Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 09:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mclean, VA
Posts: 953
Default

You got a good deal on that, but I wouldn't open it. It does become junk once you open all of it, but you can make a good deal of money selling them unopened for 50 cents a piece. Believe it or not, people have and will always buy these packs for 50 cents a pop.
griffan15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
bboi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Killa Kali
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan15 View Post
You got a good deal on that, but I wouldn't open it. It does become junk once you open all of it, but you can make a good deal of money selling them unopened for 50 cents a piece. Believe it or not, people have and will always buy these packs for 50 cents a pop.
winner! Thats what I was thinking too. If the op wants to bust hem though for his enjoyment then who cares if he busts them. Sometime you wanna bust them for the hell of it to have fun & the money doesn't matter.

Like I tell people all the time here. It's not always all about resale. Hell I busted a few packs last night of older stuff just to take me back a little.
__________________
THE OFFICIAL BLOWOUT RESIDENT SUPER COLLECTOR OF FRANK THOMAS BASE & UP.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
TDiddy532's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Medford, MA
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
FIREWOOD....
Until he busts those score boxes and finds one of the Mantle Auto's or maybe a Yaz/Musial/Mantle triple auto

Yeah, we get it, its junk wax. But for $300, I guarantee he will get more enjoyment out of opening these than the 6 hands of blackjack half of us will blow $300 on any given weekend.
__________________
http://s895.beta.photobucket.com/user/TDiddy532/library/Baseball
TDiddy532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
cynicalbuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
um yeah, that is what I was thinking when I was looking at the pics, certainly no where near $300 worth of wax there. oh well at least you will have fun opening!
I was thinking that too when I first saw the photo, but after some quick math there are over 70 boxes, plus, that's about 4 bucks a box, no shipping. There probably won't be a lot of big money cards in there, but should be a hell of a fun rip and if your looking to stock a Sportlots store or something you came out ahead. Plus who knows what could be lurking. I love junk wax.
cynicalbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
cynicalbuddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
um yeah, that is what I was thinking when I was looking at the pics, certainly no where near $300 worth of wax there. oh well at least you will have fun opening!
I was thinking that too when I first saw the photo, but after some quick math there are over 70 boxes, plus, that's about 4 bucks a box, no shipping. There probably won't be a lot of big money cards in there, but should be a hell of a fun rip and if your looking to stock a Sportlots store or something you came out ahead. Plus who knows what could be lurking. I love junk wax. Probably works out with all those extra packs and so to less than a dime a pack.
cynicalbuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Mizzurawar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 966
Default

Guys thanks for the comments. Unfortuantly I'm at work and in crunch mode for one of our games but I will try to post some baseball rips tonight. I'm super excited to do this....even at a snails pace i'm fine with that.

To give you an idea why I enjoy this so much. Yes 300 bucks may be a bit high for this stuff. However that 300 bucks went to a really great guy who is suffering from skin cancer and just had open heart surgery a few months back. He says his kids have no interest in it.
So yeah I'll stick my neck out a bit and help him out a little bit. Hell I would have dropped another 300 for all his cardboard boxes of stuff he had and it was wayyyyy more than what you see I picked up.

I plan on putting this stuff on COMC little by little and have fun with it. I sell wayyy more of this kind of stuff than I do jerseys and autos on there. My cheap hockey is a big hit on COMC and makes me decent coin.

I will also be giving a box to my 4 little cousins who are coming over to stay with me next week while one of them has kidney surgery.

So yeah....I'm going to enjoy the hell out of every last card I bought. I'm in no way concerned about making my money back.......which I'm sure I will in the long run

Stay Tuned tonight for some excitement!
__________________
Patch Collection PC
http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/mizzurawar
Mizzurawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,246
Default

Good for you--have fun, enjoy it. This is supposed to be about fun, after all
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Mizzurawar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 966
Default

One more thing. When I came home yesterday with my car loaded and met my wife in the kitchen, she asked me how much I spent on cards thinking I spent 50 bucks probably. I told her exactly how much I spent......no lies.....straight up this is how it is.

She was super pissed She asked me how I was going to make money off that crap. Even she knows nobody goes after stuff like that. HAHA! I told her if we can't make rent and lose the house I'll just make a condo out of all the cards and we can live there!
__________________
Patch Collection PC
http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/mizzurawar

Last edited by Mizzurawar; 05-07-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Mizzurawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 159
Default

wow... memories. crazy flashbacks to summer and after school at the card shop.
mrHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Mizzurawar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Washington State
Posts: 966
Default

Well It's 1am and I just got back from softball a couple hours ago and I'm not in the sleeping mood right now.....I'm in a Bustin Mood! I'm gonna do 5 packs tonight of some baseball and list the best couple cards.
First up......

-1991 Upper Deck Baseball-
Narciso Elvira Rookie
Got all excited because I thought I hit something crazy.....No an A's Hologram sticker. Still coool though.

Not a good pack at all. Best hit was the A's Holo Sticker!

-1994 Donruss Triple Play-
Barry Bonds
Don Mattingly Been a long time since I pulled Don!

A Pack with a few notable names but no fun bonus prize.

-1991 Upper Deck-
Narciso Elvira Rookie Again!
Oakland A's Hologram Sticker Again!

-1994 Triple Play-
Ryan Klesko Rookie Revue

-1991 Upper Deck-
Mickey Morandini Rookie
Gregg Jefferies Check List
Braves Hologram Sticker

5 boring packs tonight. Oh well there's always tomorrow!
__________________
Patch Collection PC
http://s617.photobucket.com/albums/tt254/mizzurawar

Last edited by Mizzurawar; 05-08-2012 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Want to
Mizzurawar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 757
Default

You know it would've been ok to say no
BigDan502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 60
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzurawar View Post
Guys thanks for the comments. Unfortuantly I'm at work and in crunch mode for one of our games but I will try to post some baseball rips tonight. I'm super excited to do this....even at a snails pace i'm fine with that.

To give you an idea why I enjoy this so much. Yes 300 bucks may be a bit high for this stuff. However that 300 bucks went to a really great guy who is suffering from skin cancer and just had open heart surgery a few months back. He says his kids have no interest in it.
So yeah I'll stick my neck out a bit and help him out a little bit. Hell I would have dropped another 300 for all his cardboard boxes of stuff he had and it was wayyyyy more than what you see I picked up.

I plan on putting this stuff on COMC little by little and have fun with it. I sell wayyy more of this kind of stuff than I do jerseys and autos on there. My cheap hockey is a big hit on COMC and makes me decent coin.

I will also be giving a box to my 4 little cousins who are coming over to stay with me next week while one of them has kidney surgery.

So yeah....I'm going to enjoy the hell out of every last card I bought. I'm in no way concerned about making my money back.......which I'm sure I will in the long run

Stay Tuned tonight for some excitement!
good for you...sooo many people on this forum are only concerned with price, if your happy with your purchase thats what matters!
buckeyeforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.