Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger221166 View Post
sick box, I'd take it
You and me both haha
Old 01-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #27 (permalink)

Sweet Addison Russell!

I like how towards the end you just stopped talking all together, just let the cards do the talking....hilarious.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
People would be pissed Topps isn't spreading the love around. The point is about the terrible collation, not the player.
No shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

Imagine he becomes the next best thing in Cincinnati...
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

someone was stoned at Topps while packing this box an absolute

embarassment.
kidlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #31 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

that was good, whoever had the reds hit BIG
Old 01-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

I enjoyed watching that break!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #33 (permalink)

Hah! This is insane! I am curious to find out what Topps does about this, if anything.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #34 (permalink)

How the hell does this happen.... Some QC there. I would have to assume the other boxes after this one had them also!
mikemaynard25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:49 PM   #35 (permalink)

They really dropped the ball on that one, how did that redemption get in there.
hearseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Oh gosh I love this video, so great lol
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearseguy View Post
They really dropped the ball on that one, how did that redemption get in there.
I was actually wondering the same thing. Since the machine clearly got stuck that first pack should have had 3 Winker autos in it to. Thats probably even weirder than the fact that the rest of the packs in the box contained all Winkers

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Somebody needs to pull the Winker out of their ears and pay attention when packing boxes. That is sad
BroncosFAN#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snajuice View Post
skip to 1:50 break starts
This guy holds each pack he opens for like 30 seconds. I'm like huh? 4 minutes to open 2 packs. Waste of time. At least there is a Gold /50 Winker in there. Can't complain. If it was a box full of Trout autos would there be complaints? I think not.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhiggs View Post
This guy holds each pack he opens for like 30 seconds. I'm like huh? 4 minutes to open 2 packs. Waste of time. At least there is a Gold /50 Winker in there. Can't complain. If it was a box full of Trout autos would there be complaints? I think not.
But that seems to be the problem with boxes like this, it's never all Mike Trout or Bryce Harper boxes. I remember last year when Topps Inception hit, people were getting boxes where all three hits were the same D level player. Of course you'd be upset, but people said the same thing as this, "You'd be crazy happy if it were all Cam Newton cards." But it never is. That's the problem.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #41 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store

Quite funny to watch, thanks for the post!
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:42 AM   #42 (permalink)

Could have always been worse. Pat Light redemption cards. Or a box full of the prospect code cards.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhiggs View Post
I am the "Breaker" on this one !! lol.... Kind of a unique situation to not hold the cards out there besides camera has to focus. It is an 8 minute video and the box is opened at the 2 minute mark leaving 6 minutes to open 6 packs putting it at 1 minute per pack.... "I'm like huh? 4 minutes to open 2 packs" does this mean I opened 4 packs in the remaining 2 minutes ? J/S

As far as Topps, they have been both emailed and tweeted on the issue and I have heard nothing back from either. I will give them till tomorrow then call them.

As far as if this was 17 of someone else, it would still be the same situation, 1 extremely happy member and 11 upset ones so I would be doing the same thing and contacting Topps. This was a 3 box Sterling Break of 2010, 2011 & 2012 so there was more product opened for this same break but I started a new recording to be sure it got saved for proof this had happened. The craziest part is this was a Team Draft and the member that took the Reds is a HUGE Reds PC Collector !!

Thanks, Scott
mesellucards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #44 (permalink)

that's just wacky, i am in shock. now i have to go to the bathroom.
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #45 (permalink)

It's a pretty crazy thing to have happen, but you're rolling the dice every time you open a box. What if there happened to be 9 different prospects for one team and the box had 2 autos of each one? You'd be in the same situation since all the cards would be going to one guy, but it could have just been a random luck of the draw. There are no guarantees when breaking a product like this, so if the guys who bought the other teams are mad, then they don't understand the risk associated with breaking boxes. I'd be VERY surprised if Topps did anything...and if they do, they'll want all the cards back. IMO, sending the cards back is 100% out of the question. The guy who bought the Reds deserves the cards and the other guys deserve a little better luck next time.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:13 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85GoCards View Post
It's a pretty crazy thing to have happen, but you're rolling the dice every time you open a box. What if there happened to be 9 different prospects for one team and the box had 2 autos of each one? You'd be in the same situation since all the cards would be going to one guy, but it could have just been a random luck of the draw. There are no guarantees when breaking a product like this, so if the guys who bought the other teams are mad, then they don't understand the risk associated with breaking boxes. I'd be VERY surprised if Topps did anything...and if they do, they'll want all the cards back. IMO, sending the cards back is 100% out of the question. The guy who bought the Reds deserves the cards and the other guys deserve a little better luck next time.
you can't possibly think that there isn't a problem with the contents of the box. what if you had opened a topps series one box and all the cards were the same player? just bad luck?
VWBUS1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Acting like this had anything to do with luck is absurd, and the fact you think sois hilarious. you're probably the guy that #@#@#@#@ed up at topps.
big4mi2ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:47 PM   #48 (permalink)

I could call Topps and complain they shorted you a Winker auto
Cubs_rock21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #49 (permalink)

Yeah, regardless of who the player was, the problem is that you got 17 autographs of the same player, and of course the only non Winker auto you got was a redemption. The odds of that are pretty hard to imagine. How Topps could have let this through to the public is pretty crazy. Thank goodness it was on tape, otherwise nobody on here would believe you and Topps would tell you to get bent. Hope you get a replacement box for this, I think that's all people would want in the end.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:17 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
But it wasnt 9 different players, it was ONE player. If one box of sterling happens to have a duplicate in it no one complains about that. They may wonder why there wasnt better collation but its not something anyone would get worked up over. But this is different. I am very surprised you seem to have no problem with the fact the box got packed like this. This is obviously a situation in which the sorting machine got stuck on one stack of cards. No box would ever 'randomly' have 17 of the 18 autos be the same player. While it was not intentional on the printer's part, it is still something that happened and needs to be addressed. Also, you would be VERY surprised if Topps did anything? LMFAO are you kidding? They better do something about it. The shocker would be if Topps doesn't do anything. I am sure they will just send over a new box as soon as they reply to this guys email/tweet.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote