save multiple month's breaks at his house.

The only reason I bring this up is because towards the fall it seemed like people were getting antsy to break high end, and if we can plan for that, we can easily do it.

Last edited by peafour; 12-12-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edited for math
peafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #37 (permalink)

Everybody welcome our newest member, skate81! He chose to pick up the Royals for this year. Enjoyale81 is also a new member who picked up the O's. Be sure and chime in on what you'd like to break.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
If we can get $100 from the first two months of auction, we can do a case of 2011 Topps Finest (2011 Topps Finest Baseball Hobby 8 Box Case - $531.00 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store) in January, and a 4 box case of 2012 Topps Tribute when it comes out in February (2012 Topps Tribute Baseball Hobby 4 Box Case - $1,099.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store).

$1530 (two months of dues) - $531 (2011 Finest case) - $1100 (2012 Tribute case) = -$101 to be made up from 18 possible $10 minimum bids for those two cases

I would also like to throw out that if we can not go completely buck wild every single month, we should be able to easily bank enough cash to do a master case of something like TTT around August/September when it's released. It wouldn't take much, since we already have kind of a road map for what we want to bust (Bowman, BDPP, probably a few others [maybe Topps/Bowman Chrome?]), and if we can come up with a stable of less expensive cases (~$500), while letting Tyler hold onto our cards to save on shipping. Obviously this requires Tyler's willingness to save multiple month's breaks at his house.

The only reason I bring this up is because towards the fall it seemed like people were getting antsy to break high end, and if we can plan for that, we can easily do it.
I'll add those suggestions into the OP. I have zero problem holding everyone's cards if they ask me to. I can also just ship the hits and save the base. I've got an entire bedroom just for baseball cards, so space ain't no thang!
Old 12-12-2011, 05:49 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post

I actually misread the OP, and thus boned up my numbers. I thought we had 18 teams accounted for, not 22. So, we'd actually have about 350 left over with my proposal:

$1980 (two months of dues) - $531 (2011 Finest case) - $1100 (2012 Tribute case) = +349 to carry to March.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #40 (permalink)

I'm fine with 2011 Finest for January and 2012 Tribute in February. Not really a fan of skipping months.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #41 (permalink)

I am open to any of the options.
skate81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsbroker06 View Post
I'm fine with 2011 Finest for January and 2012 Tribute in February. Not really a fan of skipping months.
Same here... I vote this option
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skate81 View Post
I am open to any of the options.
You gotta vote one way or the other!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #44 (permalink)

I would be more inclined to skip January product.
skate81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 PM   #45 (permalink)

Please put me down as a backup for the Cardinals, and the Rays. Thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 10:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Guys, the 6 votes are enough already to veto the skip a month idea... unless there is a change to the 75% majority to skip rule.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
Guys, the 6 votes are enough already to veto the skip a month idea... unless there is a change to the 75% majority to skip rule.
No, no change. The aye's have it.

2011 Finest and a 4-box 2012 Tribute are looking to be out Jan/Feb breaks.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 PM   #48 (permalink)

I vote finest jan/ tribute feb............... btw finest "subject b" is Paul Molitor, my kid pulled one this weekend and when redeemed it came up as such.
Reid n Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:00 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid n Owen View Post
I vote finest jan/ tribute feb............... btw finest "subject b" is Paul Molitor, my kid pulled one this weekend and when redeemed it came up as such.
Huh.... wonder if he's in a Twins or Brewers jersey.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:18 AM   #50 (permalink)

I'm down with the Finest and Tribute plan.