Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2012 HRHC Monthly Group Break (club #2)

Alright guys, here it is. A shiny new thread for 2012's proceedings in the Home Run Hit Club. A huge thank you to Marvin for doing such a great job in 2011!

This is a $45/month buy-in. Ideally, you commit for a year. If you drop out for a month, you lose out on your team. I'm not as nice as Marvin, and I don't have $90 to spot you for 2 months.

I will be breaking every month unless we decide to combine or something like that. Our current monthly budget is $945 with the 17 members that hold 21 committed teams.
Here's the members list as of 5/19/12
Rangers82 - Rangers
hmmdecloth - Phillies
peafour - Cubs
houdini - Rays & Cardinals
Tyler - Yankees
oreo2004 - Twins
upsbroker06 - Reds
Anderdale - Braves
trubear - Brewers
Reid n Owen - Mets & Nationals
dimer10 - Red Sox
yanksbillsfan - Mariners & Marlins
dlab85 - Giants
skate81 - Royals & Dodgers
thekid1 - Tigers
steelpen2 - Pirates (March and beyond)
Riversoule - Angels (May and beyond)

The unclaimed teams as of 5/19/12 are:
Astros
Padres
White Sox
Indians
Athletics
Rockies
Blue Jays
Orioles
Diamondbacks

Backup list:
skate81 - Mets
upsbroker06 - Yankees (good luck!)
troybuilts - Red Sox
VThokie22 - Braves
Please see the payments chart at the bottom for payment deadlines (they are located next to the month). If you'd like to pay a few months in advance, go for it.

Auctions for unclaimed teams will be held monthly, usually 5 days before the payment deadline. The minimum bid is $10. It is your responsibility to review the checklist to make sure the team you're bidding on has cards in the set. If someone decides to pick up an unclaimed team in the middle of they year, they are more than welcome to do so. But remember, that team becomes yours through the end of the year.

Misc. info and rules

The Paypal address we will be using for this break is
Code:
Nope.
Do NOT send Paypal gift. Paypal knows that no one likes me enough to just up and give me money.

Quick link to subscribe to this thread (very important, especially if you aren't on here frequently) <------- do this

Here's a permanent link for the UStream feed: linuxabuser on USTREAM: Tyler's Group Breaks.

Multiple team cards will be randomed between the teams present on the card. If someone owns two teams present on a 3 way auto, then they get 2 entries in the random.

Cards will go to the team that the player(s) is depicted in on the front of the card. (If Rickey Henderson is in an A's uni and the card says that he's on the Padres, and on the back it has a stat line from his Yankees days, then the card still goes to the A's)

USA/WBC and others like that will be randomed between all teams. If you hold 4 teams, then you get 4 entries.

My default will be to ship your cards after every break unless you tell me otherwise. I can also ship the hits and hold the base until you request it. Hits will always be sent in sleeve/top-loader/team bags. Base cards will be sent double boxed. Most of you have dealt with me and know how I ship so I don't expect any issues on that

If some teams go without bids, then the cards are included for whoever wins the following month's bid for that team.

No whining.

Have fun!

Code:
Rangers82; hmmdecloth; peafour; houdini; oreo2004; upsbroker06; Anderdale; trubear; Reid n Owen; dimer10; yanksbillsfan; dlab85; riversoule; skate81; thekid1; steelpen2
This list is just for easy PM'ing purposes.

January product to be broken:
2011 Topps Finest 8 box Hobby case
($599.00) PAID 1/13

February product to be broken:

2010 Bowman Platinum 12 box Hobby case $894.00

March product to be broken:

2012 Topps Tribute 4 box Hobby case ($1149.95) $200 Deposit paid 1/13 $949.95 remaining

April product to be broken:

2012 Topps Gypsy Queen 10 box Hobby case ($999.95)

May product to be broken:
2012 Topps Archives 10 box Hobby case ($839.95)

June product to be broken:
2012 Topps Tier One 6 box Hobby case ($523.95)

Paid list:
Code:
Member Name      Team(s) Held    Jan 1/15    Feb 2/10    Mar 3/10    Apr 4/15    May 5/20    Jun6/??    Jul 7/??    Aug 8/??    Sep 9/??    Oct 10/??    Nov 11/??    Dec 12/??
Rangers82        Rangers         x           x           x           x           x           x                                            
hmmdecloth       Phillies        x           x           x           x           x           x                                            
peafour          Cubs            x           x           x           x           x           x                                    
houdini          Rays & Cards    x           x           x           x           x           x                                            
Tyler            Yankees         x           x           x           x           x           x                                        
oreo2004         Twins           x           x           x           x           x           x                                            
upsbroker06      Reds            x           x           x           x           x                                            
Anderdale        Braves          x           x           x           x           x           x                             
trubear          Brewers         x           x           x           x           x           x                                          
Reid n Owen      Mets & Nats     x           x           x           x           x           x                                            
dimer10          Red Sox         x           x           x           x           x                                            
yanksbillsfan    M's Marlins     x           x           x           x           x           x                                        
dlab85           Giants          x           x           x           x           x           x                                                                                                                                               
Skate81          Royals Dodgers  x           x           x           x           x           x                                      
thekid1          Tigers          x           x           x           x           x           x                                      
steelpen2        Pirates                                |x           x           x           x
Riversoule       Angels                                                         |x

Last edited by Tyler; 05-26-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: uppppppppppp to date
Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are within the guidelines and the host has provided verification for the age requirement. Please do your own due diligence and only join if you are comfortable with dealing with the host.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

i know we vote on products but do u have an idea of stuff we plan to bust first few months.,,
and anderdale said i could have Braves
JDK16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 05:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sweeeeet! Now I'm going to be able to relax and watch the hits come in. This is how it works right? I hosted last year and you got all the hits, now you host and I hit the Koufax, Kershaw, Kemp Autos? Right?????
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
Sweeeeet! Now I'm going to be able to relax and watch the hits come in. This is how it works right? I hosted last year and you got all the hits, now you host and I hit the Koufax, Kershaw, Kemp Autos? Right?????
You can relax for sure, but I'm throwing any Dodgers 'hits' straight in the toilet.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK16 View Post
i know we vote on products but do u have an idea of stuff we plan to bust first few months.,,
Hahaha I don't think he would like me very much if I put your name next to them.

As far as products go, look through Blowout's upcoming releases and see what looks good to you. There isn't really anything coming out besides Bowman Sterling, which I'm not a big fan of.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
You can relax for sure, but I'm throwing any Dodgers 'hits' straight in the toilet.
You cold blooded mofo. A pox on you sir! I hope you get a horrible STD found only on Gypsys!
Old 12-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
You cold blooded mofo. A pox on you sir! I hope you get a horrible STD found only on Gypsys!
Hahaha joke's on them! I've already got em all! I guess I should wait until I have my cards in-hand before I start talking #@#@#@#@ huh?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
i'll give you the braves if you send me your case of 2011 draft you recently opened!

I like the idea of doubling up for January and not breaking anything and then busting a master case of tribute for February to start this biotch off right
Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

two months towards Tribute is my vote as well

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #11 (permalink)

there's also this coming out in April that would be fun to save up for, too:

2012 Topps Museum Collection Baseball

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:11 PM   #12 (permalink)

guys i have decided to back out ill take back up if anderdale ever leaves..
just not enough royals cards to spend 45 bucks a month to not get much or nothing..
Gl to you guys I had fun the 3 months i was a part of club.. looking forward to my stash of royals coming..
Old 12-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

I've had fun with you guys, but I'm also going to back out of my spot as well. My extra scratch is running thin. Thanks to Marvin for running the club in 2011 and good luck to you guys in 2012!
Jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'll drop the Jays and pick up the Pirates.
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
guys i have decided to back out ill take back up if anderdale ever leaves..
just not enough royals cards to spend 45 bucks a month to not get much or nothing..
Gl to you guys I had fun the 3 months i was a part of club.. looking forward to my stash of royals coming..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared View Post
I've had fun with you guys, but I'm also going to back out of my spot as well. My extra scratch is running thin. Thanks to Marvin for running the club in 2011 and good luck to you guys in 2012!
Thanks! It was fun while it lasted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
I'll drop the Jays and pick up the Pirates.
Changes made!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #16 (permalink)

please keep me on back up if anderdale ever leaves for any reason
thanks and gl guys!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

Looking good Tyler. Thanks for the great year Marv and enjoy your "retirement".
Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

I'm still in for the phils, haven't looked at product calendar. I didn't see a checklist for sterling yet, but I wouldn't mind passing on the sticker autos. I also wouldn't mind skipping the month to break a higher end case in the future. I break a lot on my own, so I prefer higher end stuff that I wouldn't normally break on my own, but I'm down with whatever we decide as a group. If this comes through jumbled, I'm on my phone and just finished a horrible horrible 48 hr session of poker, so it might not make sense.
hmmdecloth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

skipping the 1st month sounds good... and that topps museum collection looks like a cool thing to save up for...

http://s1179.photobucket.com/albums/x394/Bashi012/
orangetree00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Remember that the Museum Collection is actually Marquee. Yeah, THAT marquee. They just changed the name because so many people hated it.

I am not necessarily opposed to Marquee II - just wanted you to know. Normally when there is a good new product (2010 Bowman Platinum) there is a bad second year version (2011 Bowman Platinum). Expect 2012 Gypsy Queen to follow this trend.

Sometimes the adverse will be true on a crappy first year product though because they want to change the impression of the brand. However, here they completely abandoned the brand altogether and created a new one. Not positive, but I expect it will be no better, no worse than 2011 Marquee.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

how come the host gets the Yankees? Not complaining, but just curious.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
This is year 2 of the group. He wasn't the host last year and that was the team he chose.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

On-card autos for Tribute in 2012

Sell Sheet: http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/s...ptributeBB.pdf

Czech list: http://www.blowoutcards.com/images/b...ptributeBB.pdf
Old 12-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

I'd rather break something in January. 90 is alot to put down for Tribute and potentially (probably) get hosed. Maybe one case of something else and a 4 box case of Tribute in February.
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
I'm not curious but I will complain!