Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
Maybe he has better things to do than prove to losers on the Internet that he pulled a nice card
Exactly. Im sure all of you were anxiously waiting for my scan. I'd consider getting A life instead of another case of chrome.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14tahunts View Post
Exactly. Im sure all of you were anxiously waiting for my scan. I'd consider getting A life instead of another case of chrome.
Alright, you've gone too far this time. You can talk about whomever you please on these boards but never, I repeat, NEVER talk down to chrome. How dare you.
izybone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #28 (permalink)

LOL no need to be so defensive... If you pulled it awesome you don't need to prove it to anyone. But what I was saying is I have a hard time with these kind of threads/videos that is all.. I will consider getting a life soon I just can't afford it but a case of chrome is in the budget for now.....
Old 11-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #29 (permalink)

Congrats. Nice hit!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #30 (permalink)

Look Gradeable? The only one i seen on ebay is $1499 obo
Old 11-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

Nice hit and good for you, Jim
C&M Sports Memorabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

The best thing I've ever gotten out of those types of boxes was a Derek Jeter common base card from upper deck starquest, so congrats
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

Awesome pull! I have had $900+ pulls from these also. While few and far between. They exist.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afton9444 View Post
Still don't buy it.. all these videos on Youtube these threads... People pulling massive hits out of $10-20 repacked boxes? I always felt it is people that work for the repacking companies just telling people they pulled a massive hit. I have never seen a video of one actually opening one it is always a recap... I wanted to see if there was some gold in these before went out and bought $200 worth at a few different stores one day.. all I got was Kindling for my fire that evening... SO I call BS when people come out saying they pulled these huge hits.. I won't change my mind until it happens in front of me or I know someone that did it personally and I don't know one that has and I know a lot of people that have bought these.
So because I've opened boxes upon boxes of chrome and never hit a super that means I shouldn't believe it when someone else does? That's stupid logic. Either me or my friend have hit these from repacks: Hideki Matsui rc auto, Dan Marino Auto, Willie mays 3000 hit club bat card, Phil Niekro buy back 1/1 auto, plus many many more big hits. There is stuff in retail, it's just extremely difficult to pull
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Look Gradeable? The only one i seen on ebay is $1499 obo
Has a small white corner. But I'm a perfectionist so I see errors in every card haha. I'm holding on until either ROY or a hot start next year
Old 11-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quote:
Has a small white corner. But I'm a perfectionist so I see errors in every card haha. I'm holding on until either ROY or a hot start next year
Without the Harper Auto what would you say about the rest of the box?
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet

Last edited by SportCardBuffet; 11-11-2012 at 03:18 PM.
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
here is the scan

That doesn't exactly prove anything.....I can take a random big value card from my stock and photograph it next to a repack box also...doesn't mean it necessarily came out of that repack.

That said, I buy those repacks all the time, and generally hit at least 2 or 3 $8-$15 cards in each one, with the better pull occasionally....and yes, I've occassionally felt that the packs might have been searched and/or seeded with the occasional better card to guarantee "value".

Among the better cards I've pulled are a 2010 BC Wil Myers Gold Refractor /50, a 2010 Upper Deck Pete Rose SSP, a 2011 Topps Update Gold Mike Trout RC, a 2009 BC WBC Aroldis Chapman Refractor, a 2009 Goodwin Champions Mini Cal Ripken Foil SP, a 2010 BC Topps 100 Stephen Strasburg Refractor, a 2011 Topps Update Variation Joe DiMaggio SP.

All nice cards, but nothing like the rash of high dollar cards that have recently been purported to come out of these repacks.
westerngac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #38 (permalink)

The only thing that bothers me is calling a picture a scan.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly1983pa View Post
So because I've opened boxes upon boxes of chrome and never hit a super that means I shouldn't believe it when someone else does? That's stupid logic. Either me or my friend have hit these from repacks: Hideki Matsui rc auto, Dan Marino Auto, Willie mays 3000 hit club bat card, Phil Niekro buy back 1/1 auto, plus many many more big hits. There is stuff in retail, it's just extremely difficult to pull
So you and your friend have pulled 4+ "many many more" extremely difficult to pull hits from repacks.....are you buying caseloads of these, or did you and your friend just happen to step in a huge pile of luck somewhere along the way?

My experience, buying a lot of these over the last year, is that they generally contain about 25-35 rcs/inserts/"hits", etc. that total around $80-100 BV, with the occasional better $15-$60 hit mixed into the repack...which assures them of providing a better deal than the value quoted on the box.

But these huge pulls that a great number of people have been claiming recently? I've never seen it.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerngac View Post
that doesn't exactly prove anything.....i can take a random big value card from my stock and photograph it next to a repack box also...doesn't mean it necessarily came out of that repack.

Among the better cards i've pulled are a 2010 bc wil myers gold refractor /50, a 2010 upper deck pete rose ssp, a 2011 topps update gold mike trout rc, a 2009 bc wbc aroldis chapman refractor, a 2009 goodwin champions mini cal ripken foil sp, a 2010 bc topps 100 stephen strasburg refractor, a 2011 topps update variation joe dimaggio sp.

All nice cards, but nothing like the rash of high dollar cards that have recently been purported to come out of these repacks.
post pics or it didn't happen
JoshHamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
post pics or it didn't happen
Sure, I'll get right on that for you, Clown College.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #42 (permalink)

Look I'm done trying to prove that I pulled it, you can ask the people I was around. I can promise I had never pulled that card. I opened the pack and thought I had pulled an orange prospect,I pulled back the pedro Alvarez in front of it and after 5 minutes it finally set in what I had.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:47 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
So you and your friend have pulled 4+ "many many more" extremely difficult to pull hits from repacks.....are you buying caseloads of these, or did you and your friend just happen to step in a huge pile of luck somewhere along the way?

My experience, buying a lot of these over the last year, is that they generally contain about 25-35 rcs/inserts/"hits", etc. that total around $80-100 BV, with the occasional better $15-$60 hit mixed into the repack...which assures them of providing a better deal than the value quoted on the box.

But these huge pulls that a great number of people have been claiming recently? I've never seen it.
It's been throughout the 15 years these have been made. I think it's ridiculous that you assume that because you didn't pull anything huge from them that there isn't anything big to be pulled. the Bryce harpers, mike trouts, Stephen strasburgs haven't always been around. So huge dollar cards like this haven't always been around. Nor have the blowout forums. So just because you see someone posting that they got a big hit in repacked boxes lately does not mean that people haven't been hitting big dollar cards from them. The pulls that I mentioned were all pulled around a year or 2 after release. All selling for well over $100. if you get a pack that was "searched" I would bet money that it was a customer that did it and returned it to the store before it was put into the value added boxes. Not the company trying to "add more value" to the boxes
Old 11-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #44 (permalink)

I have pulled some really good hits from these. I pulled a Sosa auto /5, Vlad Guerrero patch, and some other decent hits from these. It is just the luck of the draw.
Artiodactyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly1983pa View Post
It's been throughout the 15 years these have been made. I think it's ridiculous that you assume that because you didn't pull anything huge from them that there isn't anything big to be pulled. the Bryce harpers, mike trouts, Stephen strasburgs haven't always been around. So huge dollar cards like this haven't always been around. Nor have the blowout forums. So just because you see someone posting that they got a big hit in repacked boxes lately does not mean that people haven't been hitting big dollar cards from them. The pulls that I mentioned were all pulled around a year or 2 after release. All selling for well over $100. if you get a pack that was "searched" I would bet money that it was a customer that did it and returned it to the store before it was put into the value added boxes. Not the company trying to "add more value" to the boxes
A customer wouldn't search a pack and either neglect to take a big(ger) hit or add a (at the time) $100 SSP to a pack...a pack that was obviously opened and resealed.

Someone at the marketing firm doing the repacks might, however, if they're trying to spur on sales by adding value to the repacks.

And I'm not saying it's happened with every repack I've bought...but it has happened from time to time that I've noticed certain packs were obviously resealed.....yet I've still pulled the occasional really nice card out of them.

If that's a packsearcher at work prior to the marketing firm getting the packs repackaged, he's either really bad at his craft or pretty damn magnanimous.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
here is the scan
That's a picture...

Please post a scan of the card.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 PM   #47 (permalink)

Is it a sticker or on card auto?
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
A customer wouldn't search a pack and either neglect to take a big(ger) hit or add a (at the time) $100 SSP to a pack...a pack that was obviously opened and resealed.

Someone at the marketing firm doing the repacks might, however, if they're trying to spur on sales by adding value to the repacks.

And I'm not saying it's happened with every repack I've bought...but it has happened from time to time that I've noticed certain packs were obviously resealed.....yet I've still pulled the occasional really nice card out of them.

If that's a packsearcher at work prior to the marketing firm getting the packs repackaged, he's either really bad at his craft or pretty damn magnanimous.
Wait so you're telling me you think it's some conspiracy that they are opening packs and putting bigger hits in them? I thought you were saying you got some packs that you thought were tampered with because you got nothing in them. So you think they would take the time to open a pack, see if there is anything in there, and if not put a decent card in there and seal it back up. That's arguably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on here. Why wouldn't they just do that with the repacked boxes where you get 4 packs and a stack of 100 cards? It would make it easier for them. I am done arguing with you. I feel that debating with you is making me lose brain cells......and I can't afford to lose many more
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM   #49 (permalink)

Don't have a scanner. Did the best I could get over it.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't have a scanner. Did the best I could get over it.
What??? I just wanted to see it closer to see if it was worth making an offer to you for it.

Jesus Christ...you can forget that now....
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote