Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Auctions

Auctions Currently testing user created card auctions here at this time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

I will answer more questions tonight.

Let'sd end the posting phase of testing and see how these do on Sunday night.

I will be back in a few to answer more.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #77 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
well I had 2 questions, I see one is basically answered about splitting up the sections, that would be huge. here is my other question, if already asked and answered, sorry, stopped reading after page 2 for now, lol.

what about selling lots? do we absolutely have to have scans of back also, especially if we can do lots of just a few cards, all the way to boxes of base? LOL
Lots - not for this testing phase, but yes eventually.

Someone asked about memorabilia too and I think that will be ok as long as it is PSA/DNA, Beckett, or MLB/NBA/NFL (etc) certified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khouzza View Post
Can I start an auction? I'm from Australia
Yes, but we would need shipping with tracking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Can you make it like 2-3 auction per week?
We are still looking for the right balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake128387 View Post
Can the sellers ''bump'' an auction?
No. They may edit the op with answered questions, but a seller may never post in their auction outside of the op.
Old 11-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #78 (permalink)

Can we make it 2-3 auctions in a week in the future?
Looking for Marcus Semien.
Jake128387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:23 AM   #79 (permalink)

Can you bump a auction thread?

EDIT: NVM
Braswell10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #80 (permalink)

Just my 2 cents - I like the idea of 1 to 2 per person per week. Otherwise the more auctions get listed the faster old ones drop and you'll just get peoples friends posting $1 increments to "bump" auctions that are no where near ending price. If a card sells for $100 and has a bid of $25 on page 2 it isn't going to hurt to bid $26 to bump it up to the top. B/S/T is a joke because of all of the non essential posts bumping threads back to the top and at least with a limit in auctions it is less likely for a new auction to be on page 2 in an hour.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #81 (permalink)

When is cash accepted because right now it isnt accpeted
matvoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:48 PM   #82 (permalink)

Is it ok if scans are added as attachments/ thumbnails? I no longer use photobucket b/c it sucks and I can't paste pics from my hard drive.
Old 11-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #83 (permalink)

Couple questions....

Will brand new members or members with very few iTrader (say under 10) be allowed to post auctions? Will precautions be taken before allowing new members to post in an auction format? I am concerned for myself and other members that NARU'd members from eBay will bring their issues to this site.

Since Blowout is now basically hosting an auction house will they be liable for members being scammed in an auction? Say goods not delivered and/or not as described.

Lastly I certainly do hope the amount of auctions per member are kept limited. The Auction thread will become cluttered with tons of auctions the same as the B/S/T can become cluttered. Once an auction is buried a page back many will not see and/or look for it.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #84 (permalink)

Are we allowed to post our TTM autos for sale as well?

Also, can we auction off non card related items?
ToppsCollector1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...-psa-10-a.html

Auction Rules (please read before participating)

Not picking on Houdini, but I'll use his auction as an example. FYI I did read thru the auction rules and included the link above ^^^

1. Who knows who is on your Blocked list? And what happens if a "blocked bidder" wins the item (by accident)? Will the seller disallow the bid and give it to the under-bidder?

2. On the returns... For this particular graded card (see link above), what happens if the PSA holder is cracked or damaged in transit? Or any card in general gets damaged in the shipping process? There has to be some sort of return option don't you think? What happens if there is retaliatory feedback? Does a BLOWOUT employee or verified member get preferential treatment in the manipulation of their feedback? I can see a 10 feedback person being unhappy with a given transaction, and even if they are justified getting blasted out of the water by an older/senior member?

Again... not an attack. Just looking for clarification in this new BLOWOUT process. :turkey:
Based off #1, what's stopping someone who's having friends shill up an auction and then saying that the winning bidder was on their block list if they aren't okay with the price, and then their friend is the one who gets the second chance offer so they don't have to sell it?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #86 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

The answers I give are probably 99% accurate, but Blowout has the final say. Basically they said I could test this and see if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branesergen View Post
Just my 2 cents - I like the idea of 1 to 2 per person per week. Otherwise the more auctions get listed the faster old ones drop and you'll just get peoples friends posting $1 increments to "bump" auctions that are no where near ending price. If a card sells for $100 and has a bid of $25 on page 2 it isn't going to hurt to bid $26 to bump it up to the top. B/S/T is a joke because of all of the non essential posts bumping threads back to the top and at least with a limit in auctions it is less likely for a new auction to be on page 2 in an hour.
There are ways to keep all auctions on page 1 (maybe 2). Working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matvoo View Post
When is cash accepted because right now it isnt accpeted
Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprt80 View Post
Is it ok if scans are added as attachments/ thumbnails? I no longer use photobucket b/c it sucks and I can't paste pics from my hard drive.
You can add your scans in that way. I would recommend using "preview post" to grab the image link and using that to post the larger image straight into the auction. See the Hank Aaron listing for an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Couple questions....

Will brand new members or members with very few iTrader (say under 10) be allowed to post auctions? Will precautions be taken before allowing new members to post in an auction format? I am concerned for myself and other members that NARU'd members from eBay will bring their issues to this site.

Since Blowout is now basically hosting an auction house will they be liable for members being scammed in an auction? Say goods not delivered and/or not as described.

Lastly I certainly do hope the amount of auctions per member are kept limited. The Auction thread will become cluttered with tons of auctions the same as the B/S/T can become cluttered. Once an auction is buried a page back many will not see and/or look for it.
1 - Good question. BO is working on approved seller prerequisites. It will probably be a combination of join date/activity/itrader. It won't be too onerous though. As for bad sellers, I hope we can weed them out quickly.

2 - No. All payments will be protected by paypal though.

3 - We are already working on ways to keep the section organized and all auctions ending on a certain day will be kept at 1 page (perhaps 2 if we grow quickly). I would love to see a section where we have a page each of baseball, football, basketball, coins, comics, etc (action figures? gaming cards? Blowout auctions for wax?) ending each day.

Good sign: there are another 14 auctions in moderation that I didn't open yet. I am planning to add them to the next auction day - hopefully Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToppsCollector1 View Post
Are we allowed to post our TTM autos for sale as well?

Also, can we auction off non card related items?
Not unless authenticated.

No, not at this time.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #87 (permalink)

Ok one more easy one...

Is a non payment from a bidder negative iTrader worthy? Neutral worthy?

I figure answering this now will save Mods having to potentially remove/revise feedback down the road .
Old 11-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok one more easy one...

I figure answering this now will save Mods having to potentially remove/revise feedback down the road .
pretty sure its negative worthy since it ruins everyone else from buying it and seller from selling it. And the first offender should be banned from bidding for a month and punishment increase each offense.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
pretty sure its negative worthy since it ruins everyone else from buying it and seller from selling it. And the first offender should be banned from bidding for a month and punishment increase each offense.
Personally I feel negative worthy but in the past negatives for non payment in the B/S/T section have been revised for one reason or another. Considering there is a limit for now of 1 item a week I would be beyond angry if someone stiffed me.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #90 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Ok one more easy one...

I would leave a neg.

The great thing here is that there can be no confusion about if it's a deal, or price, or when to pay... for a mod to change a feedback there has to be some unanswered questions somewhere along the lines. (We never had a deal, I thought I could pay later, the pm was 3 days later, I thought I got both cards, I ship based on the lunar cycle...)
Old 12-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #91 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

If an item ends at 10:00pm, a 10:00pm post time stamp is ok. A 10:01 is not.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #92 (permalink)

I am uncertain about whether or not I will bid or sell thru this and do think there are some very legitimate concerns that have been raised.
That said...
Between convincing blowout management to give it a shot, setting up the formats, the rules, as well as answering questions as thoroughly as possible, I think it important to take a moment to thank Houdini for the time and effort involved. I also appreciate the outside the box creative thinking/problem solving aspect.

Kudos and thanks again, Houdini
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #93 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

When do you think you will be sorting auctions by ending day/time, that way people know when stuff is ending without opening every thread

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Jason Pierre-Paul, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
When do you think you will be sorting auctions by ending day/time, that way people know when stuff is ending without opening every thread
Yea allowing purple to sort by ending time is pretty important, alsmost forgot my own listing was ending last night and I'm sure people that weren't interested is not putting any timer alarm.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #95 (permalink)

Is it ok for a seller to update the op with the highest bid price? Also, my apologies for posting i thought I read somewhere where the seller could not touch to op. You know kinda like ebay once you get a bid.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #96 (permalink)

This is awesome, are you taking auctions for this next week?
Old 12-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #97 (permalink)

question i guess is which one of these are correct.
in this thread, this question was answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
So who is eligible to post an auction right now?

Everyone as it is just testing.

however, the auction rules thread says this.

2. Approved members may have 1 auction per week (for now). We are ironing out the details and need your patience so that we can get this right.
Collecting: Trey Ball (Everything), Deven Marrero (Everything), Xander Bogaerts (Everything), Daniel McGrath (Chrome Autos/Refractors), Ty Buttrey (Chrome Autos/Refractors), Rosevelt Colvin (Everything), Stevan Ridley (Auto's), Shane Vereen (Auto's), Bruins (Auto's) and anything else that catches my eye.
MrDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDUB View Post
question i guess is which one of these are correct.
in this thread, this question was answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
So who is eligible to post an auction right now?

Everyone as it is just testing.

however, the auction rules thread says this.

2. Approved members may have 1 auction per week (for now). We are ironing out the details and need your patience so that we can get this right.
Looks like anyone can post an auction, but they are currently individually being approved by a mod before going live.
theacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:46 AM   #99 (permalink)

Love this idea as a counter to Ebay.

Will Non Sports cards be eligible for auctions?
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #100 (permalink)

Alright, so I won an auction tonight. I recommend a more detailed description in the auction template. I won a 2011 Cam Newton Orange Refractor which I initially believed was numbered to /25. As such, it ended up being one of those rack pack parallels. With the vast number of parallel inserts in Bowman and Topps Chrome, is it possible to have a template where the card is described in more detail (Graded or Ungraded,Year,Manufacturer,Set,Parallel, serial#'d, etc.)? The auction itself just becomes more transparent.
Archangel1775 is offline   Reply With Quote