Blowout Cards Forums
Sport Card Album

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 04:08 PM   #226 (permalink)
Banned

I sold my picks to a member paypal gift for 40 bucks...do I refund him the money and file claim to get my 138 back? First time I have participated in a break, second was oldgoldys

Thanks everyone, hate that this has happened.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #227 (permalink)

I've never had to open a dispute. Some guidance would be much appreciative. Thanks in advance, JC.

I guess there is no possibility of getting a refund if we purchased slots?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #228 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAbitOUTSIDE View Post
I've never had to open a dispute. Some guidance would be much appreciative. Thanks in advance, JC.

I meant to say, there is no possibility of getting a refund if we purchased slots from another member.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:35 PM   #229 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by justAbitOUTSIDE View Post

Got pm saying everything was clear now? If not I'll refund you and file claim I guess
Old 04-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #230 (permalink)

Razor - PM from who? Were these cases paid for already? Were they shipped? If they were paid for then can someone else do the break?
dareshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:44 PM   #231 (permalink)

Opened Claim
mwolfson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #232 (permalink)
Banned

Pat...he sent me pm

I need to know whether I should refund the members money and file claim

This break is doomed it seems at this point

Someone who is familiar with group breaks please lmk what do

Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Pat...he sent me pm

I need to know whether I should refund the members money and file claim

This break is doomed it seems at this point

Someone who is familiar with group breaks please lmk what do

Thanks
If it's still on, I'll gladly cancel my dispute. But i didn't get a PM from Pat yet
SeventhEvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #234 (permalink)

If the cases were paid for then can someone else host the break if they would want to?
dareshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #235 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareshan View Post
If the cases were paid for then can someone else host the break if they would want to?
What if they have been shipped to the OP already?
Old 04-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #236 (permalink)

Claim filed and escalated. Is there anything I need to do after escalating besides waiting to hear back from paypal. Spent well over $300 on this break, hopefuly I can get my money back.
nxun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #237 (permalink)

I just escalated my claim as well. With the amount of claims and escalations going up I'm hoping we should be able to get our money back.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #238 (permalink)

What he should do if he's as well respected as people have said, is just refund us all the money on his own
bizmark31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #239 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_blowoutcards View Post
Due to slow shipping and lack of communication with a different break, the host has been suspended until those issues have been resolved. Please file a claim or open a dispute through Paypal immediately to protect yourselves. Please update this thread when/if you receive a refund. After the dust settles, we may try to have a substitute host if possible.
The host has responded and is resolving the issues with the shipping in the other break. Still, we feel it would be better at this point to have the host issue refunds for this break. Refunds will be sent soon in waves...the host had paid for the cases and I will refund him partially as he refunds you guys. Please PM me when you have received your refund. Also PM me if you would like this break continued with a different host (probably iluvfish2) - we will hold the cases for you guys - we need everyone on board for this to happen, but we can discuss this in more depth after refunds are received.

Thanks
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:37 PM   #240 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

If another person hosts this, I'd only do it if I kept my same slot since it was a decent one, and I think anyone with a good slot would want to do the same. On the other hand, I'm sure those with bad slots wouldn't want to continue. I'm thinking this break is dead.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #241 (permalink)

I think the break is dead as well.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
If another person hosts this, I'd only do it if I kept my same slot since it was a decent one, and I think anyone with a good slot would want to do the same. On the other hand, I'm sure those with bad slots wouldn't want to continue. I'm thinking this break is dead.
Another fair option would be for Blowout to host the break for those of us who want to continue w/ the picks we have. If people opt to drop out, Blowout could take those spots and suspend those drop-outs from future breaks. That way those of us w/ good picks don't get screwed w/ another random and the drop-outs don't get rewarded for leaving. I understand everyone's side. Heck, I'd probably opt out if i had bad picks and live w/ the reprecussions. Blowout can probably afford the loses and earn good will from those of us who feel cheated.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #243 (permalink)

I was wondering if anyone out there has ever had this happen before. Just wondering how it was dealt with in the past. thanks
chadc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #244 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

I think this is bull. I had the #1 pick in one of the cases and sold off some other picks I had. Now I have refund the picks I sold and then not even get the chance at a pick. I hope we can still get this break going with iluvfish and we all keep the same spots. This is only fair. I can see why people would want out of the break if they had bad spots but the guys with high picks shouldn't be punished. I hope we can resolve this somehow
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
I think this is bull. I had the #1 pick in one of the cases and sold off some other picks I had. Now I have refund the picks I sold and then not even get the chance at a pick. I hope we can still get this break going with iluvfish and we all keep the same spots. This is only fair. I can see why people would want out of the break if they had bad spots but the guys with high picks shouldn't be punished. I hope we can resolve this somehow
I feel very bad for you trouts and understand your pain but I am one of the ones that has to kill this break. I bought $546 worth the spots and didn't get one spot higher than 10 then sold them all for $180. I know that is luck of the draw but anyone in my position would just want a refund and cancel the break. Again I am sorry but I vote to kill the break and I am sorry guys because I would be mad to if I had first slot and this happened but if any of you were in my shoes you would do the same thing. Thanks and hope you all understand.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Hailstone24/
Hail24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Trouts, Please send me the pp gift I sent you for the spots, I trust that you will asap. I will PM you.
primecardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
I feel your pain. I had so many top 7 picks. I wish Blowout would resolve this soon (break or no break). I've spent way too much time on this thread. Very sad that they decide not to go ahead w/ the break when the host is fulfilling his obligation on another break, albeit a few days late.

Wouldn't it have been fair for the host to send $1,600+ to a new host rather than refund 20+ individuals???

Last edited by SeventhEvan; 04-04-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Still angry
Old 04-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #248 (permalink)

sucks that this happened...I have one good and one decent slot, but I still don't want to continue with the break at this point unless blowout really went above and beyond in explaining what happened and running this themselves (which I don't think they have to do here.)

I certainly wouldn't attempt to punish the "drop-outs" by suspending them from future breaks, that's ludicrous, no offense to the person who suggested it. I mean, yes, it sucks for people who hit good picks, but we're all going to end up with our money back. It's only because this is some sort of weird situation that it's even an issue--if the guy had run off with our money, we'd all just be happy to be made whole.
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by primecardz View Post
Trouts, Please send me the pp gift I sent you for the spots, I trust that you will asap. I will PM you.
You are a stand up guy! Appreciate you making good on this so fast!
primecardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger221166 View Post
sucks that this happened...I have one good and one decent slot, but I still don't want to continue with the break at this point unless blowout really went above and beyond in explaining what happened and running this themselves (which I don't think they have to do here.)
100% agree