Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1 Pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage + Question

Bought one pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage at my LCS and pulled this Michael Young Printing Plate. When I turned the card over, I noticed it was missing the hologram sticker normally used on the 1/1's . Can anyone verify if this was a mistake by Topps. Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
1 Pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage + Question-my1.jpg   1 Pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage + Question-my2.jpg  
slugger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not sure if im any help, but, thats a hell of a pull out of 1 pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage! What made you randomly get a pack of that old stuff
sportzluvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

It looks like just an oversight. If you REALLY wanted the sticker, I bet you could write Topps, mail the printing plate in and get it.

Contact info:
Question - Click on the question to view its answer
How can I contact Consumer Relations?

Answer
Our Consumer Relations team will be happy to answer all of your general Topps Sports Cards and/or Entertainment product questions. To reach us by phone, toll-free, dial 1-800-489-9149 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm (ET), Monday through Friday.

You may also send an email message to "Support@etopps.com" (or simply click the "Ask a Question" tab above and complete the on-screen form).
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

yes, it is a mistake by Topps. they emailed me when this was released and said that an employee found the hologram sticker on the floor of the packaging plant. they quickly cross referenced the number and matched it to the Cyan printing plate for Michael Young......JK
Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzluvr1 View Post
Not sure if im any help, but, thats a hell of a pull out of 1 pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage! What made you randomly get a pack of that old stuff
I traded in a stack of commons and he gave me $3 in trade so I thought I would try a pack for fun.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
It looks like just an oversight. If you REALLY wanted the sticker, I bet you could write Topps, mail the printing plate in and get it.

Contact info:
Question - Click on the question to view its answer
How can I contact Consumer Relations?

Answer
Our Consumer Relations team will be happy to answer all of your general Topps Sports Cards and/or Entertainment product questions. To reach us by phone, toll-free, dial 1-800-489-9149 between the hours of 8:30am-4:30pm (ET), Monday through Friday.

You may also send an email message to "Support@etopps.com" (or simply click the "Ask a Question" tab above and complete the on-screen form).

Thanks for the info. I'll try and contact them sometime tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Just got off the phone with Topps and the rep. informed me that some of the 1/1 printing plates from that product did not have the stickers on them. I find that a little strange to be honest with you. Then again he could have been telling me a story just to get me off the phone. I also asked him about my 07 BCDP Michael Burgess Blue Refractor Auto that I pulled last Friday. I was planning on sending it back because it looked like someone took it and rubbed the edges on the ground. He said that Topps wouldn't replace it because it was an older product. So much for that