Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default MAILDAY!!! I'm 7 years old all over again!!


Last edited by jrodlc08; 01-27-2012 at 02:16 PM.
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

here we go

Last edited by jrodlc08; 01-27-2012 at 02:15 PM.
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 646
Default

i dont see anything!
NWOWOLFPACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOWOLFPACK View Post
i dont see anything!
now, all fixed
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
craines27mc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Fairfax, VA
Posts: 1,319
Default

LMK how many Griffey's total you get. I have an opportunity to buy some UD boxes and I'm wondering the ratio.
__________________
@RainesBrothers-Follow me on Twitter!
craines27mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
gritt81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 1,055
Default

That Griffey looks really good, I would grade that one.
gritt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 646
Default

I'd like to know too! Thanks for sharing. I always appreciate a good mailday thread!
NWOWOLFPACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Plain City, OH
Posts: 422
Default

you have to be very careful in buying 89 upper deck wax. all the cards run in number order from pack to pack and can be "searched" easily to remove the 1st card (Griffey)
boffo13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

BOX #1------>>

jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 488
Default

Very nice box. I've been wanting to rip some of this. I think you've inspired me to order some.
muchotix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchotix View Post
Very nice box. I've been wanting to rip some of this. I think you've inspired me to order some.
got mine from blowout
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
SethMurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cambridge Springs/Erie, PA
Posts: 10,038
Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchotix View Post
Very nice box. I've been wanting to rip some of this. I think you've inspired me to order some.
at least you will stay warm this winter with all of the .01 base cards you can turn into a bonfire
__________________
http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Seth_Murphy/

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
peafour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wilmette, IL
Posts: 810
Default

Was it 89 that had some super rare error card in it? Or am I misremembering? Nolan Ryan, maybe?
__________________
Always looking for low # Eric Young Jr and Andrew Cashner cards!
peafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
at least you will stay warm this winter with all of the .01 base cards you can turn into a bonfire
paid $60 for 2 Griffey's, a randy johnson rk and a few other decent hits... sounds like $$$ very well spent homes!

I'm going to use the base to build sets, I have every topps set since '79 and 12 UD sets
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
Was it 89 that had some super rare error card in it? Or am I misremembering? Nolan Ryan, maybe?
PRISTINE BGS 10 1989 UPPER DECK DALE MURPHY REVERSE NEGATIVE #357A FREE SHIPPING | eBay
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:30 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
GoTribe!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 2,806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peafour View Post
Was it 89 that had some super rare error card in it? Or am I misremembering? Nolan Ryan, maybe?
Dale Murphy reverse negative.
GoTribe!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
peafour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Wilmette, IL
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTribe!!! View Post
Dale Murphy reverse negative.
Got it, thanks guys. I really want to do this, but I don't have any more room for base, lol.
__________________
Always looking for low # Eric Young Jr and Andrew Cashner cards!
peafour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Posts: 545
Default

Nice job on your 1st box. I got hosed on my 3 boxes only pulling 1 Junior.
__________________
Looking For - Juan Nicasio:
- Bowman 2011 - BP46 Yellow & Cyan Plate - Red 1/1
- Bowman 2011 - Chrome - BCP46 Black & Magenta Plate - Superfractor 1/1
- Bowman 2011 - International - BP46 Yellow, Black & Magenta Plate
Jhollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhollywood View Post
Nice job on your 1st box. I got hosed on my 3 boxes only pulling 1 Junior.
wow, I hope I didn't open the golden box already!

I bought these for a specific reason. My Dad's 50th birthday is next month and I am going to give him 2 of these.

When I was 7 years old, me and the old man would hit the LCS after baseball practice (he was my coach as well) and we were always buying single packs of 89 UD in search of the storied Griffey rookie.

One night in particular my old man shocked me and bought an entire box of 89 UD wax and I can remember this like it was yesterday. We sat in his '82 Corolla in the driveway of our house (so mom wouldn't see that he had bought an entire box!) and we opened up every pack with each other.... and we didn't hit a single Griffey.

So, with his 50th next month, I saw a thread about a guy who had purchased an 89 box of wax from blowout and it reminded me of the time I shared with my old man. So I quickly hopped over to Blowouts site and snagged the 3 boxes you see above.

And on my Dad's birthday, I plan on telling him to come out to the driveway and get in the car with me... and I will give him the 2 boxes and together we will break them, just like we did over 20 years ago.

So my point, I hope like hell I didn't ruin the moment by hitting the only Griffey's in the box I opened!!! Oh well, even if we don't hit one, I guess it will be fitting since we didn't on that night back in '89. Just making memories with Pop's is worth it.

You guys don't forget that that's what this is really all about anyway. I get caught up trying to make a buck from time to time too with this stuff!
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
The Chad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 1,344
Default

Great idea man! That's cool
__________________
I collect everything from pre-war vintage to modern day prospects, whatever I am feeling that day/week/month!
My Bucket: http://photobucket.com/thechadstarlincastro
The Chad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
WhacksPacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,819
Default

Quote:
wow, I hope I didn't open the golden box already!

I bought these for a specific reason. My Dad's 50th birthday is next month and I am going to give him 2 of these.

When I was 7 years old, me and the old man would hit the LCS after baseball practice (he was my coach as well) and we were always buying single packs of 89 UD in search of the storied Griffey rookie.

One night in particular my old man shocked me and bought an entire box of 89 UD wax and I can remember this like it was yesterday. We sat in his '82 Corolla in the driveway of our house (so mom wouldn't see that he had bought an entire box!) and we opened up every pack with each other.... and we didn't hit a single Griffey.

So, with his 50th next month, I saw a thread about a guy who had purchased an 89 box of wax from blowout and it reminded me of the time I shared with my old man. So I quickly hopped over to Blowouts site and snagged the 3 boxes you see above.

And on my Dad's birthday, I plan on telling him to come out to the driveway and get in the car with me... and I will give him the 2 boxes and together we will break them, just like we did over 20 years ago.

So my point, I hope like hell I didn't ruin the moment by hitting the only Griffey's in the box I opened!!! Oh well, even if we don't hit one, I guess it will be fitting since we didn't on that night back in '89. Just making memories with Pop's is worth it.

You guys don't forget that that's what this is really all about anyway. I get caught up trying to make a buck from time to time too with this stuff!
^
You get it...
__________________
Andrelton Simmons Master Rainbow
http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg482/WhacksPacks/
Superfractors.com and .net Domains are 4 sale! PM Me!
WhacksPacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhacksPacks View Post
^
You get it...
I hope so... I'll report back and let you guys know how it goes
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Sushiyoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,811
Default

Reseal one of them and put in one of the other boxes?
hehe
Sushiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
jrodlc08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiyoshi View Post
Reseal one of them and put in one of the other boxes?
hehe
ha, you know, I thought the same thing!
jrodlc08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.