Blowout Cards Forums
Hallowwen

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #76 (permalink)

I live in Canada and by the time we got them delivered up North it was already too late. They need to come up with a better way of giving away these packs to more of their customers. I suggest to set a cap of 4-5 packs per address or some other way.
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:34 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdo0423 View Post
Just happened upon this. Not trying to fuel any fires, just thought it was interesting since it is a similar (albeit not the same) situation.

Situation
You're kidding right...That is not even close to an apt comparison. Please, people, stop grasping at straws. It is what it is. Topps was incompetent...stop misplacing your anger.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
You're kidding right...That is not even close to an apt comparison. Please, people, stop grasping at straws. It is what it is. Topps was incompetent...stop misplacing your anger.
I don't have any anger about the situation.
Here is where I see the similarities:
News story vs. OP story
Bank made a mistake and gave a customer something they shouldn't have/Topps made a mistake and gave a customer something they shouldn't have.
Customer didn't contact the bank about the mistake/OP didn't contact Topps about the mistake.
Customer used the money/OP opened the packs.
Customer didn't keep all the money but used some to help his family/OP didn't keep all the packs but used some for his GB participants and gave some to somebody who didn't get any.
Family members think he is a good person but didn't handle the situation in the right way/Some people think OP is a good person but didn't handle the situation in the right way.
Some people would have done the same thing and kept the money/some people would have done the same thing and kept the packs.

One big difference I see is the bank customer wasn't expecting anything but the OP was expecting packs, he just received more than he should have.
mcdo0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't have any anger about the situation.
Here is where I see the similarities:
News story vs. OP story
Bank made a mistake and gave a customer something they shouldn't have/Topps made a mistake and gave a customer something they shouldn't have.
Customer didn't contact the bank about the mistake/OP didn't contact Topps about the mistake.
Customer used the money/OP opened the packs.
Customer didn't keep all the money but used some to help his family/OP didn't keep all the packs but used some for his GB participants and gave some to somebody who didn't get any.
Family members think he is a good person but didn't handle the situation in the right way/Some people think OP is a good person but didn't handle the situation in the right way.
Some people would have done the same thing and kept the money/some people would have done the same thing and kept the packs.

One big difference I see is the bank customer wasn't expecting anything but the OP was expecting packs, he just received more than he should have.
There's also the big things that arent similar, as in, Houdini wouldn't get years of prison, theres no charges, and that big difference of the customer wasn't expecting anything but Houdini was expecting packs isnt a huge difference, its a VERY HUGE difference.

Also the fact that it was tens of thousands of dollars vs. packs of cards, which shouldn't matter, but it does.
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
There's also the big things that arent similar, as in, Houdini wouldn't get years of prison, theres no charges, and that big difference of the customer wasn't expecting anything but Houdini was expecting packs isnt a huge difference, its a VERY HUGE difference.

Also the fact that it was tens of thousands of dollars vs. packs of cards, which shouldn't matter, but it does.
I believe you are absolutely correct about the consequences. Legality vs. Ethics. Legality is set in stone where ethics is not. That is the thing with ethics, there will usually be 2 sides to the discussion and neither side is really right or wrong, its just opinions. Kind of like at the end of the video I linked they were asking for opinions on what you would do if put in the situation. Ethics is an interesting and fun topic to discuss and can lead to heated debates since people can take it personally.

(no bearing on the situation in this thread) When talking about ethics, this one always pops into my mind. If your family was starving, would you steal a loaf of bread to feed them?
mcdo0423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:46 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe you are absolutely correct about the consequences. Legality vs. Ethics. Legality is set in stone where ethics is not. That is the thing with ethics, there will usually be 2 sides to the discussion and neither side is really right or wrong, its just opinions. Kind of like at the end of the video I linked they were asking for opinions on what you would do if put in the situation. Ethics is an interesting and fun topic to discuss and can lead to heated debates since people can take it personally.

(no bearing on the situation in this thread) When talking about ethics, this one always pops into my mind. If your family was starving, would you steal a loaf of bread to feed them?
YOu would think the obvious answer would be yes, because I believe everyone has a line where Ethics and common sense collide, and I would think the line for even the most ethically inclined people would be somewhere around there.

I'm ok with his decision because most likely the cards would have been destroyed anyway. If he had kept them all for himself, it would be a little different, but most either went to someone who didnt get theres, or his group break.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:45 PM   #82 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Guys, just ignore their posts. Some people seek attention and will continuously post over and over if they think they are getting it.

They post comments begging a response and also "welcome to ignore." All they have to do is actually add you to their "ignore list." It's what I have done - and would therefore have missed all these wonderful comments until they were quoted. haha.

They say things like "I don't mean to stir the pot," but they make posts clearly intended to both create a larger firestorm and also get themselves more and more attention.

Sometimes when you see the true motive, it is easier to ignore.

Had I sent back the packs, it would be these type of people who would claim the packs were not actually returned. You see? This response was inevitable regardless of what happened.
Old 05-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #83 (permalink)

Dead Horse <------ Keep beating it! We are enjoying it!

Houdini, nice break!
mac.nokes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #84 (permalink)

is this thread still going on jesus people move on already, it is done and over with...
Old 05-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #85 (permalink)

I have a question related to the thread. Did I read correctly that the Harper base card has no serial numbering but is believed to be /400?

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #86 (permalink)
BlowoutTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
I have a question related to the thread. Did I read correctly that the Harper base card has no serial numbering but is believed to be /400?
Yes sir, there are only 10,000 packs of 5 cards. So 50,000 cards. 110 cards x400 = 44,000 cards (plus autos and red refractors). Red refractors = 2750. Autos = 1900. So that is 48,650 cards.

So, I guess 412.3 is the more accurate number if my math is right.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
It's estimated that there are only ~380 base sets based on the print run

And I can not believe the hysteria over free cards. Jesus, get over it. For all the Topps product this guy rips, he deserves 70 extra packs. I'd hate to see how some of you would respond when an actual bad break occurs in your life with all of the pissing and moaning over redemption packs.

That's the way it is. When I ran my business, I got more free stuff when I ordered stuff. Distributors and companies take care of people who are going to put the most money back in their pocket. Is it fair? No, but that's how it works. Was it fair that Budweiser used to give the Giant liquor store down the street from me free cruises for their family, while I only got golf clubs? Sure it was, they ordered millions in product while I had a 1500 sq ft store and couldn't store that much product. The people getting all butthurt over these packs clearly don't understand how business works.

If you really feel that slighted by Topps for not getting free packs of cards, then don't buy their products anymore! That is the ultimate power of a consumer!

You don't think Topps knew where these packs were headed?

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks

Last edited by dlab85; 05-27-2012 at 10:31 PM.
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #88 (permalink)

Thanks for the info. Just picked one up and wondered how many were out there.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 PM   #89 (permalink)

I know im the last person anyone wants to hear from on this thread but after seeing someone beat a dead horse I have to say something

This Vegas Kid sounds like he is one of those kids that has not grown hair you know where and tried everything (im guessing also your product) and nothing is working...dont worry buddy once your voice changes you with sprout down below

The whole pack issue thing would have prob went down completely different with anyone else but whats done is done. What Houdini did was far greater then returning the packs back to Topps, hell he gave someone the number of packs they were suppose to get. Its a lot easier to make assumptions when you didnt have any word with what the packs were going to go to but I put money on it if anyone on here that was talking crap were in the break they too would have been singing the same toon of opening the packs.....It just sounds like people that couldnt "cash" in on the free packs topps gave out have gotten a little jealous of the "big" breakers that got a lot of packs

Keep up the good work Houdini you know you did nothing wrong and so do all the regulars that get into your breaks
Old 05-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #90 (permalink)

Don't worry houdini, you are the best!!!!! I will always join your group breaks!

.271 AVG 4 HR 47 RBI
metsandweezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #91 (permalink)

How can anyone think these are "Free cards". You had to buy $70-150 boxes to get these packs! Its part of the incentive so its not "free". Box states 3 autographs so those are all "Free cards" too right since we are only looking for base cards!?!?!?! NO.

Then on top of that you had to pay for shipping to get these. I won't comment on anything else but don't anyone say these are "free" cards!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsandweezer View Post
Slurp slurp slurp slurp slurrrrrrrrrrrrrp!
Sorry, couldn't read your post in between all the slurping. What was the point again?
Old 05-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #93 (permalink)

I feel that a certain "Vegas" and all of his posts have mysterious dissapeared. I guess the Mods felt he was enough off topic and rude to get rid of all evidence of him.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #94 (permalink)

Houdini > Getzjols

/Thread
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #95 (permalink)

Lasergain worked for me!!!!
skaterats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

man whats up with the Hultzens! Most Ive seen so far have been dinged in the same corner! Along with his Blue Refractor Autos, seen over 10 in the same corner! Haven't seen any other, guess Danny really hates Blue lol
whityscards is offline   Reply With Quote