Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2007, 04:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

probably..
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

I think I have 48 au's, however the ones I did not list are not worth the paper they are printed on, like the Perez, where I decided to stop and not waste any more of my time on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
i don't remember getting any checklists in packs.......... hmm? anyway, i count 41 total autos that you posted..... how the he** did you pull 42 out of 24 boxes and then say that you can't imagine a worse break?

1 Hodges Xfractor
2 Towles base
Justin Reed Blue
Brad Lincoln Blue
Kevin Mulvey X
Chad Rogers X
Chris Coghlan X
Chad Rogers Ref
Josh Rodriguez Ref
Greg Reynolds Ref
Justin Reed Au
Will Venable Au
Kevin Mulvey Au
Chad Rogers Au
Chris Coghlan Au
Jeremy Paplebon Au
Cedric Hunter Au
Fernando Martinez Au
Cesar Nicolas Au
Mark Hamilton Au
2 Luke Hochevar Au's
2 Hunter base auto's and a refractor
hochevar X and 2 Base
J. Rod base Au
DeJesus Au
Mulvey Au
Cahill Au
Joba Au
Greg reynolds Au
Pence Au
Mark Hamilton Blue Au
Peter Bourjos Ref
Jeremy Paplebon X
Chris Coghlan X
Betances Au
Perez Au

Last edited by LuckBoxCa420; 11-04-2007 at 04:59 PM.
LuckBoxCa420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
probably..

Yep, shouldnt have opened any more packs after the first 3 card pack and just shoved this case up Topps. I guess I kinda figured I would eventually come acoss something that made the case worth opening, and taking the night off to rip the damn thing.
Just to add insult to injury, I have also lost all the Yankee collectors on the Arod stuff I pulled. Intead of a few bucks, I may only get a couple. Thats the last straw!

Last edited by LuckBoxCa420; 11-04-2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:07 PM   #29 (permalink)

you win some you lose some
Old 11-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

LunchBox, I think you should go get some sleep!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
LunchBox, I think you should go get some sleep!
Normaly Id get mad when someone purposly calls me by any name other than my own. You get a pass, since I am no longer Luck-Anything and this is an online forum.

For those who question that I may not be telling the truth... I am located in Los Angeles, there has to be a few of you out here. I will come to you and show you this Mess, you will have the privilage to open the 1 card mystery packs! we can share the profit on the checklists if they are indeed more checklists, Since I obviously got every single one, we have a lock on the market!

PS, I still have 4 boxes from 04 to open. They just may put me over the edge. Wish me luck, this may be the one that breaks me, or breaks me even on the Bowman Chrap

Last edited by LuckBoxCa420; 11-04-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

lol, I honestly thought your name was LunchBox. I guess next time I better take the time to actually read it. My mistake!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
lol, I honestly thought your name was LunchBox. I guess next time I better take the time to actually read it. My mistake!
Yea, it cant possibly be LuckBox right? I dont blame you. Can I change my user name?
Also, a few of the people who responded didnt read the thread they responded to. Im sure you get the pass I am not LuckBox,I think the term is LuckStruck? Snake Bit?

Last edited by LuckBoxCa420; 11-04-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #34 (permalink)

maybe you got all the checklists that i was missing....... lol.

when chrome was first released, those autos would have sold for a decent amount.

right now, that break may look bad, but some of those autos have Big potential. Lincoln, Towels (got the call at the end of the season and looked REALY good), FMart, Reynolds, Hamilton, Mulvey, Coghlan & Cedric Hunter will most likely be huge in a couple of years. (if you don't need to sell and can hod onto them). what types of parallels did you get for the prospects? if i remember.... G. Hernandez, Cueto, Hunter, Locke, and a few others bring some decent money.

call Topps, they should fix the mistake. just remember to save all your boxes and empty packs.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
maybe you got all the checklists that i was missing....... lol.

when chrome was first released, those autos would have sold for a decent amount.

right now, that break may look bad, but some of those autos have Big potential. Lincoln, Towels (got the call at the end of the season and looked REALY good), FMart, Reynolds, Hamilton, Mulvey, Coghlan & Cedric Hunter will most likely be huge in a couple of years. (if you don't need to sell and can hod onto them). what types of parallels did you get for the prospects? if i remember.... G. Hernandez, Cueto, Hunter, Locke, and a few others bring some decent money.

call Topps, they should fix the mistake. just remember to save all your boxes and empty packs.
I think I have all that you mentioned.I Think Im close on the base refractor set. That should recoup some, depending when I sell it, and if its ever finished. I see max potential of any of the non refractors as not worth my time and hassle of dealing on Ebay. I quit Ebay, and have stopped concidering low ball offers on Naxcom. So Im sure Ill be stuck with the majority for 2 long. 4 cases 0 total base sets....0 total base sets!Nice way to suck the money in Topps, love the distribution of refractors. I thinks it was a great idea for thir company to stick 1 case full of the same players stuff.
I wanted 2 flip as soon as the guys got called up, but I figured I would get some decent priced stuff right now to recoup part of my invesment. So far 4 cases, biggest pull was 1st box Auto. I pulled a Joba. Sold that same day on Ebay, guy didnt pay....Card dropped 50% or so by the time next listing ended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, sleep time, I will list the other 07 Chrome stuff besides autos later.

Last edited by LuckBoxCa420; 11-04-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:41 PM   #36 (permalink)

you could put all your checklists in a lot and sell them on eBay...might bring in some dough haha
Old 11-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
you could put all your checklists in a lot and sell them on eBay...might bring in some dough haha

I must have a lock on the market. Theres atleast 1 per every 3-4 packs or so...
Wait, I was getting 3 card packs before I even realized I was getting 3 card packs because of my big hits on the CheckLists. Yippie Skip.
F Me

Last edited by LuckBoxCa420; 11-03-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #38 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about your terrible luck kinda makes my case of 2006 bowman jumbo football not so bad. I've got a lot of 2006 Bowman and Chrome left from last year so last night I decided to go ahead and start busting them the first case of bowman jumbo had about 60% having one corner bent making them about worthless. I doubt that I will open anymore.
iam4car3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:08 AM   #39 (permalink)

hobby deffinatly has the check lists... i have like 6 from my box. also, my box was missing the boxloaders. i got it at a local store though, through diamond. seems like topps has been having a lot of problems with not getting what's advertised in a box. still better than sucker deck though.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #40 (permalink)

topps is horrible...I still laugh when I remember what happened last year with the 2006 topps chrome football retail blaster boxes that someguy bought a whole bunch of then resealed and sent back to topps to redistribute....they need to do a better job
Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 AM   #41 (permalink)

I opened 12 hobby cases of Bowman Chrome. There are no top loaders other than the scouting reports. The sell sheet said the Arod cards would be box loaders but they were in packs inserted one per box. The checklists were in packs and were extra cards of course. So packs with checklists should have had 5 cards counting the checklist.
scottiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 02:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

I thought you meant the scouting report. Yes, the checklists are inserted at some unknown rate, although it sounds like 1:3. You definitely get more than you need. I wish they would make them part of the set. I always forget to send them when I send sets out.

"LunchBox?" What a bunch of baloney.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:46 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
topps is horrible...I still laugh when I remember what happened last year with the 2006 topps chrome football retail blaster boxes that someguy bought a whole bunch of then resealed and sent back to topps to redistribute....they need to do a better job
that happened to me here with BDP. they shoved random junk cards in, recelophaned it, and took them back to wally world. then i got accused of trying to rip off wally world when i tried to return them. that was way to much of a hastle and a pain in the ass. took me over an hour just to get a blaster.
andrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #44 (permalink)

I think it happens alot actually...I remember I got a blaster box of 2007 topps chrome baseball and the wrapping on the outside of the box didnt have the topps logo's on it...even worse there wasnt 1 parallel in the whole box, when there should have been 1 in every pack haha
Old 11-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #45 (permalink)
Banned

How long would it have taken to some to reseal an entire case? Could it be done without being obvious? I didnt notice anything stange looking about anything. Just the weight of the packs.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Default Topps Responds

Response from Topps was to switch products. Not kidding. Thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #47 (permalink)

hell thats why I dont buy topps crap...they dont care about their customers, and I dont care to give them my time or money
Old 11-06-2007, 12:25 AM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Default FTopps

Last time for me. Cant believe they are gona screw me like this.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #49 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Luck, did you end up being short any autos?
Old 11-06-2007, 12:36 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Default That depends

Do you call getting the same auto 2 or 3 times being shorted? But yes, I only counted 22 including the redemptions after all was said and done. If there is an auto in one of those packs it will just be someone I already have 2 of... FTopps. They dont care about the money I just lost. As long as they dont have to do their job or hear how bad they are doing their job from some lowley customer of theirs!