Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2012, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Target "Authentic Memorbilia" Autograph Edition Break

Was at Target today to get a few things and felt like blowing $13, I knew I'd get junk, but figured what the heck and got one of those Fairfield things that promises four packs and an authentic autograph.

Packs :

2010 UD Series 1 (18 card pack) : Justin Turner RC, DiMaggio Baseball Heroes
2011 Topps Opening Day : A couple cruddy inserts
2011 Topps Opening Day : 3-D Opening Day Stars Joey Votto (cool looking card for a $1 card)
2007 Fleer Ultra : Matt Cain base

Autograph :

2007 SP Rookie Edition Autograph of...Josh Hamilton? No. Ryan Braun? No. Phil Hughes? Close! He's a Yankee!

Sean Henn!

Maybe if it was Sean Penn, it'd have been worth something
scotthenrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Hahah I have gotten these before for fun. I wonder what the best hit ever from one of these is? Felipe Paulino is the best I got.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Felix Pie! I bought a couple a few weeks back.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

I've always wondered if there were any good hits in those things (does not seem like it).

There is another Fairfield product that i've got several times, it's 10 retail packs for $10. Most of the packs are awful but it can still be fun to bust.
Danderlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I might get in trouble for this but.. u guys ever wonder what Blowout does with all that baseball GU they buy? Bingo....
Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

They used to have a 10 pack box of various hobby packs for $19.99, wish they still did. I pulled a Chien Ming Wang auto from an Ovation pack.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

If we're talking Fairfield, nothing beats the Fleer autograph packs they had back in the mid 2000's. They were $5 each and were insanely awesome. I literally drove around the state looking for them at retail stores and when I found them, I cleared them out.

Basically, when Fleer when out of business, Fairfield bought a ton of their excess inventory and repackaged it for retail stores. These packs were just $5 each and had a guaranteed auto in them. A few of them were kind of cruddy (97 EX Emerald Todd Hollandsworth?) but I hit some huuuuge hits on a bunch, including a number of 99 Fleer SI autographs like Reggie Jackson, Al Kaline, Eddie Mathews, and Carl Yazstremski. They had football and basketball versions too. Football was good, I had 3 Rookie Autographics of Hines Ward at one point, a couple 2000 Autographics of Janikowski (after I hit one of them, I was praying for Brady , to no avail) basketball was kind of cruddy, mostly common Autographics, but I did get a Dikembe Mutombo Autographics which was pretty cool.

To this day, these were the best retail finds I ever found.
scotthenrichs is offline   Reply With Quote