Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2010 TC rack packs

I've never been tempted to post anything here but for some reason I am today. Went to Toys R' Us to search for the latest Skylanders for my son. As most of you know it is impossible to not at least check out the card section if you are in a store that has one. I sauntered over to the barren and overpriced section and saw nothing of interest. Unable to walk away without anything at all I grabbed the two 2010 Topps Chrome rack packs that had been marked down to $3.99 each.

I got home and ripped them open expecting warped and worthless crap. I opened the orange refractors first and pulled a Strasburg RC. Nice, paid for both racks already. Then I open the three packs and got a Heyward X-Fractor RC although poorly centered. I am fully content with my purchase and the second rack can contain all Chone Figgins cards and I would be happy.

Second rack, oranges yield nothing. 1st pack, zilch although better than Chone cards. 2nd, more warped nothing. Third pack, WTH? Really? I mean, really?

Giancarlo (don't call me Mike) Stanton auto RC. I collect these and have purchased about 15 but never thought I would pull one much less three years after the fact in a discounted retail rack pack. It is centered pretty good and auto is flawless too. I have little doubt it will get a BGS 9.5. I know it isn't the latest invisfractor auto of the next great hype but to me it is fantastic. Sorry about lack of picks. I tried and it failed and I don't use PB.

Last edited by jmscoggin; 02-14-2013 at 06:38 PM.
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Must ... go back to Toysrus ... and get ... that last 2010 Chrome rack pack ...

Seriously, I was just there not 2 hours ago, noticed they had one of these on the shelf marked down to $3.99 ... but I just finished completing my 2010 TC base set and have no need to buy any more of the super-warped stuff, even at that price.

All that said ... man, what a heckuva find you had!
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Must ... go back to Toysrus ... and get ... that last 2010 Chrome rack pack ...

Seriously, I was just there not 2 hours ago, noticed they had one of these on the shelf marked down to $3.99 ... but I just finished completing my 2010 TC base set and have no need to buy any more of the super-warped stuff, even at that price.

All that said ... man, what a heckuva find you had!
I'd say so. Like I posted, I would have been happy with the Stras and Heyward but the Stanton was just awesome. Probably nicer than the 15 I have purchased. I'm not sure I can recommend going back to TRU and picking it up but if it was anything like either of mine you never know. They are usually junk.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice! I've heard invisa-autos are tough pulls.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
Nice! I've heard invisa-autos are tough pulls.
I won't quit until I pull my first.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well, while at TRU earlier, they said that they would be unpacking some Skylanders later. I called tonight and they said sure enough they had the one we were looking for (Thumpback, for the sake of the story). Back to the store we went.

As you can probably guess I was forced to go check out the cards again. I bought 10 2013 Topps packs for the exclusive purples. Nothing special but I did get a purple Stanton so that is very good.

Also, for some stupid reason, I grabbed one of those Best of 2012 boxes. Pulled a TC Betances auto, Bowman paper blue Mike Olt auto and a BC blue refractor Rafael Ortega. Almost made me want to buy a lottery ticket but I normally have horrible luck so I decided not to push it.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Do the TRU packs all contain purples?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpNewdle View Post
Do the TRU packs all contain purples?
No, they have single packs in packages that have three purples. essentially you get a single pack of 2013 Topps and three purples for $2.99. Purples are selling well. The blasters, hangers and racks have no purple inserts.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

K. To bad my toys r us card section is non existant
Old 02-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Man, I opened like 30 of these when they were on sale at Meijer last year and got a worthless auto and no orange Strasburgs. The only Strasburg I actually got was an x-fractor that was damaged I think You did really well!
DaBaddestHic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBaddestHic View Post
Man, I opened like 30 of these when they were on sale at Meijer last year and got a worthless auto and no orange Strasburgs. The only Strasburg I actually got was an x-fractor that was damaged I think You did really well!
I know, I got back into the hobby just last year and missed 2010 product when new. I did buy some of this last year though and got violated. I expected more of the same yesterday and bam. I still can't believe the Stanton's sell so cheap, it is why I have purchased so many. They are far from my most valuable cards but I like them so much. Can't believe I actually pulled one. The Stras and Heyward are nice but I don't PC them. They are COMC bound. Not a huge total value but the ROI on the day was one of my best ever.