Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Birthday Break: 2011 Finest and 2012 Chrome Boxes -- Fun Colors, Good Hits

One box of each. Decided to buy myself these two since TTT screwed me on my actual birthday. $180-ish, which to me is a ton of money.

I was avoiding Topps Chrome like the plague since I wasn't huge on the product itself. I don't know why but at $60 through Blowout, it felt like a button I had to push. I wanted a sepia base card because I think they look gorgeous, but I also wanted to "chase" one instead of outright purchase. I got what I wanted and then some.

Yeah yeah, Lawrie's signature sucks and it's runny and myeh myeh myeh, but I'm really happy I got one. We buy these things expecting the Harpers and Darvishes but to hit a GORGEOUS Bauer (the scratch is on the sleeve, not the card) that I'll get graded and that Lawrie (58/75) made my break worthwhile. The Harper is a refractor too! Not numbered. Pacheco is 174/199. I also got a black border of Mark Reynolds.

Onto Finest. I went into this wanting a Freddie Freeman relic auto and--obviously--a Trout auto. I got half of what I wanted.

No Trout base, which stinks, but still some nice color. Got real excited when I saw the orange in the auto slot. Worse players to get on this checklist than Walden, who I think is a great reliever. Sadly, relievers don't fetch dollars or hold value, but oh well. /99 on the Walden, /149 on the Freeman, /199 on the Pineda. Also got a Finest Moments Carl Crawford.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
One box of each. Decided to buy myself these two since TTT screwed me on my actual birthday. $180-ish, which to me is a ton of money.

I was avoiding Topps Chrome like the plague since I wasn't huge on the product itself. I don't know why but at $60 through Blowout, it felt like a button I had to push. I wanted a sepia base card because I think they look gorgeous, but I also wanted to "chase" one instead of outright purchase. I got what I wanted and then some.

Yeah yeah, Lawrie's signature sucks and it's runny and myeh myeh myeh, but I'm really happy I got one. We buy these things expecting the Harpers and Darvishes but to hit a GORGEOUS Bauer (the scratch is on the sleeve, not the card) that I'll get graded and that Lawrie (58/75) made my break worthwhile. The Harper is a refractor too! Not numbered. Pacheco is 174/199. I also got a black border of Mark Reynolds.

Onto Finest. I went into this wanting a Freddie Freeman relic auto and--obviously--a Trout auto. I got half of what I wanted.

No Trout base, which stinks, but still some nice color. Got real excited when I saw the orange in the auto slot. Worse players to get on this checklist than Walden, who I think is a great reliever. Sadly, relievers don't fetch dollars or hold value, but oh well. /99 on the Walden, /149 on the Freeman, /199 on the Pineda. Also got a Finest Moments Carl Crawford.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Did you by any chance pull any Mauer refractors from the Finest? I opened some of it too and had a blast even without pulling any Trout as well
Old 10-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

I got a refractor from Chrome of Mauer, but not Finest.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice box of chrome.
burgbasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Love Chrome. You did well!
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
I got a refractor from Chrome of Mauer, but not Finest.
Darn. I need the Chrome refractor but its not enough for us to deal
Old 10-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
Darn. I need the Chrome refractor but its not enough for us to deal
Shoot me your address. I'm sure I can sort through my stuff and find some Mauer cards in order to make a decent transaction. I collect all Cardinals and am not picky. Let me know if you'd like to work something out, I'm flexible.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sweet Freeman man. One of these days I'm gonna actually pick up some Freeman rookie autos haha.

(I'd try and trade you for it but don't really have anything good of the cards lol.)
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Sweet Freeman man. One of these days I'm gonna actually pick up some Freeman rookie autos haha.

(I'd try and trade you for it but don't really have anything good of the cards lol.)
That's cool, man. Like Freeman a lot, hope his eyes don't get worse.