Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Talking Awesome day at Walmart!!

Picked up a blaster of 2011 Bowman Platinum Baseball for 11.99 and a rack pack of Allen and Ginter for 9 bucks. Got a Don Denkinger relic from Ginter and a MOJO Bryce Harper Auto from the platinum. Overall a great day. Thanks for the read!
foreverlakers32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Wow, what luck!

...packsearcher.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
Wow, what luck!

...packsearcher.
what is a packsearcher? i was buying a BC auto on EBAY and his only neg called him a dirty packsearcher.
FunnyBoxBreak20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

If I ever decide to go pack searching I might just sit down in the middle of the aisle with stacks of blasters and just start opening crap up. Wrappers everywhere.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

sweet! great feeling for $11.99 eh?
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223 View Post
If I ever decide to go pack searching I might just sit down in the middle of the aisle with stacks of blasters and just start opening crap up. Wrappers everywhere.
Its funny you say that...lol Last time I saw a Packsearcher it was a kid at walmart he had every blaster and box spread out on the floor...feeling everything...the disgusting part was his mom told him to keep going while she grocery shopped.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL!! that would be awesome..I wonder what would happen?
Old 12-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have to be honest..I really don't believe that people are pulling Harper autos from WalMart or any other retail store for that matter..these posts are garbage in my opinion
Old 12-05-2012, 02:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Braves View Post
I have to be honest..I really don't believe that people are pulling Harper autos from WalMart or any other retail store for that matter..these posts are garbage in my opinion
Wrong. Pulled one myself from a 2011 Platinum Blaster. Many others here have too.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Wrong. Pulled one myself from a 2011 Platinum Blaster. Many others here have too.
Word to the mother ^^^^^^^^^
Pine Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I pulled a Bryce Harper auto out of a Bowman Chrome blaster from wal-mart. I was just getting back in to the hobby and had little knowledge on what the "hobby" version of a product was.

Been hooked since. Sometimes I think I would have been better off not hitting the darn thing.
poortwinkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poortwinkies View Post
I pulled a Bryce Harper auto out of a Bowman Chrome blaster from wal-mart. I was just getting back in to the hobby and had little knowledge on what the "hobby" version of a product was.

Been hooked since. Sometimes I think I would have been better off not hitting the darn thing.
Probably..man, I must have gone through 20 blasters when I first got back into the hobby not too long ago..the most I pulled was a purple trout refractor from Topps Chrome. If you read the odds on retail packs, you'll see that you're almost better off putting a lighter to your cash. I only bust hobby now, and I actually pulled a Harper auto last week from 2011 BDPP..finally an actual hit! I mostly buy singles though.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I buy retail everytime it drops in large quantities, ive pulled 3 sick harper autos from retail, and several other nice money hits
Collecting Football: GENO SMITH / E.J. MANUEL / Giovani Bernard / Cordarrelle Patterson / Eddie Lacy / Andrew Luck / Russell Wilson Basketball: Michael Carter Williams / Bradley Beal / Blake Griffin / Paul George / Damian Lillard / WNBA: Skylar Diggins
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:07 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
You can doubt all you want, but I pulled 3 Harper autos from 12' platinum retail - 2 ref, and 1 green ref. I also pulled a base auto from an 11' BC value box. Odds are not great, but retail is not to be discounted. Granted, I did buy a lot so to be clear it wasn't like I pulled those cards from a small sample size. I hit 2 of the BP from racks and 1 from a blaster. I also hit a Darvish base auto from 12' TC from a retail box - not a rack or blaster. There are big hits in retail, but the odds are fairly long. I hit another Harper auto (patch auto /25) from Sig Stars from Walmart, but it was a hobby box. By comparison, I easily bought a hobby case of BC and didn't hit anything worth mentioning. Not to mention all the loose hobby packs from my LCS. Though, I did hit a non/auto superfractor of an obscure player from the loose hobby packs. I still get more excited opening hobby, but I don't turn a blind eye to retail.
webb_jr is online now   Reply With Quote