Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Auctions

Auctions Currently testing user created card auctions here at this time.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 05:26 PM   #26 (permalink)

i like the idea of having it here, and to not have to deal with ebay if we dont want to, obviously at first there will be issues, but as time goes by, i have plenty of faith that it will smooth itself out and be a great place.

i guess the only thing i would want to see is maybe another mod added, that would strictly deal with the auctions, especially if there are alot of them. maybe, close the auctions the moment they are done, and what not.

if there isnt a large amount of auctions, i guess my above statement would not be necessary then.

thanks!
Collecting: Trey Ball (Everything), Deven Marrero (Everything), Xander Bogaerts (Everything), Daniel McGrath (Chrome Autos/Refractors), Ty Buttrey (Chrome Autos/Refractors), Rosevelt Colvin (Everything), Stevan Ridley (Auto's), Shane Vereen (Auto's), Bruins (Auto's) and anything else that catches my eye.
MrDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #27 (permalink)

I really like the idea and so far it's good. I haven't participated as I buy only pc which hasn't come up in that section but I have been watching it to see how it would run and it seems to run very well for a test version. I assume bugs are going to come up but I have faith that you all working at Blowout will be able to correct those things. But until that happens you guys have done a great job and keep up the good work!

P. S. I also really like how you all are really reaching out into the community for advice. It's great that we as a forum can work together to get this to work.
sportscards0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

I love the added sub-forums. It makes things a lot easier for the potential bidders.
I'm just curious how long there will be this mod approval for each listing. Is there anyway to have those with xxx number of completed auction listings skip this process or will it always be this way.
Generally I think it is a great substitute for feebay and I would love to see traffic pick up and replace it.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillovermyluck View Post
Well , I will bring up something that happened in my auction.

I had a bidder make a bid of $5 from the prior offer . this bidder was requesting me to ship out of country, when i clearly have only US .. The more i think about it the more it gets me steamed. Explanation : this is wrong , because i stated already in my rules - no . he bid up my auction intentionally , causing others to not even consider bidding due to price.. he in affect makes the prior bidder think he has not won .. he may have cost me a few dollars . i did not want to respond or bump my auction by posting . as this is against the rules..

One last thing.. i dont see anything in buyers rules - stating you will receive a negative i-trader if you do not pay .

One more thing.. I think making all the auctions end the same day should be done everytime.. i dont think 4 different end days works

Looking for 2010 Playoff Contenders Kevin Durant die-cut black /49
skillovermyluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

My insight...

Pros:
No Ebay Fees/Scammers
You can control who you sell to
Positive experience for the blowout cards community
Auctions wont be sniped as often
Format is basic and down to the point, nothing is hidden (Not Fancy)

Cons:
1 negitive iTrader unrelated to nonpaying can limit purchases
Overpriced cards can clutter and overshadow important auctions

Overall, I am THRILLED at the idea of auctions on blowout, and hope out community will be able to improve/enhance this idea over time without getting too fancy

Edit: Im not a fan of the 18 years of age rule...maybe you have to have 50+ 100% positive iTrader to post an auction or something?

Last edited by phillies347; 12-02-2013 at 06:57 PM.
phillies347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #31 (permalink)

Moving along well. I think this has very nice potential. I think this will be superb once traffic is generated.

this only thing i would like to see is a auction minimum at least for card or lot value. I don't want to see a base card up for a penny every week. Maybe a two and done rule. If it dosen't sell on the second time around you can't list that item anymore.

Last edited by ducc; 12-02-2013 at 07:03 PM.
ducc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #32 (permalink)

My first auction went well.

I politely pm'd the winner minutes after the auction and he promptly paid via paypal. Business as usual.

The one thing that I would love to see- and it probably takes a bunch of code or something- would be a ticker in the title header counting down to the end of each auction. It would take some work, but it would also probably allow the pages to be arranged by time ending instead of most recently updated.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to rednecksims

Seems like they went smoothly for the most part. I think more traffic will arrive with more auctions and time. Its a great start and something you can expand upon.

David
rednecksims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #34 (permalink)

Only thing I noticed that sucks as a buyer is that whatever you bid is what you pay. Example in the D Rose "I Spy" inscription auction the winnin bidder bid $75 I believe when the prior bid was only $52. So he could've really just sniped at $53 and won but instead lost out about $20. Now I'm no expert on BBall so maybe he did get a steal even at $75, anyway just my two cents.
Old 12-03-2013, 02:16 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
Only thing I noticed that sucks as a buyer is that whatever you bid is what you pay. Example in the D Rose "I Spy" inscription auction the winnin bidder bid $75 I believe when the prior bid was only $52. So he could've really just sniped at $53 and won but instead lost out about $20. Now I'm no expert on BBall so maybe he did get a steal even at $75, anyway just my two cents.
But it works as a seller and I'm a fan of that. Guy basically offered $75. Look at it that way.
AllenWilliams87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenWilliams87 View Post
But it works as a seller and I'm a fan of that. Guy basically offered $75. Look at it that way.
agreed it doesn't always have to be the cheapest possible , or only go up a dollar over last bid
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenWilliams87 View Post
I agree. It seems a better chance to get a fair price for the card. Not everyone has time to snipe, so as I see it, this bidder put what he would be happy paying and cut out a lot of the dollar raises and constantly checking on the auction.

The auctions seem to be running well. As it catches on more, it should add more traffic to the threads. I like the sub threads, and while I didn't like the idea of the same end times, it works. It would be really difficult to weed through auctions and risk missing an end time.

Hopefully lots of lower price cards can eventually be auctioned with "example" pics representing the items and/or some better cards pictured.

So far, so good!

Last edited by Gmrson; 12-03-2013 at 10:30 AM. Reason: added comments
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #38 (permalink)

I love it! The sub forums are great. Tho I did forget them Sunday nite as I was watching football
Old 12-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #39 (permalink)

One suggestion - Don't make them live if the seller didn't read the rules. If they get approved 1st that is. No scans of back in this auction and a bump as well lol No scans of the back should have been a reason to hold it back from going live.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/f...autograph.html
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

For the guy who was talking about the out of country buyer bidding him up , maybe the seller is responsible for reporting it to the mods and clearing the bids? Maybe a mod interjection in the thread to clear the bid and state a reason. This would prob be a pain for the mods but i think its doable. Personally I really wish there was a counter to countdown in the actual thread. However not being a tech guy im not sure how complex or simple it would be. Lots of good ideas above, im sure we can make this a success with ample policing and polishing.

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
hanes1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #41 (permalink)

Thank you for giving us another way to sell cards.

I personally think we should remove "reserve" auctions - every card should have to start at $1.00. This would eliminate cards that would just sit without activity do to a reserve price.

Also, I think limiting auctions to 1 or 2 pages (which right now isn't a problem) is a good thing. Even if a post falls to the bottom, its not a huge deal and still gets "exposure". Bumping by OP should remain illegal as its not really necessary anyway.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:33 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
How about you just do that you need to go 5 minutes without a bid to close. So if you end it at 9:00 scheduled and get a bid at 8:59 it will go until 9:04, and if you get another bid at 9:03 it will go until 9:08.
i like this idea, could cause bickering as stated , but could also start a bidding war which sellers would not complain about. There is going to be some unhappy people no matter what happens , we call them 10%ers!

Opening a new hobby shop soon northwest of Pittsburgh, check us out at luckylarryssportscards.com and Lucky Larry's Sports Cards on facebook!
hanes1111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

I enjoyed the experience and look forward to buying and selling in this section

Thanks

C

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #44 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

The age restrictions will stay in place. (I don't see this lifted ever.)

The end time will not be bumped 5 minutes after each bid. (Too much opportunity for abuse.)

Auction posting limits are lifted until we actually need them. (When we have too many auctions to fit on one page.)
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

its good

Are you doing the live stream tonight
padresfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:19 AM   #46 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pearljam_cubbies

What happens when you don't hear from the seller?
All Topps Heritage Cubs team sets
pearljam_cubbies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #47 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Just thinking, but wouldn't each auction section get more traffic if they were at the top of the forums? If not that, maybe have a sticky with each sport's auction section in each section of both the sports talk and B/S/T sections?
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #48 (permalink)

I love the idea. I would definitely participate. Looks like a better option than ebay and the seller is not always screwed because we all more or less know each other. I would like to see something along the lines of beginner auction forums for people with low itrader to build up trustworthiness along with a normal forum where people with 25+ 100% positive itrader.
rletlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearljam_cubbies View Post
What happens when you don't hear from the seller?
Same thing as the b/s/t section. Give them the weekend though if you can.

Send me a pm with the details and I will try and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Just thinking, but wouldn't each auction section get more traffic if they were at the top of the forums? If not that, maybe have a sticky with each sport's auction section in each section of both the sports talk and B/S/T sections?
Yeah, we are planning to move it at the end of the month. Just want to be sure that this is viable first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rletlow View Post
I love the idea. I would definitely participate. Looks like a better option than ebay and the seller is not always screwed because we all more or less know each other. I would like to see something along the lines of beginner auction forums for people with low itrader to build up trustworthiness along with a normal forum where people with 25+ 100% positive itrader.
I don't think BO will go for that. Trying to keep clutter down as much as possible and we have already added several sub-forums.
houdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #50 (permalink)

Are comics and TPBs allowed to be posted in the other auction sub-forums?
I don't see any reason for them not being allowed, but figured I'd ask first before I wasted my time trying to list something.
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote