Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default $20 Wal-Mart Chrome A&G repacks

Anyone pull some hits out of these? Went downhill quick for me after pulling the Hamilton auto on my first repack of the old style.
We live in a country where Rosa Parks had the courage and conviction to sit down long enough to start a revolution that lead to Al Sharpton screaming racism every time Barry Bonds gets indicted for taking performance enhancing drugs in order to break a home run record set by a black man who didn't even have the benefit of Advil.
66_Fiat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Well, they didn't have the Chrome/A&G repack boxes, so I grabbed the last blaster (which I loathe) of '12 A&G. Just got done reading about resealed blasters...one of the mini cards, someone must have resealed the pack after they wrote with a blue pen 1/25 on the back. They didn't even use a red sharpie! WTF?!
We live in a country where Rosa Parks had the courage and conviction to sit down long enough to start a revolution that lead to Al Sharpton screaming racism every time Barry Bonds gets indicted for taking performance enhancing drugs in order to break a home run record set by a black man who didn't even have the benefit of Advil.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Pulled a Pedroia Relic out of my only one. Was hoping for more platinum & chrome packs but kinda figured all the hidden packs would be a & g (except 1)
JoeD617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

I did get a Posada jersey relic in the box...too bad I'm a Sox fan!
Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66_Fiat View Post
Well, they didn't have the Chrome/A&G repack boxes, so I grabbed the last blaster (which I loathe) of '12 A&G. Just got done reading about resealed blasters...one of the mini cards, someone must have resealed the pack after they wrote with a blue pen 1/25 on the back. They didn't even use a red sharpie! WTF?!
lol they are written in blue pen on the minis im pretty sure. think about why someone would want to open a blaster just to write in blue pen on the back of a mini then reseal the blaster...
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
lol they are written in blue pen on the minis im pretty sure. think about why someone would want to open a blaster just to write in blue pen on the back of a mini then reseal the blaster...
That's exactly what I've been sitting here wondering

Is this some sort of insert? If so, what keeps someone from just hand-numbering any mini card?

ETA: nevermind...found them listed on ebay. Are these specific to the red backs only?

Last edited by 66_Fiat; 01-15-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Is this some sort of insert? If so, what keeps someone from just hand-numbering any mini card?

ETA: nevermind...found them listed on ebay. Are these specific to the red backs only?
Lol. what kind of jerk would write on the back of a mini and reseal. Quick, sell it to me for $1.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGeezy View Post
Lol. what kind of jerk would write on the back of a mini and reseal. Quick, sell it to me for $1.
Sell it to me for one-fiddy
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

These are No numbered minis, #/25 actually pretty hard to get
Group Breaks: Flawless 3 Caser and Immaculate 3 Caser
Pejarox7620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
GIFSoup
ckelly1983pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

There are no numbered mini's which are not serial numbered and there are baseball back minis which replaced bazooka backs in the 2012 set and are hand numbered in blue pen /25.
yrocks2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone pull some hits out of these? Went downhill quick for me after pulling the Hamilton auto on my first repack of the old style.
Pulled a Jarrod Parker black auto numbered to 100 out of one of the topps chrome packs, and acouple of decent base out of bowman platinum(Trout, Strasburg)out of the one box I've opened. A fun break, although I would like some more chrome or platinum packs, since I'm not the biggest fan of A&G...
robwhois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly1983pa View Post
Exactly how I felt after I realized what it was.

Last edited by 66_Fiat; 01-15-2013 at 04:17 PM.