Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down

Last week I decided for the helluva it to stop by my Toys 'R Us to see it they had any post Christmas deals.The week before I went there and they had a couple '11 Topps Update blasters marked down.They had some '11 Topps value boxes too at the time, but I passed.So I go back a week later and see all of their cards are "buy one get 2nd half off", so I scoop up all the Topps value boxes they had left hoping for some Trout and Cardinals Diamond Aniversary.Unfortunatley, didn't get either, at least I had fun opening them.Not much to look at, but did get a jersey card and a cool looking Gehrig insert as well as a Chapman RC logo refractor (back of card doesn't even say it's a refractor).All the Harper refractors were the red ones.

Oddly enough, out of all of these I've bought over time, the Bowman Chrome hobby packs have sucked, and the Topps Update retail packs have been pretty good.Pulled a couple jersey cards and autographs out of the Topps Update, but nothing more than a couple lame refractors out of the Bowman Chrome.
Attached Thumbnails
5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010635.jpg   5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010637.jpg   5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010639.jpg   5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010641.jpg   5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010642.jpg  

HYPTZEMDSTRPLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPTZEMDSTRPLES View Post
Last week I decided for the helluva it to stop by my Toys 'R Us to see it they had any post Christmas deals.The week before I went there and they had a couple '11 Topps Update blasters marked down.They had some '11 Topps value boxes too at the time, but I passed.So I go back a week later and see all of their cards are "buy one get 2nd half off", so I scoop up all the Topps value boxes they had left hoping for some Trout and Cardinals Diamond Aniversary.Unfortunatley, didn't get either, at least I had fun opening them.Not much to look at, but did get a jersey card and a cool looking Gehrig insert as well as a Chapman RC logo refractor (back of card doesn't even say it's a refractor).All the Harper refractors were the red ones.

Oddly enough, out of all of these I've bought over time, the Bowman Chrome hobby packs have sucked, and the Topps Update retail packs have been pretty good.Pulled a couple jersey cards and autographs out of the Topps Update, but nothing more than a couple lame refractors out of the Bowman Chrome.
Oddly enough, hit 2 of the gold cards of the same player.Too bad it wasn't Trout.
Attached Thumbnails
5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010644.jpg   5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010645.jpg   5 Topps Value Boxes From Last Year Marked Down-p1010646.jpg  
Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Not too bad!
BBCollector99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

how much are they marked down too at Toyrus now??
jdbuzz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbuzz44 View Post
how much are they marked down too at Toyrus now??
They were $18, but with "buy one get 2nd half off" I thought they were worth the risk.Be careful what you get there though, they still have '11 Topps Chrome marked at $28 a blaster.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I went today, unfortunately no buy one get one half off. And yeah, they had 2011 series 2 blasters for 28 bucks...probably a few layers of dust on that one.
dlcarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcarst View Post
I went today, unfortunately no buy one get one half off. And yeah, they had 2011 series 2 blasters for 28 bucks...probably a few layers of dust on that one.
Yeah, I think the "buy one get 2nd half off" was only for a week or so after Christmas.Those $28 blasters will have a mountain of dust on them before too long.So, yours had last year's value boxes?How many did they have?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

They had three, I only bought one at $18, got nothing but hey the red Harper gets me back a couple bucks anyways. I've bought about 12 of them over the last year, and the first one I bought had a gold refractor, but nothing since, not even a Trout, before or after his crazy popularity. Still fun to open though! I've been tempted to pick up the other two...
dlcarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcarst View Post
They had three, I only bought one at $18, got nothing but hey the red Harper gets me back a couple bucks anyways. I've bought about 12 of them over the last year, and the first one I bought had a gold refractor, but nothing since, not even a Trout, before or after his crazy popularity. Still fun to open though! I've been tempted to pick up the other two...
Yeah, I've bought a bunch too, only hit one Trout out of all of them somehow.Still hit some other good cards though.Got an autograph/relic out of one of them.I only hit one Harper gold refractor too, maybe 2 silver.They are fun to rip, though they seem to be boom or bust.