Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 6 case topps updates/highlights break...

First let me whine for a moment...
Every time I bust 5-25 cases of a product, I never have hit the big pulls, then I see some guy open 1 pack/1 box, or even a few, and BAM! Sheer odds over the past 7 years (I have busted nearly 1,800 cases past 7 years), you think some nice 1/1, cut autos, etc...

Now, I do not want to be greedy, since if they are not high-end I turn profits, especially Topps brands...and it's not that I want to make more than $5k on 8 cases of A&G...I am not asking for more return, BUT would like to see odds play out...it's as if the good cases get shipped to certain places in hobby stores...

Saying this...I see guys on beckett opening one box and hitting...
MANTLE BAT /7, 1/1 AUTOS OF GENERATION NOW, ELLISBURY CARDS, JOBA REVERSE NEG, etc etc...

6 jumbo cases, nada...I will make VERY good on these cases, in fact the last case yielded my only 2 good autos, REAL GOOD!!! PUJOLS & HOWARD...
Plus, we hit 6 1/1 printing plates last 3 cases, 0 the first 3, but they were 1 per case odds...

anyways, it's a great product, and i hope to bust more
i just continue to laugh when i bust so much, and don't hit a big or rare card, OR I hit the 1:10,000 pack card and it's MATT HOLLIDAY & ALEX RIOS DUAL JERSEY #/25...sells for $20...

I LOVE THIS HOBBY, AND BUSINESS, AND IT WEREN'T FOR TOPPS, WE'D ALL BE OUT ON THE STREETS, LOL

even with ebay fees, ebay buyers, paypal buyer complaints, lost shipping, damaged cards, higher postage, the time it all takes...it is still fun, BUT not every week, this year I do products (topps only) about every 2 months, and it's been great, even though NOVEMBER is jammed packed, and I have to bust close to 40 cases...LET THE RIPPING BEGIN!!!
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

I busted a Jumbo Box this evening i listed the better pulls below

Posada Stiches
Reyes Stitches
Sabathia Autograph
Wright Copper
Kim Copper
Jeter Green Plate 1/1
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

B & B -

You are so due for a HUGE hit!!!!

I hate when I bust a few cases and dont get that "Big" hit. Then I go to the shop and some guy buys a pack or a box...Umm..."is a Deker Jeter 1/1 auto any good?" Kills me. I think a lot of us a soooooo due.

BB

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

In my short case breaking career of 3 years I would have to say I have been fairly unlucky. I did pull a superfractor auto last year out of Bowman Draft but it was of Kasey Kiker and only brought $600. That is a once in a lifetime pull and I got one of the worst pulls I could get. I have had no luck this year on anything except Tristar Prospect Plus way back in January. 10 case Bowman Chrome break and not one auto that sold for more than $200!
scottiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

scott how much $$$ did you end up down on the BC cases then this year?
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

I couldn't agree more about Topps keeping us afloat. I used to hate base Topps cards (until I started opening cases). There is so much value there, even if you don't hit that one monster card.
corjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill22 View Post
I busted a Jumbo Box this evening i listed the better pulls below

Posada Stiches
Reyes Stitches
Sabathia Autograph
Wright Copper
Kim Copper
Jeter Green Plate 1/1
That was a pretty good box! I Know You'll profit from it. You Pulled an extra stitches card, a david wright copper & a Jeter Printing Plate! Emphasis On The Jeter Printing Plate Which Will Sell For More Than The Box On EBay. Also, 2007 Topps Cards Are Selling Really Well Right Now, including those copper cards. I see no reason why you would get anything less than $25 For The Wright Copper Card. (I sold a Prince Fielder that ended at $35) My Sabathia Auto Auction Just Ended At Roughly $20. The Reyes Stitches will more than likely sell a little above $10.

This Year Topps Update Has Been Doing Very Well For Me. I've Profited From My Initial 2 HTA Cases and working on a couple more now. My profit hasn't been from any big 'hits' either. My first case hit was a Mickey Mantle Relic and my second was an Alex Rios Patch. Neither auctions have ended yet so I'll be pulling in more $ You Can make good money by putting together lots of otherwise useless insert cards. The gold/copper parallels are doing great-in lots or just selling singles. I Haven't sold A Set for any less than $25 and I usually pull about 4 per case.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Topps has been pretty good to me over the years. Never a pull over $300 but I can't complain as I usually make money on their products.

Here are my top pulls the last 4 years.

1. 2007 Bowman Chrome Tim Lincecum Blue Auto $300
2. 2007 Bowman Justin Ruggiano Base Superfractor $290
3. 2006 A&G Wang Auto $275
4. 2006 A&G Ripken Plate $200
5. 2006 A&G AROD Plate $200
6. 2007 Topps Heritage Don Zimmer Red Auto $200
7. 2007 Bowman Chrome Joba Auto $200 (listed day 1)
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebjeb1 View Post
Topps has been pretty good to me over the years. Never a pull over $300 but I can't complain as I usually make money on their products.

Here are my top pulls the last 4 years.

1. 2007 Bowman Chrome Tim Lincecum Blue Auto $300
2. 2007 Bowman Justin Ruggiano Base Superfractor $290
3. 2006 A&G Wang Auto $275
4. 2006 A&G Ripken Plate $200
5. 2006 A&G AROD Plate $200
6. 2007 Topps Heritage Don Zimmer Red Auto $200
7. 2007 Bowman Chrome Joba Auto $200 (listed day 1)
Jeb,

Those are some pretty good pulls! Congrats!
38stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38stud View Post
Jeb,

Those are some pretty good pulls! Congrats!
I buy a lot of product so it is hard to tell if this is beating the odds or not. I think this post really shows that for every $500 card, Topps is printing millions of cards to fill those packs.
jebjeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

I agree...if it wasn't for Topps I wouldn't bust anything. I always bust 1 case of Series 1 and 2 and 1 case of the Updates and Highlights. I'm not making a killing but I always make a profit even without the big hit. The inserts and parallels plus the base sets are always good sellers. In my Jumbo case of Topps Update I did hit a Joba reverse negative and 2 Poley Walnuts cards (sold 1 for $60 Buy it Now). However I only pulled 2 auto's from the 6 box case...thought they were 1 per box? I was curious about something though-were the box toppers included in both hobby and jumbo? I thought they were hobby only but each of my 6 boxes of jumbos had the box toppers.
MDCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottiff View Post
10 case Bowman Chrome break and not one auto that sold for more than $200!
You'll probably hate me for saying this....but I bought 4 packs of BC a month or so after it released (the only packs I've gotten of that too)and pulled a Henry Sosa auto 1/25 that sold for $230!! At first I was bummed when I saw who it was of, but that all went away when it sold for that much!
swish54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCook View Post
I agree...if it wasn't for Topps I wouldn't bust anything. I always bust 1 case of Series 1 and 2 and 1 case of the Updates and Highlights. I'm not making a killing but I always make a profit even without the big hit. The inserts and parallels plus the base sets are always good sellers. In my Jumbo case of Topps Update I did hit a Joba reverse negative and 2 Poley Walnuts cards (sold 1 for $60 Buy it Now). However I only pulled 2 auto's from the 6 box case...thought they were 1 per box? I was curious about something though-were the box toppers included in both hobby and jumbo? I thought they were hobby only but each of my 6 boxes of jumbos had the box toppers.
I'll Take A Joba Chamberlain Reverse Negative Over A Few Missing Autos (With Exceptions of Group A Autos) But It Does Sucks That You Only Pulled 2 Autos. The Box Itself Claims An Auto & Relic Per Box & In My Opinion The Auto Per Box (Along With The Infamous Copper Parallels) Is The Reason For Buying The HTA Boxes Versus The 36-Pack Hobby Boxes. 2 Cases Of The 36-Pack Hobby Boxes Yielded No Autos. Not That I'm Complaining, I Profited Very Well From Them. I Bought Jumbo Cases Specifically For Autos (And Coppers)
Also...
HTA & Jumbo Both Yield The Rookie Chrome Refractor Box Toppers.

Have 3 Jumbo Cases Coming In Wednesday From Blowoutcards & Crossing My Fingers For That Ellsbury Ultra Short Print Or Some Specific Group A Autographs: A-Rod/Pujols/Ryan Howard

Best Topps Pull
2006 Bowman Chrome Draft Clayton Kershaw Superfractor 1/1 Auto $1400

Last edited by death2redemptions; 11-14-2007 at 01:11 PM.
death2redemptions is offline   Reply With Quote