Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 08 Bowman Chrome... w/ X-fractor Question

This box was better than the first one that I opened. I got 6 red bordered refractors, 1 blue prospect refractor, a Fukudome Japan X-Fractor, and a Michael McCardell Auto X-Fractor Prospect. On both of the X-Fractors there is a line that runs from top to bottom. Is this just part of the X-Fractor pattern or is it damage from the printing? Any input would be appreciated Scans below.

38stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

After browsing X-fractors on the bay, it looks like the lines are just part of the design.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

They are not really part of the design. I believe they are called "refractor lines" and are more considered a "flaw" even though they are not a scratch or factory disfigurement. I'm not a grading proponent so I'm not sure if BGS or PSA will grade around it? The are prevalent in the X-fractor type cards.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The refractor lines used to be real bad in the past. what happens is that the pattern of the refractor only repeats so much and that line is where the pattern picks up again. It is not considered a factory defect. I know some people who were able to get them replaced in the past.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
The refractor lines used to be real bad in the past. what happens is that the pattern of the refractor only repeats so much and that line is where the pattern picks up again. It is not considered a factory defect. I know some people who were able to get them replaced in the past.
So do you think that if I send in my receipt and packs, Topps will replace the cards?
Old 09-05-2008, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The worst that would happen is they send them back to you. I tried sending back some off-center Chrome cards last year and they replaced the ones that they felt were bad and sent me back the others.
Just make sure that if you want to keep the cards tell them if they can't replace them to send them back and not try to replace them with something else.
ifish73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
The worst that would happen is they send them back to you. I tried sending back some off-center Chrome cards last year and they replaced the ones that they felt were bad and sent me back the others.
Just make sure that if you want to keep the cards tell them if they can't replace them to send them back and not try to replace them with something else.
Ok. Thanks!