Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #251 (permalink)

The cases & supplies were paid for. Why couldn't one of the moderators or BO do the break. It would have been a small inconvenience, but with a 2 pick, 3 pick, & something in the middle it sucks. And with all of the extra hits they put in this product this could have been one of the best breaks of the year. I guess this will be the last break I do on this site. What a shame because every experience I have had has been great, but one bad experience just ruined the last year & a half.
dareshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #252 (permalink)

i have a not so good spot and I would like to cancel the break. However it really isn't fair to cancel this break to the guys at the top spots,and if it is cancelled they should get some sort of compensation, say the top 5 or top 10 spots or something in each case, those guys are getting a raw deal. not saying blowout should compensate them its just an unfortunate circumstance and i'd be pissed off if I had a top spot. Although we could pull a bunch of garbage anyway which is also a risk.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #253 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I opened a claim.

If the package was still on route to the suspended host, UPS allows for the shipper to re-route the package before it is delivered. Blowout could get it returned to them or sent instead to someone else to hold the break.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #254 (permalink)

I am not sure where this thing stands but I would be up for hosting this since im not in it. Just let me know pat. Hope this thing works out for everyone.

Always Looking for different things.... But my PC is Cincy Bengals Rc Auto's (AJ Green & Gio Bernard Mostly)
badsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #255 (permalink)

Pretty sure this is dead, since I sold my spots to p.thomason I will refund him once bcl refunds me. I will sustain from voting since my vote shouldn't count as I was already out of this break, but it looks like there's quite a few who no longer wish to be in the break.
DCN12586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #256 (permalink)

I realize this is 1 persons fault, although nobody knows the real story. These cases and supplies were already paid for so the best thing to do was to either have a mod host or ask someone else. For BO to just cancel the break without exploring other options is just wrong. I realize that the people with low spots obviously want it cancelled, but that is part of the risk of joining these breaks. The case I busted today had 33 hits not including the base and parallels. That means over 1/3rd of the spots would have gotten extra hits. I am extremely upset with how this was handled and yes I realize I had 2 great spots & 1 good one, but to just cancel the entire break is WRONG!!!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #257 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Quote:
Originally Posted by badsims View Post
I am not sure where this thing stands but I would be up for hosting this since im not in it. Just let me know pat. Hope this thing works out for everyone.
I would totally be up for badsims hosting the break. please let it be so
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #258 (permalink)

Well I just bought the same number slot in a break that will be happening (for the same $$$) so I'm all good just as soon as I get my refund.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #259 (permalink)

Following everyone else's lead, claim filed

Trade by common sense.
http://s653.photobucket.com/albums/uu257/CardsfortradeMayo/
OJMayo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareshan View Post
The cases & supplies were paid for. Why couldn't one of the moderators or BO do the break. It would have been a small inconvenience, but with a 2 pick, 3 pick, & something in the middle it sucks. And with all of the extra hits they put in this product this could have been one of the best breaks of the year. I guess this will be the last break I do on this site. What a shame because every experience I have had has been great, but one bad experience just ruined the last year & a half.
I'm w/ you. A refund just won't cut it for me. This could have been handled better. Have the old host send the money to a new host and let's break.
SeventhEvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #261 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhEvan View Post
I'm w/ you. A refund just won't cut it for me. This could have been handled better. Have the old host send the money to a new host and let's break.
I don't know man it may be too late for this break. Everyone is filling a claim for a refund, and I'm sure the guys drafting in the bottom half are not going to cancel their claim especially after being told to file. Hopefully, everyone gets their refund and put it towards another national treasure break.
nxun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #262 (permalink)

Seven, the old host wouldn't have to do anything. The cases were already paid for. All they would have had to do was have a mod do the break or find another member to volunteer to break. This is all a big cluster____. You have over 60 people trying to refund other people who bought there spots, people filing claims, trying to refund thousands of dollars through paypal that the host doesn't even have. BO has all of the money. What happens if for some reason paypal says they aren't going to refund somebody? People with high picks got screwed, people that sold there picks are getting screwed, this is a complete lose-lose situation for everyone concerned. For the mod to just say were cancelling this break on the day of release is crazy. Now how long do we all have to wait to get our money back. Of course everyone who had low picks isn't going to want the break to happen. There are probably some people who lost hundreds of dollars with low draft spots. They are probably just as happy as we are mad. That is why after the other NT break I'm in tomorrow is over I will no longer be participating. To see one person have the power to just decide what is best for probably over 100 people is crazy, The least they could have done was explain the situation and decide what to do from there with all of the people involved.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 AM   #263 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to trouts2

Quote:
Seven, the old host wouldn't have to do anything. The cases were already paid for. All they would have had to do was have a mod do the break or find another member to volunteer to break. This is all a big cluster____. You have over 60 people trying to refund other people who bought there spots, people filing claims, trying to refund thousands of dollars through paypal that the host doesn't even have. BO has all of the money. What happens if for some reason paypal says they aren't going to refund somebody? People with high picks got screwed, people that sold there picks are getting screwed, this is a complete lose-lose situation for everyone concerned. For the mod to just say were cancelling this break on the day of release is crazy. Now how long do we all have to wait to get our money back. Of course everyone who had low picks isn't going to want the break to happen. There are probably some people who lost hundreds of dollars with low draft spots. They are probably just as happy as we are mad. That is why after the other NT break I'm in tomorrow is over I will no longer be participating. To see one person have the power to just decide what is best for probably over 100 people is crazy, The least they could have done was explain the situation and decide what to do from there with all of the people involved.

I agree, this break was 2 months in the making and to cancel it on day of release is completely ridiculous. Someone, either mod or someone at blowout should still conduct the break. Like dareshan says, its not just getting refunds from the host, its us having to refund everyone who we made deals with and thats just a pain in the ass in itself. Someone needs to take care of this mess or there will be a ton of pissed off people
trouts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #264 (permalink)

Im not sure what they can do. It's just a bad situation. If people wanna be mad they should be pissed off at the host not the mod. I wonder how long it's gonna take to get the money from PayPal?
chadc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:08 AM   #265 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouts2 View Post
I would totally be up for badsims hosting the break. please let it be so
I agree completely. I want the break to go on still.
And thank you for the quick refund trouts2
Old 04-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #266 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
^This is blowouts website, of course they have the power to decide what they wish in the manner they choose. They are looking out for everyone, not just the guys who were at the top...

You make it sound so simple, but in reality people paid the host to do this break. How would you like to buy a new car from one salesman and when you were handing him the cash they brought in another guy who said the car is being repaired, but we still want you to pay the original price we agreed upon? This break is done, get a refund and move on. Sucks for you no doubt, but no way you can straighten this mess out and move forward. The OP is at fault, not blowout, not the people involved.

How would you do this break when say 15-25 spots have backed out? Do the top guys keep their spots? How would you entice people to pay 70 bucks for any spot 15-25 for example. No way, and those people have every right to protect their interests and their money..
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #267 (permalink)

I don't understand your car analogy at all. What does that have to do with this break. You make it sound like I traded for a card and found out the corner was bent. The cases and supplies were bought & paid for a long time ago. Obviously before random. At that point there would be no need for OP anymore. It doesn't matter if Op, you, I, or Barack Obama bust the cases at this point. How could anyone even have the option of backing out if the random has been done, people who wanted to sold there spots & the break was about to happen. All BO needed to do was state whoever was temporarily suspended so due to this we either need a volunteer to do the break or one of the mods could do the break. End of story. No need for anyone to back out. No need for refunds. No need to screw anyone. Once again, I'm sorry for the people at the bottom of the draft, but that was the chance they took when they signed up for this break. I've been there plenty of times to. It is BO site & they can do what they like. Just like I can decide to quit giving them my money & taking the risk of this happening again. It was a bad situation, that was made even worse when it didn't need to be.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't understand your car analogy at all. What does that have to do with this break. You make it sound like I traded for a card and found out the corner was bent. The cases and supplies were bought & paid for a long time ago. Obviously before random. At that point there would be no need for OP anymore. It doesn't matter if Op, you, I, or Barack Obama bust the cases at this point. How could anyone even have the option of backing out if the random has been done, people who wanted to sold there spots & the break was about to happen. All BO needed to do was state whoever was temporarily suspended so due to this we either need a volunteer to do the break or one of the mods could do the break. End of story. No need for anyone to back out. No need for refunds. No need to screw anyone. Once again, I'm sorry for the people at the bottom of the draft, but that was the chance they took when they signed up for this break. I've been there plenty of times to. It is BO site & they can do what they like. Just like I can decide to quit giving them my money & taking the risk of this happening again. It was a bad situation, that was made even worse when it didn't need to be.
The people w/ bad spots are taking advantage of this situation. To me, when you agree to be in a break - it's like a contract. Refund after a random should never be an option. That is why I suggested banning future participation for those who opt out of this break. What is their reason for opting out? Is it b/c they got bad picks or something else? Please, someone tell me a reason for opting out other than a bad pick.
SeventhEvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #269 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to zepzoso Send a message via Yahoo to zepzoso

BLOWOUT told people to get out. Are we suppose to ignore all the moderators now?
zepzoso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #270 (permalink)

I would agree with you that there's no reason to try and drop out of a break just because you got a bad spot--until the point when everyone gets messages saying the break was cancelled and it's recommended we should file claims/disputes for our money. There was no "opt out." No one is taking advantage of the situation. Like I said, I have a #7 and a #11, but you better believe I filed immediately.

If you want to be mad at blowout, fine, but I don't think they have any responsibility to host the break or work out a transfer to another member host just because the original flaked out. But don't be mad at everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhEvan View Post
The people w/ bad spots are taking advantage of this situation. To me, when you agree to be in a break - it's like a contract. Refund after a random should never be an option. That is why I suggested banning future participation for those who opt out of this break. What is their reason for opting out? Is it b/c they got bad picks or something else? Please, someone tell me a reason for opting out other than a bad pick.
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:45 AM   #271 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepzoso View Post
BLOWOUT told people to get out. Are we suppose to ignore all the moderators now?
+1......

This is blowouts site, they tell me to protect myself, guess what I am doing what they say. Whether I had the #1 pick or #25 pick.

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 04-05-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #272 (permalink)
Administrator

Please limit posts to this thread to whether you've been refunded or not. We understand that it is unfortunate that this break is currently cancelled, but there are too many complications to just shipping the cases to a new host. What if the package is lost...do you file a paypal claim with the original host now? If we reroute the cases, then what if the original hosts files a claim with us? We took action to protect our members, and it may have been a bit overboard, but we would rather err on the side of caution. Right now, let's focus on getting refunds for everyone.

Thanks
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #273 (permalink)

When should we be expecting refunds?
nxun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #274 (permalink)
Administrator

Here is an update. I am in contact with bcl1607 and a few refunds have been sent already. But since his account is way negative due to the claims, the refunds will not clear for a few days. We have recalled the case shipment and once that is received we will refund the rest of the money to bcl1607 so that he can in turn refund you guys. At this point, please give us a day or two to sort out the refund and bcl1607 will then continue to send out refunds. Tracking was provided in the other break and members are starting to receive their cards, so at this point I believe everyone will be receiving a refund. I will keep you guys updated here (right now try to hold off on blasting the host with pm's and emails).

Thanks for your patience.
admin_blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #275 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepzoso View Post
Refund has been made to you zepzoso. Thanks.

http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/Hailstone24/
Hail24 is offline   Reply With Quote