Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kona12

with 40 autos or so in this set it wont be a suprise when the vast vast majority of case breaks will be significantly weak. i bought 4 cases this year but luckily i have sold them all.

GL highlander. wish you well on the rest of your breaks.

ebay: fishngolfguy
Kona12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

BC is so horrible, I have bought 0 so far. I'll just buy a couple singles here and there and wait for Draft..
AmericaLovesCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kona12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaLovesCrap View Post
BC is so horrible, I have bought 0 so far. I'll just buy a couple singles here and there and wait for Draft..
it really is. however, dont expet too much from draft. products are so watered down and thinned out with the number of autos that breaking has become almost pointless. we cant expect 2005 and 2006 to come around again. i wouldnt put it past topps to have 35-45 autos in the draft set. and who knows whats up with razor.

ebay: fishngolfguy
Kona12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona12 View Post
it really is. however, dont expet too much from draft. products are so watered down and thinned out with the number of autos that breaking has become almost pointless. we cant expect 2005 and 2006 to come around again. i wouldnt put it past topps to have 35-45 autos in the draft set. and who knows whats up with razor.
Yeah, the razor deals are totally killing BC products.. I'm not dedicated to a case of Draft yet, but I may buy a box or two of BC just out of sheer stupidity. I'm a collector, the buy-it-even-though-you-know-you're-not-gonna-get-squat gene is in my blood
AmericaLovesCrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

Box #10

Veteran/Rookie Refractors
Josh Beckett
Calix Crabbe
David Purcey
Jeff Kent
Jarrod Saltalamacchia

Veteran X-Fractor
Tom Gorzelanny 246/250

Prospect Refractor
Jhonny Nunez 17/500

Autograph
Jordan Zimmerman

I guess if I have to have a double autograph.....that's not a bad one.
Highlander23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to parsetdx Send a message via Yahoo to parsetdx

I used Microsoft Live to pick up a case. I couldn't resist. It brought the delivered price down to $45 per box for a 12-box case ($540 Total). I'm thinking I can still find value at that price, but the going rate of ~$750 is WAY too high. Thanks Microsoft (don't say that too often).
parsetdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #32 (permalink)

Box #11

Francisco Liriano
Orlando Hernandez
Aubrey Huff
Joe Blanton
JJ Hardy
BJ Upton

Autograph
Michael Watt

Hopefully there is a big one to end on.....
Old 08-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsetdx View Post
I used Microsoft Live to pick up a case. I couldn't resist. It brought the delivered price down to $45 per box for a 12-box case ($540 Total). I'm thinking I can still find value at that price, but the going rate of ~$750 is WAY too high. Thanks Microsoft (don't say that too often).
it should drop in price like a rock, those of you holding out for draft picks and prospects! save your money.
lsufan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 01:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

Box #12

Pat Burrell
Gil Meche
Phil Hughes
Albert Pujols
Kelly Johnson
Alex Gordon

Veteran Blue Refractor
Zack Greinke 130/150

Veteran Red Refractor- My first!
Yadier Molina 2/5 (kind of a let down, but I got excited seeing that flash of red!!)

Prospect Gold Refractor
Christian Marrero 3/50

Autograph
Angel Villalona Redemption

Well, I guess that qualifies as a big ending. I would have liked better players on some of the refractors.....especially that red one!! The Villalona helps make up for that.

Overall, I am pretty happy. I'm glad I used the Microsoft cashback thing for this case though!! I will say that collation on this case was MUCH better than last year. I only got 1 triple of the base cards and that was in the very lat pack. I didn't get a complete set, but last year I was getting 4 or 5 of some guys and non of a LOT. I haven't checked to see if I got all the prospects, but I know I got 4 or 5 of some of them. No doubles on any refractors either, which is always nice. I still only got 1 of the Fukudome "veterans" and 2 of the rookies.

Good luck to everyone else on your breaks! Most everything will be on eBay soon--thanks for looking!
Old 08-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

you'll be surprised at what the Molina will bring. start it at 99 cents tonight and let it run for 7 days..
Old 08-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #36 (permalink)

ya Yadier Molina sells exceptionally well...I bet you get over $100 for it

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 03:56 PM   #37 (permalink)

How much for the Michael Watt?
soxrchamps07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
ya Yadier Molina sells exceptionally well...I bet you get over $100 for it

That would be fantastic!! It seems to be getting some decent attention early on.....we'll see!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:09 PM   #39 (permalink)

I should have said that everything is on eBay already. I listed before I checked back here or checked my email, so sorry for people who were looking to get cards before I listed. I would have had a hard time determining prices as there have been very few sales so far to go by and I'm not sure what a lot of this "should" go for. Thanks for the interest though and check my auctions!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

just curious why you would list all the refractors individually that you got? You are going to get hammered on the fees for the ones that wont sell
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:26 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
just curious why you would list all the refractors individually that you got? You are going to get hammered on the fees for the ones that wont sell
If by hammered you mean $5.40, I guess you are right. I sold 36 of the refractors for about $42(not counting fees). The 36 I didn't sell cost me $5.40 in listing fees. I'll just relist them in a lot and take what I get--it should make up fot that money and more. I've tried listing things like this in lots from the start, but I don't ever end up doing as well as I think I should. Many people are looking or specific players or teams. I have found that so many cards like refractors and other parallels like that sell so strangely that it is hard not to list them separately. Sometimes you get hit, but many times you get surprised. For example, some of the cards that didn't sell were Matusuzaka, Alex Gordon, Alfonso Soriano, Miguel Cabrera, BJ Upton, and a Robinson Cano blue refractor. Some that did sell were Gil Meche, Eric Chavez, Felix Pie, Derek Lowe and the best-seller of all, Jim Edmonds!! There are some in the first group I would swear should have sold and some in the second group I almost didn't list.....you never know. If $5-10 makes or breaks me on a case--I shouldn't be doing a case!! A year or two ago I actually listed my Bowman blue parallels separately and I was stunned by how well some sold. I got $6-7 for a Frank Thomas......that paid for any listing fees of ones that didn't sell right there and then I sold a bunch more.

Actually I shouldn't have even done this case, as it was the autos and "good refractors" that hammered me. Other than Villalona they sold like CRAP! The prospect refractors weren't any better either. With the "cashback" option, I'll work out OK, but this was definitely a product that lived up to the negative hype......at least for me. This case is just payback for my BC case last year where I got a Joba auto, Lincecum refractor auto and Martinez XFractor auto!!