Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2011 Prime Cuts 1-box break + review. Still bleeding!

As you've seen with other breaks, there are only going to be a few that are even considered decent. This....is not one of them. Not sure what I'm doing with them yet.

Base - David Freese (59/99)

Game-Used Bat Century Parallel - Alex Rodriguez (04/49)

Icons Dual Jersey - Phil Niekro (one dark blue, one light blue; 09/25)

Prospect Sticker Auto - Matt Barnes (blue ink; 270/299)

Draft Pick On-Card Auto - Dylan Bundy (blue ink; 189/249)

Prospect Sticker Auto Parallel - Granden Goetzman (blue ink; 10/25)

So....yeah. I was well aware of what I was getting myself into, as I had pre-ordered the back in early March. After release, I knew the average case provided quite a few prospect autos, but I didn't think every f'n card in my box would be a prospect auto. The Bundy is decent, but that's all that I can say about the quality of the quantity. Getting a 6th card when the box says five isn't always a positive.

The tiny slivers of jersey and bat are rather pathetic. I kind of like the design; I don't mind the "Professional Baseball Player/Club" statements on the front - I think it's kind of a throwback to how players and teams were referenced many decades ago. But, I wish I received more than one "insert" type. The Niekro card isn't even prime, but low-numbered (which makes little difference). The ARod is "Century" but numbered to 49 - that makes no sense whatsoever.

But, as with a few other comments I've read, Panini has lost this customer also. It has nothing to do with return - it's based upon what was on the sell sheet versus the prospect-laden box I received. The sell sheet made no mention of prospects and the checklist wasn't added until well after pre-order. But, I do believe part of that is my fault, however, I had thought this product would go up before release.

Oh, well!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
As you've seen with other breaks, there are only going to be a few that are even considered decent. This....is not one of them. Not sure what I'm doing with them yet.

Base - David Freese (59/99)

Game-Used Bat Century Parallel - Alex Rodriguez (04/49)

Icons Dual Jersey - Phil Niekro (one dark blue, one light blue; 09/25)

Prospect Sticker Auto - Matt Barnes (blue ink; 270/299)

Draft Pick On-Card Auto - Dylan Bundy (blue ink; 189/249)

Prospect Sticker Auto Parallel - Granden Goetzman (blue ink; 10/25)

So....yeah. I was well aware of what I was getting myself into, as I had pre-ordered the back in early March. After release, I knew the average case provided quite a few prospect autos, but I didn't think every f'n card in my box would be a prospect auto. The Bundy is decent, but that's all that I can say about the quality of the quantity. Getting a 6th card when the box says five isn't always a positive.

The tiny slivers of jersey and bat are rather pathetic. I kind of like the design; I don't mind the "Professional Baseball Player/Club" statements on the front - I think it's kind of a throwback to how players and teams were referenced many decades ago. But, I wish I received more than one "insert" type. The Niekro card isn't even prime, but low-numbered (which makes little difference). The ARod is "Century" but numbered to 49 - that makes no sense whatsoever.

But, as with a few other comments I've read, Panini has lost this customer also. It has nothing to do with return - it's based upon what was on the sell sheet versus the prospect-laden box I received. The sell sheet made no mention of prospects and the checklist wasn't added until well after pre-order. But, I do believe part of that is my fault, however, I had thought this product would go up before release.

Oh, well!

I am sorry that you had to buy a box to realize Panini sucks, but at least now you can boycott them like the rest of us!!! They are terrible!
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
MSD

Rough break man! At least you got a Bundy auto though..couldve been much much worse..
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote