Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
But if it's a well liked member of the boards it's okay. If it was someone hated everyone would be all over him.

What goes around comes around (or however that saying goes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by studboyt View Post
I don't know Houdini, but I wonder if he ever contacts Topps over a "missing" hit?
I've done multiple high end breaks with houdini and he does a fabulous job. My comment wasn't about him, it was about Topps error. If I don't do my job correctly people die, if Topps doesn't do their job..... oh well.
gergs1134 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

I may be wrong here but I would assume every single person on here would have done the same thing and opened them!! (Or sold).
mcnabb2westy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdo0423 View Post
If you are fine with it, that's your opinion. I'm just voicing my opinion and I'd bet others would agree. I'm not involved with the wrapper redemption so its no like I'm just bitter because I didn't receive any packs. No number of packs would be ok, the higher the number though, the worse I think it is. Stealing $20 is better than stealing $1600 but both are still stealing. I'm not saying you are stealing since you were sent them but in a sense you are since you are keeping something that wasn't yours. Personally I feel that if somebody sends me something that isn't mine I'm going to ask them about it. To each their own.
I'd rather steal $1600 .

Houdini, just think of it as topps paying you back for all the missing hits over the years
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabb2westy View Post
I may be wrong here but I would assume every single person on here would have done the same thing and opened them!! (Or sold).
I wouldn't. If Topps said I could keep them, then absolutely. If they wanted me to send them back I would ask them to cover shipping.
mcdo0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

I don't know..170 is a lot of packs to open, I would have thought long and hard about selling them(even at $15 each, that's $2550!). BTW I said the same thing about Brickhouse two autos in to my case!
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:48 AM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sblez

NO one made the point that Houdini got extra packs but he could of easily kept the extra packs for himself! He is obviously one of the most honest members on this forum and this situation was no different. No one would call Topps if they got extra packs. Do you call them when you get an extra hit or two hahaha
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:19 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sblez View Post
NO one made the point that Houdini got extra packs but he could of easily kept the extra packs for himself! He is obviously one of the most honest members on this forum and this situation was no different. No one would call Topps if they got extra packs. Do you call them when you get an extra hit or two hahaha
False. If I received 80 packs I wasn't supposed to get that should have gone to somebody else I most certainly would contact Topps. I'm not doubting that he is one of the most honest members on this forum. I would still join breaks he hosted (if I was allowed in, lol). I just don't agree with his decision in this situation. You have to remember that these are 80 packs that somebody else isn't going get. It could be somebody that broke 30+ cases or it could a kid who saved up their allowance to buy a box?
Old 05-25-2012, 02:11 AM   #33 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdo0423 View Post
False. If I received 80 packs I wasn't supposed to get that should have gone to somebody else I most certainly would contact Topps. I'm not doubting that he is one of the most honest members on this forum. I would still join breaks he hosted (if I was allowed in, lol). I just don't agree with his decision in this situation. You have to remember that these are 80 packs that somebody else isn't going get. It could be somebody that broke 30+ cases or it could a kid who saved up their allowance to buy a box?
You are a self-righteous jack#@#@.

I could have just as easily been short 80 or 90 packs.

You think they would have miraculously called someone up and shipped him these packs? Do you have any idea what kind of can of worms that would open?

You think my perceived "standing" in the community has anything to do with it? You are a fool. Plenty of people with high iTrader have been called out and shunned these last few months.

You can place yourself on the highest pedestal that you want in your own magical hypothetical situation. In your head you can be Mahatma Ghandi for all I care.

Here is the little tidbit that you missed while you made your accusations and made your holier than thou stand:

I had almost $2000 in extra packs. They were mine - I did not owe them to anyone. I could have kept them and sold them or opened them - it was my right.

I kept 10 packs and gave the rest away. Around 70 went to the free group break that you see the results of above. 16 went to a member here who was shorted that many.

If I am such a #@#@#@#@ing dishonest crook, why didn't I keep the packs? You sure weren't talking about giving any of your magical hypothetical packs away. You just wanted to call Topps and get their ok before you kept them all for yourself. So even your hypothetical integrity is lacking.

If there was an orderform included that said I was due to receive X and yet I received Y, then and only then would I owe Topps a call. In this instance they ignored my detailed letter (just as they did with numerous others) and sent me what they thought I should get. No packing slip - just 3 boxes banging around loose in a box too large to hold them securely.

If they had shorted me 80 packs, I would have worn it just like everyone else.

It is my opinion that the employee was rushed. Probably the same employee that gave the guy 25 that was only due 7 - and the same employee that gave the guy 6 who was due 20. I got lucky and I shared that luck with numerous other people - not because I had to - but because I wanted to.

This is not the first example of how I act either. I hit the Golden Ticket and could have kept it. $3250 is how much it sold for. That could easily have just been mine. That is over $5k this month alone that I have not kept and I sure as hell could have. The Christmas break is another example of how I act.

Who are you? I can show you exact instances of how I act in these type situations. All you have are magical hypotheticals in which you and Tim Tebow hang out.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:10 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

who really cares lol .. grow men arguing about baseball cards lol
Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:30 AM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss

Houdini ∞ Idiot 0
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
who really cares lol .. grow men arguing about baseball cards lol
Baseball cards hold value. Don't ever argue about anything in life if you do not care for an argument of any value.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:59 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houdini View Post

You think they would have miraculously called someone up and shipped him these packs? Do you have any idea what kind of can of worms that would open?

You think my perceived "standing" in the community has anything to do with it? You are a fool. Plenty of people with high iTrader have been called out and shunned these last few months.

You can place yourself on the highest pedestal that you want in your own magical hypothetical situation. In your head you can be Mahatma Ghandi for all I care.

Here is the little tidbit that you missed while you made your accusations and made your holier than thou stand:

I had almost $2000 in extra packs. They were mine - I did not owe them to anyone. I could have kept them and sold them or opened them - it was my right.

I kept 10 packs and gave the rest away. Around 70 went to the free group break that you see the results of above. 16 went to a member here who was shorted that many.

If I am such a #@#@#@#@ing dishonest crook, why didn't I keep the packs? You sure weren't talking about giving any of your magical hypothetical packs away. You just wanted to call Topps and get their ok before you kept them all for yourself. So even your hypothetical integrity is lacking.

If there was an orderform included that said I was due to receive X and yet I received Y, then and only then would I owe Topps a call. In this instance they ignored my detailed letter (just as they did with numerous others) and sent me what they thought I should get. No packing slip - just 3 boxes banging around loose in a box too large to hold them securely.

It is my opinion that the employee was rushed. Probably the same employee that gave the guy 25 that was only due 7 - and the same employee that gave the guy 6 who was due 20. I got lucky and I shared that luck with numerous other people - not because I had to - but because I wanted to.

This is not the first example of how I act either. I hit the Golden Ticket and could have kept it. $3250 is how much it sold for. That could easily have just been mine. That is over $5k this month alone that I have not kept and I sure as hell could have. The Christmas break is another example of how I act.

Who are you? I can show you exact instances of how I act in these type situations. All you have are magical hypotheticals in which you and Tim Tebow hang out.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:51 AM   #38 (permalink)

No one should be pissed ot the OP the blame falls on topps for not hiring people that can count. I may or may not receive my 11 packs but it is not anyones fault on here that did get packs. I sent mine in a day before another member on here and I sent mine express, he got his packs and I have not. This whole thing falls on topps.
pat10021839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #39 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
I don't know..170 is a lot of packs to open, I would have thought long and hard about selling them(even at $15 each, that's $2550!). BTW I said the same thing about Brickhouse two autos in to my case!
In your case?!? Sh!t, I got two of his autos in my one box
Old 05-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Default lol baseball cards hold value lol lol lol lol lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Baseball cards hold value. Don't ever argue about anything in life if you do not care for an argument of any value.
funniest thing i have heard in awhile ... you must be a newbie
Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
funniest thing i have heard in awhile ... you must be a newbie
Lol wtf? Since you seem to think baseball cards hold no value, mind shipping me any worthless pieces of cards with sports players on them you might have taking up space in your house?

Quote:
how do you sleep at night selling Laser Hair Growth Loss Regrowth Treatment ?????
Even if that were true that's not an insult. What's wrong with helping men regrow hair? Improving people's lives by boosting their self esteem isn't something to be looked down on. Maybe you should try that instead of pointless personal 'attacks' on people.

Houdini - thanks for the video! Damn these cards look cool - that was the first time I'd seen one other than in a scan and they're beautiful. I hope to get one at some point, even if it's just some scrub, so that I can see it in person . Mad props on how you handled the extra packs too, I know there were a lot of people thankful for what you gave away.
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

Wow. Welcome to ignore. Try some integrity in the future. Just because you gave away ill gotten gain doesn't make it honest.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Wow. Welcome to ignore. Try some integrity in the future. Just because you gave away ill gotten gain doesn't make it honest.
How did Houdini obtain the packs evilly, illegally, or dishonestly? He sent in wrappers like many others and Topps sent him packs in return. Did he receive the correct number? No, but as he pointed out, several other posters on this board received the incorrect number (some more than they should have received, some fewer than what they should have received). That doesn't sound evil, illegal, or dishonest to me, unless you are accusing Houdini of lying to Topps about the number of wrappers he sent in. That, or your definition of ill-gotten gains is different than what I've always understood that term to mean.

Last edited by Andrew Jones; 05-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Andrew Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #44 (permalink)

I think we're dealing with the difference between what's moral and what's practical. I'll leave it at that because I don't really want to add another stream to the peeing contest that is going on here. No matter what houdini did it would have been controversial, because these packs were, I believe, from a group break... so sending them back to Topps would not have been solely his decision to make.... and if you think getting consensus from 100 people on a decision like that would be possible, I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell you.
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
haha, good luck getting in a decent group break on this site for the next 10 years
ReinholdMessner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinholdMessner View Post
I think we're dealing with the difference between what's moral and what's practical. I'll leave it at that because I don't really want to add another stream to the peeing contest that is going on here. No matter what houdini did it would have been controversial, because these packs were, I believe, from a group break... so sending them back to Topps would not have been solely his decision to make.... and if you think getting consensus from 100 people on a decision like that would be possible, I have some land in Florida I'd like to sell you.
Also would like to know how Topps would have distributed them if he sent them back. They already sent them all out and would obviously have to send them late after telling people there are no more. Further, how do they know Houdini didn't mess with the packs (not accusing houdini of anything obviously, making a point), what if there were no autos in the 80 packs sent back or tampered with in some way? Person getting them would think something's up even if it's coincidental. Point: They probably wouldn't even ship them out.

Last edited by xbignick; 05-25-2012 at 01:00 PM.
xbignick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Because I don't agree with you, I'm a jack#@#@, got it.
True
They would have either told you to keep them or ask you to send them back so they could send them to somebody who wasn't sent any packs due to them running out.
I never said your standing in the community had anything to do with it. But I'm also not going to agree with somebody because of their standing.

I don't place myself on a pedestal, I just know what I think is right and what I think is wrong. Everybody's idea of right and wrong can be different. I've made choices in my life that looking back now were not the right choices.

I didn't miss that. I even stated previously that you had a choice, I just didn't agree with it. They sent them to you so it was your choice what you did with them. You had the right to do whatever you wanted with them.

Just because you didn't keep all the packs for yourself doesn't change my opinion to question why you got extra packs.

I've never once called you a name. I stated I didn't agree with a decision you made. I wasn't put in the situation you were so I don't know what I would have done with packs if Topps said to keep them. If the only reason I was getting packs was I sent in wrappers from a GB I hosted then yes, I would have given them out to the members of the break.
You knew you should have received X packs and received Y packs instead. Just because there wasn't an orderform that changes your stance? Ok.
[B]ok[B]
You are right that Topps put you in a situation that you shouldn't have been put in. You were put in that situation though and chose how to handle it.

I'm not using this to judge you as a person. I'm sure you are a great guy and have done good things. I'm solely looking at this situation. I personally don't have anything against you. I mean I would still trade with you, buy from you, sell to you, join your breaks, etc. I just chose to voice that I didn't agree with your decision. I have great respect for those who host legitimate/honest group breaks which it looks like you are one of those people.

My name is Scott and I'm a cardaholic. I don't like Tim Tebow. I can give examples also. I was supposed to get in a USA set. I got a package that had 2 items in it. One said "USA Set 1" and the other said "USA Set 2". I knew somebody else was getting a USA set from the same person so I contacted the seller and let them know what I received. Did I have to contact them? No. I could have kept both and not said anything. I did contact them though since I thought it was the right thing to do.
I have bolded some responses above. If there is anything you would like to hash out, please PM me. We can do this through PM's to reserve the rest of this post for the break itself. No hard feelings.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:43 PM   #48 (permalink)

I just think this whole break should have just been between the members involved. No mention of extra packs, and people who got shafted by Topps wouldn't be all up in arms. Either way great break.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #49 (permalink)

Well I can understand both sides of the coin. People are getting shorted and Houdini's group (through no fault of his own) got extra packs.

Honestly, I would've done the exact same thing in Houdini's place. Topps fulfillment is a massive cluster-#@#@#@#@ of a joke. They send me something, I'm not sending it back. Even if I were to send it back, do you think they would re-distribute to the people who were shorted? Doubtful.

In summary, don't get mad at Houdini. Get mad at Topps for hiring uninformed, bungling minimum wage workers and botching the entire redemption fiasco.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
I just think this whole break should have just been between the members involved. No mention of extra packs, and people who got shafted by Topps wouldn't be all up in arms. Either way great break.
He didn't want it mentioned that he got extra packs, because he probably knew something like this would ensue. Someone on another thread posted exactly how many extra were recieved, and Houdini was not very happy about that.

This whole situation is a grey area, but Topps would have most likely destroyed the packs if they were returned, or told him to just keep them. IDK what I would have done personally.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote