Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Auctions

Auctions Currently testing user created card auctions here at this time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #101 (permalink)

What is the expected time in getting an auction approved by a mod and will we receive notification when it does via pm?
Old 12-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel1775 View Post
Alright, so I won an auction tonight. I recommend a more detailed description in the auction template. I won a 2011 Cam Newton Orange Refractor which I initially believed was numbered to /25. As such, it ended up being one of those rack pack parallels. With the vast number of parallel inserts in Bowman and Topps Chrome, is it possible to have a template where the card is described in more detail (Graded or Ungraded,Year,Manufacturer,Set,Parallel, serial#'d, etc.)? The auction itself just becomes more transparent.
I must be missing something here, but wasn't there a scan of the front and back of the card that would have serial numbering shown on it? Why should the seller assume whether or not you already know that with the images provided? Sounds like you shouldnt assume and look at the scans a little closer next time.
MLB: '99 (51/53), '00 (91/133)
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #103 (permalink)

Entirely understood. Either way, it's a fair price. However,had another member not mentioned it, I may have bid it up to $150-$200. My point is this, it's not me I'm concerned about, it's the new hobbyists that come to this site and partake in these auctions. The last thing we need to do is turn them away when they realize using their wallet that red in Bowman baseball is different than red refractor in Bowman Draft, Orange Refractors in Topps Chrome baseball is different than Orange refractors in Bowman Chrome baseball and Cammie refractors in Topps Chrome football is different then Cammie refractors in Topps Chrome baseball. You get my point. Topps doesn't make it easy. This is a test and feedback is important. If this is truly going to compete with the eBay, then less surely isn't more.
Archangel1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:22 AM   #104 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Entirely understood. Either way, it's a fair price. However,had another member not mentioned it, I may have bid it up to $150-$200. My point is this, it's not me I'm concerned about, it's the new hobbyists that come to this site and partake in these auctions. The last thing we need to do is turn them away when they realize using their wallet that red in Bowman baseball is different than red refractor in Bowman Draft, Orange Refractors in Topps Chrome baseball is different than Orange refractors in Bowman Chrome baseball and Cammie refractors in Topps Chrome football is different then Cammie refractors in Topps Chrome baseball. You get my point. Topps doesn't make it easy. This is a test and feedback is important. If this is truly going to compete with the eBay, then less surely isn't more.
All good points, and I agree our B/O Auctions should be how us as collectors want it to be and not necessarily the same way ebay does theirs. I really hope this takes off.

I think you got a good deal btw on the Cam.
MLB: '99 (51/53), '00 (91/133)
bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #105 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
When do you think you will be sorting auctions by ending day/time, that way people know when stuff is ending without opening every thread
We are going to test having (up to) a full page of auctions end on the same day at the same time. That will eliminate the "sport" and "end time" questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducc View Post
Is it ok for a seller to update the op with the highest bid price? Also, my apologies for posting i thought I read somewhere where the seller could not touch to op. You know kinda like ebay once you get a bid.
No because you cannot keep it updated. That is why no commentary is allowed in the posts - just bids. You should be able to easily ascertain the high bid that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyshelf View Post
This is awesome, are you taking auctions for this next week?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectorMan View Post
Love this idea as a counter to Ebay.

Will Non Sports cards be eligible for auctions?
Yes

Quote:
Alright, so I won an auction tonight. I recommend a more detailed description in the auction template. I won a 2011 Cam Newton Orange Refractor which I initially believed was numbered to /25. As such, it ended up being one of those rack pack parallels. With the vast number of parallel inserts in Bowman and Topps Chrome, is it possible to have a template where the card is described in more detail (Graded or Ungraded,Year,Manufacturer,Set,Parallel, serial#'d, etc.)? The auction itself just becomes more transparent.
I think the buyer is expected to bid on the card presented. There was nothing misleading in that auction at all. There was a huge scan of the graded card and no serial numbering. Where would we draw the line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprt80 View Post
What is the expected time in getting an auction approved by a mod and will we receive notification when it does via pm?
Daily.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #106 (permalink)

Can you open up the RSS feeds for these forums?
Old 12-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post
I think the buyer is expected to bid on the card presented. There was nothing misleading in that auction at all. There was a huge scan of the graded card and no serial numbering. Where would we draw the line?
Could be as easy as saying the serial numbering has to be stated in print by the seller.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #108 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uberfatty View Post
Could be as easy as saying the serial numbering has to be stated in print by the seller.
And since there wasn't serial number, seller didn't say anything. The seller did nothing wrong. Everyone knows that Topps Chrome Orange Refractors are retail only in BOTH sports. That falls on the buyer, not seller, for not knowing what he was bidding on.
AllenWilliams87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenWilliams87 View Post
And since there wasn't serial number, seller didn't say anything. The seller did nothing wrong. Everyone knows that Topps Chrome Orange Refractors are retail only in BOTH sports. That falls on the buyer, not seller, for not knowing what he was bidding on.
I agree with this. Even the slab has the description. Look it up if you don't understand. I know if I see something I'm not familiar with I look it up. Especially when I buy Jordans as I am a 99% football guy (Only BKB I buy is Jordan). That's like seeing a red refractor from 2006 and thinking its numbered to 25 like they are today.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #110 (permalink)

Most people on this forum know who is friends with who...Are you at least going to implement a post count minimum or iTrader minimum to bid on these items, so people cannot make fake blowout accounts to outbid people out of spite and end up NOT paying. OR forum members cannot "Shill" their own auctions with fake names.
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #111 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
Most people on this forum know who is friends with who...Are you at least going to implement a post count minimum or iTrader minimum to bid on these items, so people cannot make fake blowout accounts to outbid people out of spite and end up NOT paying. OR forum members cannot "Shill" their own auctions with fake names.
post count minimum - no

fake blowout names get all accounts banned
Old 12-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #112 (permalink)

After my last auction, a bidder brought up that they had forgotten and missed a bid at the end of an auction. Can we do something as a reminder/countdown/ something like that? Is there a way to auto PM people who have posted in an auction thread (with option to opt in or out) Maybe something a bidder could subscribe to (other than just subscribing to the thread)? Just spitballin' here.
theacox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #113 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacox View Post
After my last auction, a bidder brought up that they had forgotten and missed a bid at the end of an auction. Can we do something as a reminder/countdown/ something like that? Is there a way to auto PM people who have posted in an auction thread (with option to opt in or out) Maybe something a bidder could subscribe to (other than just subscribing to the thread)? Just spitballin' here.
There was a notice running throughout the forum all day.

Even with all eBay's emails, people still miss end times too.

The best thing they can do is subscribe to the thread - that will get them an email if someone new bids/posts.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #114 (permalink)

I posted an auction but it doesnt show. Am I able to post auctions? Please pm me thank you
metsfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 PM   #115 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

Are the hockey and other sports auctions ever going to return?
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #116 (permalink)

Where can I find these auctions? I just see the threads in the marketplace for the ones ending today. Where are they found before they are added to the "one day" left subtopic?
mainelobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #117 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelobster View Post
Where can I find these auctions? I just see the threads in the marketplace for the ones ending today. Where are they found before they are added to the "one day" left subtopic?
They run all week:

Blowout Auctions! Ending tonight at 10pm EST (7pm PST)
Many auctions ending tonight from your fellow members - some incredible deals still available.

Baseball Auctions Ending Thursday at 10:00pm EST/7:00pm PST

Football Auctions Ending Thursday at 10:00pm EST/7:00pm PST

You can also post new auctions now for next week. Just post them straight into the different sport threads or post them in the general auctions section and a mod will approve & move them for you tomorrow. So far, there are already several auctions waiting to be posted.