Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Harper Super Question Only...

I know this has been asked before but since the canary Harper found in value box does it follow that the supers will as well? In other words, did the Lawrie and Moore canary cards come from a value or only their supers? I realize no guarantees just following trends.

Also, is it 1000% that if the 2 supers somehow still out there they would only be pulled from a hobby box of Bowman Chrome or the hobby pack from a value box? No chance it is stashed in regular Bowman, jumbo Bowman or BDPP?

thanks and except for the drop Harper again looked great. I am holding..noticed the cards keep trending upward...waiting for the HRs to start selling...
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

I pulled the moore canary and it came from a hobby box, a case i opened just before xmas.
gr8azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ok thanks...did Lawrie canary get pulled and was it hobby...any info etc...thanks
Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

i pulled the lawrie super from hobby, and the lawrie canary (first or second week of release) was hobby as well.

the lawrie super auto was value box though...
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok so no trend which means no greater chance being anywhere regarding value vs hobby. How about any chance it is anywhere but a Bowman Chrome hobby pack? Meaning 0 chance in Bowman or BDPP...Also, besides the mythical Harper super is there any players from previous releases which never surfaced? I am sure not as followed but by now the supers should have been uncovered. The guy pulled the canary back in January but kept it hush hush? Not sure why but to each their own. I am just wondering if Topps has any history of monster hits never surfacing...
Old 05-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
Ok so no trend which means no greater chance being anywhere regarding value vs hobby. How about any chance it is anywhere but a Bowman Chrome hobby pack? Meaning 0 chance in Bowman or BDPP...Also, besides the mythical Harper super is there any players from previous releases which never surfaced? I am sure not as followed but by now the supers should have been uncovered. The guy pulled the canary back in January but kept it hush hush? Not sure why but to each their own. I am just wondering if Topps has any history of monster hits never surfacing...
The Harper Superfractors can only come from Bowman Chrome Hobby packs, not the other sets. The only one that was in Bowman regular was pulled already.

Most famous one not to be pulled is Evan Longorias 2006 BDPP Superfractor Auto, has never surfaced/been pulled.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinandji View Post
Why should the superfractors have been uncovered? Only about 50% of the production run has been opened (estimation from superfractors accounted for), there are quite a few canaries/superfractors that have yet to surface from this release and others (i.e. Evan Longoria).

2011 Bowman Chrome Baseball Pulled Super Fractor List | Pulled SuperFractors List

Also there is a 0% chance the 2011 Bowman Chrome Harper superfractors are in Bowman or BDPP...

There is no proof the Canary was pulled back in January and there is no need for Topps to pay him to keep it "hush hush" they do not benefit directly from a rise in case prices, and they have made their money from the release. Only distributors/wholesalers/dealers stand to benefit from the maintenance in high case prices derived from Harpers staying missing.

Last edited by fitch123; 05-07-2012 at 12:51 PM.
fitch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

There is certainly no trend with the exception of the fact that so far 4 of the top 5 Auto'd Supers came form Value Boxes. What does this say about the Harper? Probably value box
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

I never bought into Topps paying anybody hush money. I was only questioning out loud why anyone would keep the canary Harper quiet? The guy who is selling canary said he pulled it back in January and meant to have Beckett grade it at local show they did not make it so he had SGA? or whomever, grade it. Strange providence for the canary but it is what it is. Is that really true about only half of all chrome being ripped? If truly the case why is Bowman 2012 so damn hyped...it will be down after flippers flood market. I am just butt hurt I bought 24 hobby and no jumbo. This hobby is killing me with all the little nuances (jumbo vs hobby) etc...my plan is to let dust settle before jumping in. Most times it works as I have been wrong on pre sells more than right...
Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
The Harper Superfractors can only come from Bowman Chrome Hobby packs, not the other sets. The only one that was in Bowman regular was pulled already.

Most famous one not to be pulled is Evan Longorias 2006 BDPP Superfractor Auto, has never surfaced/been pulled.
The Longoria was pulled, I tried to buy the card from a dealer at a White Plains show back in 2008 and could not agree on a price. So it is out there probably in the hands of a Longo collector.
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
The Longoria was pulled, I tried to buy the card from a dealer at a White Plains show back in 2008 and could not agree on a price. So it is out there probably in the hands of a Longo collector.
are you serious? how much was he asking.....
Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

The dealer was asking $5000 for the card and would not budge on the price. Next time I went to that show the same dealer was there and I inquired about the card, and he told me that the card had sold. Sorry.
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
The dealer was asking $5000 for the card and would not budge on the price. Next time I went to that show the same dealer was there and I inquired about the card, and he told me that the card had sold. Sorry.
wow... $5000 sounds like a steal.. Cant believe its never surfaced online
Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
There are a lot of threads that need your input to put an end to this rumor that is has not been pulled.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Ha! There's probably someone who's already pulled the Harper Auto Super and is trying to sell it for $15,000 at a local show.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

I think it's funny that people believe just because a card has never been seen on a forum or on ebay that it hasn't been pulled. There are a bunch of people that I know that crack bowman just to collect it and keep it. Up until about a few months ago, I was not apart of this forum or any other forum for that matter. So the only people that would know about my collection are close friends.

My guess is that the Harper has already been pulled and the person just wanted to keep it. I know that is what I would do.
bulljh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulljh View Post
I think it's funny that people believe just because a card has never been seen on a forum or on ebay that it hasn't been pulled. There are a bunch of people that I know that crack bowman just to collect it and keep it. Up until about a few months ago, I was not apart of this forum or any other forum for that matter. So the only people that would know about my collection are close friends.

My guess is that the Harper has already been pulled and the person just wanted to keep it. I know that is what I would do.
That is a real possibility but with the hype would be hard to just hold and keep to yourself. Most of the fun of collecting comes from sharing. Besides, as long as I am buying and ripping 2011 Bowman Chrome why not dream your next pull is a Harper super. Until I know different there remains a chance. And one at a red, orange or my 3rd gold auto refractor. THINK BIG!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

The Harper superfractor auto has been pulled as well. It was at a local card shop here and the guy was asking $25,000 and the owner was driving a 20 year old beater, but I went back a week later and the card was gone and the owner of the card was driving a brand new Lexus, so can only assume he traded it for the Lexus and the card will never be seen again.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
The Harper superfractor auto has been pulled as well. It was at a local card shop here and the guy was asking $25,000 and the owner was driving a 20 year old beater, but I went back a week later and the card was gone and the owner of the card was driving a brand new Lexus, so can only assume he traded it for the Lexus and the card will never be seen again.

stop lying!
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
stop lying!
Lmaoooo it was in my vault bro and then I traded it for a 79 mustang II lol