Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 09:41 PM   #676 (permalink)

Please send me the Red Sox base - let me know what you need for shipping. Thanks!
Troybuilts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:16 PM   #677 (permalink)

Damn, very nice Yankees break!
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:23 PM   #678 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

FEB BREAK RESULTS:

BOWMAN CLUB - FEB RECAP VIDEO, NICE CASE! mgugs46 on USTREAM. Baseball
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/20141206

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos

Last edited by mgugs46; 01-31-2012 at 10:29 PM.
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 PM   #679 (permalink)

These are the teams eligible for the random:

5 lemur01 - MARINERS
6 rw7183 - TIGERS
8 Ballerskrip - ANGELS
10 troybuilts - RED SOX
18 rjs83 - CARDINALS
19 Major_League - PHILLIES
20 nephinfan - REDS
22 smillz300 - BRAVES
23 gergs1134 - SF GIANTS
24 Major_League - ROCKIES
25 grm94 - DBACKS
26 chrismgiroux - MARLINS
28 jusdukky - ORIOLES

Extra Card 1 - Alex Bregman XFRAC
Extra Card 2 - Clate Schmidt REF

Old 01-31-2012, 10:41 PM   #680 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

There were 13 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. 5 lemur01 - MARINERS
  2. 22 smillz300 - BRAVES
  3. 20 nephinfan - REDS
  4. 8 Ballerskrip - ANGELS
  5. 18 rjs83 - CARDINALS
  6. 23 gergs1134 - SF GIANTS
  7. 24 Major_League - ROCKIES
  8. 28 jusdukky - ORIOLES
  9. 6 rw7183 - TIGERS
  10. 10 troybuilts - RED SOX
  11. 26 chrismgiroux - MARLINS
  12. 25 grm94 - DBACKS
  13. 19 Major_League - PHILLIES
Timestamp: 2012-02-01 03:40:43 UTC

There were 2 items in your list. Here they are in random order:
  1. Extra Card 2 - Clate Schmidt REF
  2. Extra Card 1 - Alex Bregman XFRAC
Timestamp: 2012-02-01 03:41:10 UTC
Old 01-31-2012, 10:43 PM   #681 (permalink)

Congrats to lemur and smillz

Old 01-31-2012, 11:05 PM   #682 (permalink)

dang missed it --- thanks for the break video MGUGS

If you're not paying ebay prices, I'll sell my cards on eBay. Thanks
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #683 (permalink)

I have no issue with an autopick. Had to take the wife out, barely made it to the computer to pick. I picked from what I thought was the list of available teams.

Sorry about that guys.

Oh, and I do want my base.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:44 AM   #684 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
Congrats to lemur and smillz
Thanks for the break.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #685 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
I have no issue with an autopick. Had to take the wife out, barely made it to the computer to pick. I picked from what I thought was the list of available teams.

Sorry about that guys.

Oh, and I do want my base.
Well I do. It won't kill some of these people to wait and give everyone a fair chance to pick a team.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:57 AM   #686 (permalink)

UPDATE

Everything has been sorted/packed and is ready to ship in the morning as soon as I print out all the labels. Thanks and goodnight

EDIT - We should have about $107 left over before shipping - I will update after all the labels are printed out

Last edited by mgugs46; 02-01-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #687 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Well I do. It won't kill some of these people to wait and give everyone a fair chance to pick a team.
I have to agree with you...I was 29th pick so it didn't effect me, but I wasn't sure why the rush to do the February break on Jan. 31st.

With that said....awesome job again mgugs
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR DC
dbaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #688 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaks View Post
I have to agree with you...I was 29th pick so it didn't effect me, but I wasn't sure why the rush to do the February break on Jan. 31st.

With that said....awesome job again mgugs
The only rush was that majority of the people voted to do it pre- super bowl. That and the fact that we are only picking teams, and there are only 30 possible choices. It really should not take 2 days to pick 30 teams.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 AM   #689 (permalink)

Quote:
The only rush was that majority of the people voted to do it pre- super bowl. That and the fact that we are only picking teams, and there are only 30 possible choices. It really should not take 2 days to pick 30 teams.
I didn't mean anything toward you Mike....I'm just saying in general I know people were excited and wanted to break pre-SB so that's what we did, but I thought the rush added to the craziness.

As far as the draft goes, not everyone can be on during the day, so it could be tough for people to pick. Other people can't be on at night. We did the random and then boom draft started and people were calling for auto picks almost right away. Just saying I would at least give the people a day or so to see the random and then if they know they can't be on to send you a list.

just my 2 cents
Old 02-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #690 (permalink)

sweet, 2 breaks in a row with no cards. I definitely vote for random teams and names going forward. Thanks for hosting Mike, great job as always.
chrismgiroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:20 AM   #691 (permalink)

Soooooooo what are we breaking for Feb??
Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #692 (permalink)

Everyones package has shipped - except for Major_League [I sent you a PM]

Old 02-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #693 (permalink)

While I agree that some members are on during the day, while others are on during the evening hours, it's not hard to take a minute before/after/during work or other of life's activities to check in just to find out where everything stands. If you're part of a monthly group break, members need to understand that they need to find those few minutes and fit it in their schedules to check in once in a while. We can't have people going days without checking the status of things. We all made the commitment to the club, so we need to be responsible for our part.

I believe Mike is also right, in that a 30 team draft shouldn't take long to finish. It's not a hit draft, where you have 100-200+ slots to fill.

Just my opinion on some of the recent discussions.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #694 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
While I agree that some members are on during the day, while others are on during the evening hours, it's not hard to take a minute before/after/during work or other of life's activities to check in just to find out where everything stands. If you're part of a monthly group break, members need to understand that they need to find those few minutes and fit it in their schedules to check in once in a while. We can't have people going days without checking the status of things. We all made the commitment to the club, so we need to be responsible for our part.

I believe Mike is also right, in that a 30 team draft shouldn't take long to finish. It's not a hit draft, where you have 100-200+ slots to fill.

Just my opinion on some of the recent discussions.
I agree with you 100%....everyone has a responsibility to check in on this. But if you look back the original pay deadline was 1/31.....everyone paid early and we randomed at 2:00pm on 1/30 and almost instantly everyone was saying "this needs to be fast and done tonight". I understand that everyone wanted the break pre-SB and there was a little time crunch, but I guarantee you that anyone who isn't on during the day had no idea the random took place. I'm able to get on during the day, but if I wasn't I might not have seen this until after 6pm. If I was the 1st pick I would have been the hold up, but really was it fair that I didn't instantly see the random at 2pm and know to pick?

I'm not trying to be difficult....just trying to give a different perspective. I agree that the draft should not take long. But maybe instead of it starting instantly after the random, start it the next day. Gives everyone a day to get on and see where they are picking. If at that point they can't send a list or be on to pick than auto pick is the way to go.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:41 AM   #695 (permalink)

To be clear, I have no issue with the fact the first pick didn't pick until 1130 at night. My issue is that the next day people still did not pick nor did many send a list. Again with only 30 choices coming up with a list should take a few minutes tops. Maybe it's just me, but once I've paid for a break I check to see what's going on/where we are at with everything.

It's not a huge deal, but IMO we shouldn't ever need more than a day to select 30 teams. If it was a player draft I could see it being time consuming but it's not.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #696 (permalink)

Quote:
To be clear, I have no issue with the fact the first pick didn't pick until 1130 at night. My issue is that the next day people still did not pick nor did many send a list. Again with only 30 choices coming up with a list should take a few minutes tops. Maybe it's just me, but once I've paid for a break I check to see what's going on/where we are at with everything.

It's not a huge deal, but IMO we shouldn't ever need more than a day to select 30 teams. If it was a player draft I could see it being time consuming but it's not.
Ok that is certainly more than fair. It just seemed like people were yelling to auto pick #1 after an hour or so.

Its all good
Old 02-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #697 (permalink)

I still like the idea of drafting teams. I just think it makes it more fun for the members of the club. Maybe going forward we make a timeline of events so everyone can plan in advance of the draft. For example March timeline (probably leaving something out, but just an example):

Decide product to be broken by 3/1
Payment due by end of day 3/4
Random takes place 3/5
Draft begins at 8 AM ET on 3/9 (leaves time during the week leading up to the draft for trades)
Break takes place 3/14 8 PM ET

This puts a process in place for the club, gives people milestones to plan for well in advance, and everyone will know exactly when club events are going to happen each month. Maybe this is too structured, but just throwing it out there as a suggestion. I think we have a good group of 30 members, and with this being a new club, we may just need a little process improvement going forward.

Mgugs – Wasn’t able to be on last night, but seemed like a pretty good case. Thanks again for all you do!
Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM   #698 (permalink)

Quote:

Completely agree.

In an effort to keep things moving, perhaps we post the product checklist so people can prepare pre-ranked team lists? Then it won't matter what pick # you have, what teams have been taken or if we're busy.

Basically; why wait until the random to start thinking about your pick? If you know the potential hits in the product being busted, it should be fairly quick to put together a list.
gr33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:08 AM   #699 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaks View Post
Ok that is certainly more than fair. It just seemed like people were yelling to auto pick #1 after an hour or so.

Its all good
Yeah, I wasn't referring to the #1 pick...that was different. I was referring, also, to the remainder of the draft. I wasn't making myself clear.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:11 AM   #700 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksBandit View Post
I still like the idea of drafting teams. I just think it makes it more fun for the members of the club. Maybe going forward we make a timeline of events so everyone can plan in advance of the draft. For example March timeline (probably leaving something out, but just an example):

Decide product to be broken by 3/1
Payment due by end of day 3/4
Random takes place 3/5
Draft begins at 8 AM ET on 3/9 (leaves time during the week leading up to the draft for trades)
Break takes place 3/14 8 PM ET

This puts a process in place for the club, gives people milestones to plan for well in advance, and everyone will know exactly when club events are going to happen each month. Maybe this is too structured, but just throwing it out there as a suggestion. I think we have a good group of 30 members, and with this being a new club, we may just need a little process improvement going forward.

Mgugs – Wasn’t able to be on last night, but seemed like a pretty good case. Thanks again for all you do!
I think laying it out like this would SAVE HEADACHES. Everyone knows what is happening and when. That way there are no excuses.

Also, I like the idea of having the checklist posted (with teams!) in the thread. This should help move along the process.

I enjoyed the fast pace of this last break. BUT, I also work from home a lot, and had time to always be checking. It did seem a bit rushed, and frustrations grew for no reason in my eyes.

skrip
Ballerskrip is offline   Reply With Quote