Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #151 (permalink)
Banned

im looking to sell my spot in this break if I cant move up to top 2. Let me know if anyone is interested.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #152 (permalink)

We're on! Cases have tracking and should be delivered tomorrow.

After a few discussions with other members, I feel that we should hold a player draft or team random for next months break.

Feel free to discuss next months case and format. Hit draft is out, until further notice.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 PM   #153 (permalink)

Team Random

Nice!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #154 (permalink)

Refresh my memory - what is next month's break?

I will vote against a player draft for every break, only becuase with 15 members, it would take WAY too long to complete the draft. Either team random, team draft, or hit draft should be our choices every month.
Hobby Shop Owner in Wells, ME

nhsportsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #155 (permalink)
Banned

im all for random team. Hit drafts suck.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #156 (permalink)

1/1
AL
Retired
Old 09-18-2012, 07:56 PM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
We're on! Cases have tracking and should be delivered tomorrow.

After a few discussions with other members, I feel that we should hold a player draft or team random for next months break.

Feel free to discuss next months case and format. Hit draft is out, until further notice.
I guess it would depend on the year and product we are breaking.....
Old 09-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #158 (permalink)

We should never do a hit draft. Worst case scenario we do a pack draft where the host opens all the boxes and lays the packs out on the table and we take turns picking packs.

Tomorrow night Basically 3-4 people are going to do really well and the majority of us are going to lose about $100. It takes the fun out of the break when you know going into it that you wont get anything.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 Cards View Post
We should never do a hit draft. Worst case scenario we do a pack draft where the host opens all the boxes and lays the packs out on the table and we take turns picking packs.

Tomorrow night Basically 3-4 people are going to do really well and the majority of us are going to lose about $100. It takes the fun out of the break when you know going into it that you wont get anything.
That is a valid point, but the same can be said about a team break. Frankly, when you analyze them, the odds of making money are the same with each form of break. Any way the break is configured, only 2-4 people will really come out ahead, but given that this is a high-end break, the whole thing concept of our group is a gamble. No one buys cases of 5-star, TTT, Sterling, etc, to put sets together - they buy it for the hits.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
That is a valid point, but the same can be said about a team break. Frankly, when you analyze them, the odds of making money are the same with each form of break. Any way the break is configured, only 2-4 people will really come out ahead, but given that this is a high-end break, the whole thing concept of our group is a gamble. No one buys cases of 5-star, TTT, Sterling, etc, to put sets together - they buy it for the hits.
Agreed, but I am not in this for the money. If I was I would have spent my $135 on 2 boxes of bowman chrome. I am in this for fun and the chance at something really nice from a high end product.

At least in a team break we get the adrenaline rush of watching the packs being opened, not knowing what is coming out. With this format the people stuck in the middle to end already know going in that they get the scraps. It takes all the fun and excitement out of it.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Agreed, but I am not in this for the money. If I was I would have spent my $135 on 2 boxes of bowman chrome. I am in this for fun and the chance at something really nice from a high end product.

At least in a team break we get the adrenaline rush of watching the packs being opened, not knowing what is coming out. With this format the people stuck in the middle to end already know going in that they get the scraps. It takes all the fun and excitement out of it.
We're basically talking about 'semantics' - should the rush come at the random, or during the break? This can be debated endlessly, but we're both basically saying the same thing. Either way, the chance of losing money is the same, we're just gambling.

Again, hit draft, team draft, or team random are my choices, in no specific order....maybe even a hit random? The only thing I'm against is a player draft.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #162 (permalink)

I do lean towards team drafts most of the time (I would have preferred one for Triple Threads especially) but with only 15 hits a case, Five Star would be an especially large gamble. Five Star is actually one of the few products I'd prefer a hit draft for.

I do agree with 711 Cards about hit drafts taking some of the excitement out of the actual opening though. If I'm going to lose my money, I'm going out with an adrenaline rush!

My Photobucket: http://s526.photobucket.com/albums/cc343/mcgoo2_2008/
mcgoo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #163 (permalink)

There is no rush for the random, hell its not even filmed some mod just posts the results. I didn't even know it happened until the next day. My only suggestion for a hit draft would to do a pack draft or at least have the mod random the list and that is the order we pick from the sealed packs.

I am pretty sure the people with the top 4 picks are happy and the other 11 are not, as you can see with the # of people either wanting out of the break or wanting to pay money to move up.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #164 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

I agree. Hit draft is garbage in my opinion. If everything is hit draft, im probably dropping out. Unless you get lucky in the random, and place 1 or 2 the rest sucks. Atleast with random teams, everyone has a shot at the top card because it could fall to any team.

As of right now, I dont even care for busting this product having the 8th seed because I know im picking from left overs. Alteast with a random team or team draft, I can root for and keep in suspense right through the break. 80% of the excitement is hoping the rest is found in actually hitting. With this hit draft, I pretty much at at 100% no excitement as I know im getting a left over hit

Last edited by Orangejello727; 09-18-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #165 (permalink)

I agree with Orangejello. I hate hit drafts and voted against doing it with TTT. I prefer team random, team draft or pack random, in that order.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #166 (permalink)

The only reason I prefer a hit draft over team random or team draft is that at least everyone is guaranteed cards. Sure, they're not going to be huge hits, but at least everyone is getting something. With a team break, especially with high-end products, there is a strong liklihood that you could end up with nothing, not even base cards. That, to me, is garbage.

A pack draft seems to accomodate both schools of thought, though; everyone is getting something, everyone has an equal chance of something big, and the excitement is there the entire break.

For the reasons listed above, I change my vote - each and every month (so long as we stick to our name and only do high-end products) - to a pack draft.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #167 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsportsguy View Post
The only reason I prefer a hit draft over team random or team draft is that at least everyone is guaranteed cards. Sure, they're not going to be huge hits, but at least everyone is getting something. With a team break, especially with high-end products, there is a strong liklihood that you could end up with nothing, not even base cards. That, to me, is garbage.

A pack draft seems to accomodate both schools of thought, though; everyone is getting something, everyone has an equal chance of something big, and the excitement is there the entire break.

For the reasons listed above, I change my vote - each and every month (so long as we stick to our name and only do high-end products) - to a pack draft.

You tend to sell all your spots in every break as once the random is done, you automatically put up a For sale sign on them. I dont understand how hitting in a break matter if your spot is always up for sale?

I rather have a chance at a big card than settling for a lousy hit that I wouldnt even want shipped to me. Thats the point of a case break, to have a chance at hitting something I never could from busting a box or 2. I have the oppurtunity to catch that big fish because im apart of a whole case break. That chance of hitting big is why I join case breaks by hedging by odds without spending $2000 for a case. Once that chance is gone (like in this hit draft), whats left?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #168 (permalink)

We all can go back and 4th with our opinions on which draft option is the best. The bottomline is we all have a vote in which product and type of draft to be used each month.

Once decided we should look forward and not back!!

Just my 2 cents!
Mike Yoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #169 (permalink)

in my humble opinion a team draft or random for TTT could be just as bad as any break, some teams will end up with only base. that being said, this is the only way i can guarantee that everyone gets a pack-worth of hits.

basically the lower draft spots will get 2 auto's or relics (their choice) and it will still be better than going to your LCS and buying the one pack getting one auto, one relic and some base. i honestly thought that this format would be better than a team random, having opened cases of TTT before, it is common knowledge that there are some teams with nothing, and some teams have everything.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #170 (permalink)

I vote team draft for next month's break. Not a fan of hit draft but I agree it was the best way to settle this break.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #171 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWBUS1978 View Post
in my humble opinion a team draft or random for TTT could be just as bad as any break, some teams will end up with only base. that being said, this is the only way i can guarantee that everyone gets a pack-worth of hits.

basically the lower draft spots will get 2 auto's or relics (their choice) and it will still be better than going to your LCS and buying the one pack getting one auto, one relic and some base. i honestly thought that this format would be better than a team random, having opened cases of TTT before, it is common knowledge that there are some teams with nothing, and some teams have everything.
Im sure everyone favours either way. We'll never have absolute consensus. Maybe a vote on the next one?
Old 09-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #172 (permalink)

we will definitely be voting.

as far as next months crop of boxes, here are some options:

SPORTKINGS series C, D or E
ONYX Clubhouse collection- the one with game used batting gloves
2012 Museum Collection
2012 Tier One full case
2012 Five Star
Old 09-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #173 (permalink)

I prefer team draft. You get rush at the random and the break
Ebay store www.universitysportscards.com
pikeman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:57 AM   #174 (permalink)

so, the 1/2 CASE IS HERE!!! just got my greasy hands on it.

BREAK IS TONIGHT @ 8PM eastern

blogTV - You're Featured! Live streaming broadcasting platform, social networking and video chatting! username pits024

link will be posted in thread when i go live.

draft will be held as soon as possible, but not before i post a default list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman80 View Post
I prefer team draft. You get rush at the random and the break
i am down with that for sure! would be double the fun!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #175 (permalink)
Banned

1 last attempt.

Willing to trade my #8 spot plus a 2011 dylan Bundy auro ref/500 (Below) and maybe paypal cash for a top 2 spot