Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Group Case Breaks > Active/Full Group Case Breaks

Active/Full Group Case Breaks Filled breaks are moved here when ready to accept payments.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 10:44 AM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
charbs91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,579
Default

A Blake Taylor auto with a 9 auto in a $3000 product is a joke hahahaha
__________________
#TeamConnor

Currently on break from B/S/T until mid August, finishing exams for University.
charbs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #102 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charbs91 View Post
A Blake Taylor auto with a 9 auto in a $3000 product is a joke hahahaha
thats what im saying, follow that up with a garcia auto......really....seriously.
philhjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #103 (permalink)
Member
 
charbs91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,579
Default

So the Ripken comes with the 1/1 sketch?

Also anyone interested in trading up, would prefer to go down a pick or two and add a little Paypal, let me know or will pick in a bit.
__________________
#TeamConnor

Currently on break from B/S/T until mid August, finishing exams for University.
charbs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #104 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,965
Default

Ripken with the sketch

Yeah I couldn't tell who the sketch was because the name written on the side was really hard to make out. I thought about contacting someone but. Idk. Even on the box it says they hand pack them to get them as close to retail value of the box as possible. Don't know how this one passed.
__________________
SHSU Class 16' - Go Bearkats!
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies1960 View Post
Ripken with the sketch

Yeah I couldn't tell who the sketch was because the name written on the side was really hard to make out. I thought about contacting someone but. Idk. Even on the box it says they hand pack them to get them as close to retail value of the box as possible. Don't know how this one passed.
It wouldnt hurt, I sent an email as well. I think the more people to complain the better. The company knows that the product is geared and mostly for case breakers. If it gets bashed for poor boxes like this, then the integrity of the product for sure goes down. just my 2 cents......which is just slightly more then the blake taylor auto BTW.... LOL
philhjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhjr1 View Post
It wouldnt hurt, I sent an email as well. I think the more people to complain the better. The company knows that the product is geared and mostly for case breakers. If it gets bashed for poor boxes like this, then the integrity of the product for sure goes down. just my 2 cents......which is just slightly more then the blake taylor auto BTW.... LOL
Can you post there e mail? I have no issue bringing it to them also not expecting it to change anything but cant hurt
horton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:24 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Can you post there e mail? I have no issue bringing it to them also not expecting it to change anything but cant hurt

Email Us:
info@superbreaksports.com

Call Us:
310-530-5818
philhjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
kazmir114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 3,257
Default

Billy Hamilton Signed Bat
Mike Trout Signed Jersey "2012 ROY" CLAIMED BY MCGOO2
Clayton Kershaw Signed Ball
Frank Thomas "Big Hurt" Signed Ball
Cy Young Sketch
Jeter 1993 SP Foil Auto PSA 9 Auto Grade CLAIMED BY HORTON
Ripken 1991 Leaf Auto JSA Cert
Blake Taylor 2013 Bowman Draft Black Ref Auto 9.5/9
Mel Ott 1935 Diamond Stars PSA 5 CLAIMED BY COLTSNSOX07
Babe Ruth 2002 Fleer Bat Relic /25 BGS9
Avisail Garcia 2012 Bowman Chrome Ref Auto BGS 9.5/10
__________________
www.photobucket.com/kazmir114
BLOWOUT'S ADAM JONES SUPERCOLLECTOR!!
2013 Draft Auto Rainbow collector of Robert Kaminsky!
Owner of the Noah Syndergaard Superfractor Auto 1/1
kazmir114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #109 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 930
Default

This was the response I got.
Robert
watched the video. looks like the baseball box lids did pop open during shipping. will make sure to sticker seal those next time. that was not the first box that the silver sticker seals popped off during transit. we will find a different system next product. we have two boxes, outer and inner, so there is no possible tampering. thank you again for taking the time to point that out. we agree , our reputation is everything. we will continue to deliver great products to the hobby! thank you for your support. what item did you get?

over view of top three items

Derek jeter auto rookie sp psa 9 500-800 card, at least
mike trout auto inscripted jersey 400- item minimum.
mel ott diamond stars 5 we paid over 200 for.
horton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:27 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
This was the response I got.
Robert
watched the video. looks like the baseball box lids did pop open during shipping. will make sure to sticker seal those next time. that was not the first box that the silver sticker seals popped off during transit. we will find a different system next product. we have two boxes, outer and inner, so there is no possible tampering. thank you again for taking the time to point that out. we agree , our reputation is everything. we will continue to deliver great products to the hobby! thank you for your support. what item did you get?

over view of top three items

Derek jeter auto rookie sp psa 9 500-800 card, at least
mike trout auto inscripted jersey 400- item minimum.
mel ott diamond stars 5 we paid over 200 for.
so they admit its a $1400-$1500 box, cause the other 7 items are worth a total 300-400 max!
philhjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
This was the response I got.
Robert
watched the video. looks like the baseball box lids did pop open during shipping. will make sure to sticker seal those next time. that was not the first box that the silver sticker seals popped off during transit. we will find a different system next product. we have two boxes, outer and inner, so there is no possible tampering. thank you again for taking the time to point that out. we agree , our reputation is everything. we will continue to deliver great products to the hobby! thank you for your support. what item did you get?

over view of top three items

Derek jeter auto rookie sp psa 9 500-800 card, at least
mike trout auto inscripted jersey 400- item minimum.
mel ott diamond stars 5 we paid over 200 for.
so they base the box value on how much they pay for items?? So if they bought a Blake Taylor black refractor auto BGS 9.5 with a 9 auto for $1200, they would say the box at least has that value inside???
philhjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #112 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 930
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by philhjr1 View Post
so they base the box value on how much they pay for items?? So if they bought a Blake Taylor black refractor auto BGS 9.5 with a 9 auto for $1200, they would say the box at least has that value inside???
Pretty sure he inflated the prices as the Mel Ott sold for 122 and the only Trout jersey I could find sold for 150. My main cocnern other than having crappy hits was before the box got shipped out someone tampered with it after seeing the seals broke and the lids to the balls opened up, had not seen that on the other breaks have watched. Pretty sad that most likely only the first pick is going to recoup the buy in price but that is the gamble in the breaks
horton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #113 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
caflisch78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange County, Ca
Posts: 2,717
Default

Built it and they will buy....
__________________
Currently taking sign ups for the following breaks: July "Catalina Wine Mixer" 12 Box Mixed FB Group Break!
Total $ of group break wax ripped in 2014: $9,775
PC: Trout/other high end on card auto's
caflisch78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by horton View Post
Pretty sure he inflated the prices as the Mel Ott sold for 122 and the only Trout jersey I could find sold for 150. My main cocnern other than having crappy hits was before the box got shipped out someone tampered with it after seeing the seals broke and the lids to the balls opened up, had not seen that on the other breaks have watched. Pretty sad that most likely only the first pick is going to recoup the buy in price but that is the gamble in the breaks
I agree its what we sign up for in group breaks, but to have one 1 person make out a head is not good, not good at all. All of the other breaks i've seen on here/youtube and elsewhere usually 1-4 or some cases 5 people would make out with about the buy in price........oh well guess we got stuck with the ugly duckling case.
philhjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:06 PM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
charbs91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,579
Default

Ya only hit worth more than $300 was the Jeter.

The Ott was a smoke screen hit, using its age to make it seem sweet when it's not much more than $100.


Trout signed Jersey's can be had all over the place for less than 300.

Ruth bat, kershaw, Thomas ball. All cool hits but nothing to brag about in a 3K break.

Everything else, a joke.


Will make my pick in 10 minutes
__________________
#TeamConnor

Currently on break from B/S/T until mid August, finishing exams for University.
charbs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
charbs91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,579
Default

I'll take the Ruth Bat Card,

Mike
__________________
#TeamConnor

Currently on break from B/S/T until mid August, finishing exams for University.
charbs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:31 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 669
Default

I'll take the Frank Thomas inscribed ball. I'll PM next
philhjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,529
Default

I didn't know there were 'talking boxes' with huge hits. That would have been awesome!
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
charbs91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,579
Default

Never mind...
__________________
#TeamConnor

Currently on break from B/S/T until mid August, finishing exams for University.

Last edited by charbs91; 06-03-2014 at 03:42 PM.
charbs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
charbs91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,579
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
I didn't know there were 'talking boxes' with huge hits. That would have been awesome!
I was in a break that had a talking box and had the same jeter for a case hit as this one.
__________________
#TeamConnor

Currently on break from B/S/T until mid August, finishing exams for University.
charbs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
kazmir114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 3,257
Default

Billy Hamilton Signed Bat
Mike Trout Signed Jersey "2012 ROY" CLAIMED BY MCGOO2
Clayton Kershaw Signed Ball CLAIMED BY KAZMIR114
Frank Thomas "Big Hurt" Signed Ball CLAIMED BY PHILHJR1
Jeter 1993 SP Foil Auto PSA 9 Auto Grade CLAIMED BY HORTON
Ripken 1991 Leaf Auto JSA Cert with cy young sketch card
Blake Taylor 2013 Bowman Draft Black Ref Auto 9.5/9
Mel Ott 1935 Diamond Stars PSA 5 CLAIMED BY COLTSNSOX07
Babe Ruth 2002 Fleer Bat Relic /25 BGS9 CLAIMED BY CHARBS91
Avisail Garcia 2012 Bowman Chrome Ref Auto BGS 9.5/10
__________________
www.photobucket.com/kazmir114
BLOWOUT'S ADAM JONES SUPERCOLLECTOR!!
2013 Draft Auto Rainbow collector of Robert Kaminsky!
Owner of the Noah Syndergaard Superfractor Auto 1/1
kazmir114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
kazmir114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 3,257
Default

Kershaw ball here thanks
__________________
www.photobucket.com/kazmir114
BLOWOUT'S ADAM JONES SUPERCOLLECTOR!!
2013 Draft Auto Rainbow collector of Robert Kaminsky!
Owner of the Noah Syndergaard Superfractor Auto 1/1
kazmir114 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,555
Default

So sorry for those in this break. After seeing the breaks away from BO I realized they were front loading the product to get excitement built which is why I had to bow out.
__________________
http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/s383/baltimorecards/

Always looking for vintage graded cards
maculay75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:16 PM   #124 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
aggies1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,965
Default

That response was a joke. If they bought at the prices he said. Then is full out retail. You couldn't even resell it for that price. Sorry guys. It was the last boz blowout had. Maybe there was a reason.
__________________
SHSU Class 16' - Go Bearkats!
aggies1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #125 (permalink)
Dap
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 388
Default

I will take the Ripken as it fits in with my collection.
Dap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.