Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASEBALL BOX BREAKS (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-box-breaks/)
-   -   5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-box-breaks/425738-5-topps-value-boxes-last-year-marked-down.html)

HYPTZEMDSTRPLES 01-04-2013 06:51 PM

5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down

5 Attachment(s)
Last week I decided for the helluva it to stop by my Toys 'R Us to see it they had any post Christmas deals.The week before I went there and they had a couple '11 Topps Update blasters marked down.They had some '11 Topps value boxes too at the time, but I passed.So I go back a week later and see all of their cards are "buy one get 2nd half off", so I scoop up all the Topps value boxes they had left hoping for some Trout and Cardinals Diamond Aniversary.Unfortunatley, didn't get either, at least I had fun opening them.Not much to look at, but did get a jersey card and a cool looking Gehrig insert as well as a Chapman RC logo refractor (back of card doesn't even say it's a refractor).All the Harper refractors were the red ones.

Oddly enough, out of all of these I've bought over time, the Bowman Chrome hobby packs have sucked, and the Topps Update retail packs have been pretty good.Pulled a couple jersey cards and autographs out of the Topps Update, but nothing more than a couple lame refractors out of the Bowman Chrome.

HYPTZEMDSTRPLES 01-04-2013 06:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=HYPTZEMDSTRPLES;3954140]Last week I decided for the helluva it to stop by my Toys 'R Us to see it they had any post Christmas deals.The week before I went there and they had a couple '11 Topps Update blasters marked down.They had some '11 Topps value boxes too at the time, but I passed.So I go back a week later and see all of their cards are "buy one get 2nd half off", so I scoop up all the Topps value boxes they had left hoping for some Trout and Cardinals Diamond Aniversary.Unfortunatley, didn't get either, at least I had fun opening them.Not much to look at, but did get a jersey card and a cool looking Gehrig insert as well as a Chapman RC logo refractor (back of card doesn't even say it's a refractor).All the Harper refractors were the red ones.

Oddly enough, out of all of these I've bought over time, the Bowman Chrome hobby packs have sucked, and the Topps Update retail packs have been pretty good.Pulled a couple jersey cards and autographs out of the Topps Update, but nothing more than a couple lame refractors out of the Bowman Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough, hit 2 of the gold cards of the same player.Too bad it wasn't Trout.

BBCollector99 01-05-2013 12:48 AM

Not too bad!

jdbuzz44 01-05-2013 12:15 PM

how much are they marked down too at Toyrus now??

HYPTZEMDSTRPLES 01-05-2013 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=jdbuzz44;3958202]how much are they marked down too at Toyrus now??[/QUOTE]

They were $18, but with "buy one get 2nd half off" I thought they were worth the risk.Be careful what you get there though, they still have '11 Topps Chrome marked at $28 a blaster.

dlcarst 01-05-2013 09:43 PM

I went today, unfortunately no buy one get one half off. And yeah, they had 2011 series 2 blasters for 28 bucks...probably a few layers of dust on that one.

HYPTZEMDSTRPLES 01-07-2013 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=dlcarst;3962397]I went today, unfortunately no buy one get one half off. And yeah, they had 2011 series 2 blasters for 28 bucks...probably a few layers of dust on that one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the "buy one get 2nd half off" was only for a week or so after Christmas.Those $28 blasters will have a mountain of dust on them before too long.So, yours had last year's value boxes?How many did they have?

dlcarst 01-07-2013 06:29 PM

They had three, I only bought one at $18, got nothing but hey the red Harper gets me back a couple bucks anyways. I've bought about 12 of them over the last year, and the first one I bought had a gold refractor, but nothing since, not even a Trout, before or after his crazy popularity. Still fun to open though! I've been tempted to pick up the other two...

HYPTZEMDSTRPLES 01-07-2013 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=dlcarst;3976953]They had three, I only bought one at $18, got nothing but hey the red Harper gets me back a couple bucks anyways. I've bought about 12 of them over the last year, and the first one I bought had a gold refractor, but nothing since, not even a Trout, before or after his crazy popularity. Still fun to open though! I've been tempted to pick up the other two...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've bought a bunch too, only hit one Trout out of all of them somehow.Still hit some other good cards though.Got an autograph/relic out of one of them.I only hit one Harper gold refractor too, maybe 2 silver.They are fun to rip, though they seem to be boom or bust.