Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Live Break With My Son:2008 Topps HTA Case 2012 Bowman Jumbo

Little Back-story.

Hehehe...Ever since I busted a Case of bowman chrome that I won from here on Blowout my son has been hooked.
He has been bugging me ever since to bust some more wax, but lately the funds just haven't been in it.
He was Really well behaved last week so I told him i would scrape together some cash and we could do a small break.
Blowout has some great sales going on right now so I figured what the hell.
For him to Break with me I got a case of 2008 Topps HTA. At $200 for the case I figured it would be worth it for all the fun I'm going to have.

The Break:
1 Case 2008 Topps HTA
1 Box 2012 Bowman Jumbo(Daddys Break)
1 Box Past and Present (Daddys Break)

If anyone is interested I will do the break live. Either way wish me luck. My son is SUPER STOKED
Apakalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Cool. Nothing like a little one getting a base card of his favorite player and being as excited as some of the people here when they get a OMG super mojoz red refractor of some 15 year old Team USA player.

Good Luck!!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Inactive Account

my 18 month old son is all about helping me when i rip oopen some wax.... he will sit there and watch for as long as it takes... Can't wait till hes old enough to realize how much of an addiction it really is.
Bjsportscards77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Good luck man! I can't wait till my little girl can bust wax with me.

http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd461/natsfan82/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
natsfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

All three of my kids like breaking, get a box happens to be 4 rows and we all pick a row. My 9 year old girl always gets the big hits and she loves to sort
cc80man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:21 AM   #6 (permalink)

Good luck man, can't wait to see what you pull!
DaBaddestHic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Guys.

My son is bouncing of the Freaking walls.
Every time he hears a car "Its them DAD its THEM....UPS IS HERE!!!!!!!". Unfortunately we are still waiting.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #8 (permalink)

The UPS guy never gets to my neighborhood until late afternoon...so I know how you guys feel!
Philster15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)

good luck to the both of you

and even more important, have fun
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Having a Blast!!!

Bowman Jumbo:
Nick Maronde Auto
Danny Hultzen Auto
Brandon Drury Auto
Yu Darvish Gold paper

Past and Present Baskett Ball:
Charles Oakley Auto
Marv Roberts Auto
DeMar Rozen GU

Biggest Hit So Far I Think.....
2011 Draft Pick Auto Redemption
Card#0
Player:2011 Draft Pick Auto XRCQ
Any Idea what exactly that is for?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #11 (permalink)

With the arrival of 2011-12 Past & Present from Panini America today, the hobby finally has its first Rookie Cards for this season’s young stars.

Well, sort of.

As previously announced, the rookies are found via redemption cards and there are three types of cards to chase — all looking pretty similar to each other. (Need a checklist or OPG when available soon? Click here.)

First, there are autographed redemptions for the 2011-12 NBA Draft class, capped by Rookie of the Year Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers. There are 35 cards in that one — but all redemptions are blind. There will be a “draft” assigning players to the redemption cards (letters A-Z and then AA-II) live and online in late October. The company has not announced whether all cards were created in the same quantities.

Second, there are redemptions for cards of the 2012-13 NBA Draft class — these cards are specific to the actual draft pick number, meaning you can pull the No. 1 or No. 2 pick and so on. There are 25 cards in this one.

Third, there is a complete set redemption for all 25 cards in the 2012-13 NBA Draft class.

The most-expensive seller so far in online auctions has been the No. 2 card for the 2012-13 class, which sold for $200, while a 2011-12 “Card A” sold for $150 — but remember, that card does not mean it will be of the No. 1 pick because of the online draft set for Oct. 29. The only other two cards to sell so far in the opening day were in the $50-$60 range and were cards from each set.

Which ones will end up being most-popular is anyone’s guess, but asking prices for the unsigned set card have pushed $1,000 as collectors are perhaps unsure about what they have at this point — or how rare those cards might be. Clearly, the signed cards should be more in-demand than the unsigned cards of players to be drafted next year, but one has to wonder whether any certain cards might be tougher to find than others or whether the random draw for those cards will (as it should) float the boat for all sales of the redemptions. (Side question: How would you feel paying about more for a card if it ends up being a guy who was the final pick in the draft?)

So, yes, the move is creative — and it’s one that should help spark some action on the secondary market for these cards. But one does have to wonder whether it might frustrate collectors who just want a Rookie Card of the new guys right now (or last month). After all, the season is over and none of this year’s rookies have even a single standard, basic Rookie Card yet — let alone anything autographed. And, optimistically, it’s going to be November before collectors get their hands on those cards. (The move and delay is reportedly so the league can do a combined rookie photo shoot/signing session with members of both draft classes all at once, but that has not been formally announced.)

So, now, with the arrival of Past & Present we have the RCs … but we don’t.

Will this work? How will it really work out as more and more cards arrive up for sale? It’s a fair pair of questions, and it’s a topic that will be talked about just as much as the efforts to make the players’ cards creative — and more valuable. That’s a good move to a degree, but one just has to wonder whether most collectors will respond positively to innovation and creativity if it makes their hobby more complicated and draws out the wait for what many of them have been asking for for some time. Some collectors will love the results, others still just want basic cards — and could have been satisfied with game-action photography from last fall.

There is no right or wrong answer here, but how collectors respond to these cards — with their buying habits — will show us all precisely what they think in the coming days and weeks.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Is that 2008 Topps I or II that you're breaking? I'm curious because I need another Series I set at some point. Good luck with everything!