Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2006 SP Legendary Cuts 1/2 case so far

SP'S: 130(550), 138(99), 147(550), 139(550), 121(550), 125(550), 126(550), 109(550)

Auto: Place in History Kirk Gibson #20/25

Cuts:
A Place in History Ray Schalk #32/37
When It Was A Game Joe Cronin #29/34

Also x3 Exquisite Redemptions

i think i did great so far. but should i rip the rest? i think i got all the major hits?

Thanks chris for the Case!!!
viperr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

If you've hit 2 cuts and 3 Exquisite Redemptions, I would definitely call it quits and sell off the rest.
Crash1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't mean to be the moral one here but are you going to sell the rest without mentioning that the big hits are gone?

To each their own but if I'm cracking a case and I hit the big card it's going to be very hard for me to sell the rest of the boxes knowing they are empty and not feel very dirty about it.
C&M Sports Memorabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

This is exactly why I only buy sealed cases of cards unless I'm buying boxes from Blowout.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to j_b_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
This is exactly why I only buy sealed cases of cards unless I'm buying boxes from Blowout.
True True.... I have a couple of instances where I just happened to find a person on the bay that was packing out Ultimate collection and actually hit the autos and other nice stuff. I also had a couple more where for some strange reason I bought packs of Ultimate collection where a seller was only selling 2 at a time......and for some strange reason, I never hit an auto from this sellers' packs.....hmmmmmm...I Will only buy individual boxes from Blow out now as well.
j_b_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&M Sports Memorabil View Post
I don't mean to be the moral one here but are you going to sell the rest without mentioning that the big hits are gone?

To each their own but if I'm cracking a case and I hit the big card it's going to be very hard for me to sell the rest of the boxes knowing they are empty and not feel very dirty about it.
it does feel wrong. i might rip the packs later. i didnt get any decent gu out of the packs so far. the best gu i got a stan the man bat #/225 bv $15.00. it would bother me if i sold a box and they get a ruth or gehig game used
viperr007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperr007 View Post
it would bother me if i sold a box and they get a ruth or gehig game used
It should bother you more if you sold a box and they got nothing because you already pulled all the hits. Just my opinion though.
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Viper, I don't know how old you are but take it from me (47 y/o) that the scum that has made this hobby into a low life business are the reason that we are in this mess to start with. I'll try and not get on my high horse but not too many people trust others in this hobby and one of the reasons is because of what you are thinking of doing. We all want to make a $ but it is more important to me to have people know that I am honest and that drives them back to my table.

We don't have enough "good guys" in this hobby anymore and I sure hope you would want to join us and not the "dark side".
C&M Sports Memorabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to j_b_77

Quote:
We don't have enough "good guys" in this hobby anymore and I sure hope you would want to join us and not the "dark side".
Step toward the light....No but seriously, I have unopened material put away right now. If I started to do shady stuff like case sifting, how much can I count on my unopened material really being worth when I finally sell?
j_b_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Ya don't do it. I know I get to afford a box maybe 1 time every few months, cheap one at that. It would make me sick knowing whoever I am buying off does this.
hexthem4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 03:07 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just rip the remaining boxes and hope for some good game used cards and maybe a retired star's autograph like Nolan Ryan... But don't sell them. There is nothing to gain by being borderline dishonest, or in my eyes all the way dishonest on this deal. It's just not worth it.
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 08:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

Boxes sell at a discount on eBay because it is assumed the case hit is gone.

I don't sell boxes on eBay often, and when I do, its by dumb luck that I got it and its probably a few years old. If I buy on eBay, I pay the discounted price knowing the case hit is gone and at the same time if I get something good, nice, otherwise, I knew what I was buying.
frozenntimesports is online now   Reply With Quote