Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

Just saw the break. Certainly not amazing, but no errors on those. The error boxes were a single BGS 9 Blue Ref or single BGS 9 chrome.

The Black Cartoon Cards are base and are not numbered.

Guys,

Just a couple points to consider...

i) The top 80 Slabs in the product have an approx Ebay value of over $40,000. It's simply not possible to pack out some of the lower end boxes with higher value without major changes to the top end. Keep in mind that even if the other boxes averaged $50 / box that's an additional $21,000. And within that are countless $150, $250, $350 cards not equated in the above $40,000 figure.

ii) My impression from many of the responses is people would like a higher baseline return on every box. No problem, but in order to do that some big hits will need to be eliminated.

Please ignore the countless claims about the huge amount of profit that was garnered from this release. It is utter hogwash. I stated that the margins here are almost exactly in line with Leafs best of product, with one major difference, we only made 500 boxes. I have watched, and I am listening. We are working right now on trying to add as much value as we possibly can to series 2 in order to satisfy everyone. Prospect Rush is a gamble, no doubt about it. Some will win, but more will lose. My goal is to try and make the losses as fair as possible. We will see how we do in August on trying to reach that goal.

Thanks for the support, and good luck!

Last edited by Major_League; 03-15-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_League View Post
Just saw the break. Certainly not amazing, but no errors on those. The error boxes were a single BGS 9 Blue Ref or single BGS 9 chrome.

Guys,

i) The top 80 Slabs in the product have an approx Ebay value of over $40,000. It's simply not possible to pack out some of the lower end boxes with higher value without major changes to the top end. Keep in mind that even if the other boxes averaged $50 / box that's an additional $21,000. And within that are countless $150, $250, $350 cards not equated in the above $40,000 figure.

ii) My impression from many of the responses is people would like a higher baseline return on every box. No problem, but in order to do that some big hits will need to be eliminated.

Please ignore the countless claims about the huge amount of profit that was garnered from this release. It is utter hogwash. I stated that the margins here are almost exactly in line with Leafs best of product, with one major difference, we only made 500 boxes. I have watched, and I am listening. We are working right now on trying to add as much value as we possibly can to series 2 in order to satisfy everyone. Prospect Rush is a gamble, no doubt about it. Some will win, but more will lose. My goal is to try and make the losses as fair as possible. We will see how we do in August on trying to reach that goal.

Personally, I like the break down. That third box was brutal, but I've purchased $200 worth of chrome and gotten far less (we all have). Most of these boxes seem to give you one nice card at least, with the odds of hitting it big. I purchased two already (will be here wednesday) and am looking at purchasing more.
batottu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:

Guys,

not even ok imo.... better luck next time tho gosteeler..
og_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by og_monster View Post
not even ok imo.... better luck next time tho gosteeler..
Which part is not ok? Please clarify, thanks.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #30 (permalink)

Why does the Taveras slab have it as an auto. Am I missing something?
Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Why does the Taveras slab have it as an auto. Am I missing something?
Bgs slab error unfortunately. We did not notice these prior to pack out. Out mistake, it should have been caught. I have PM'd the OP for his address and will send him a properly labeled Taveras 9.5 Chrome.

Last edited by Major_League; 03-15-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Bgs slab error unfortunately. We did not notice these prior to pack out. Out mistake, it should have been caught. I have PM'd the OP for his address and will send him a properly labeled Taveras 9.5 Chrome.
i appreciate the offer, but i'm not looking or expecting anything. i've been breaking cases long enough to understand how things can go. i could have easily pulled the top three cards in the product...... maybe next time it will be different for me.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #33 (permalink)

At $200.00 a Box that was real rough!! I've got a few Eric Arce Chrome Auto's maybe I could sell them back to the Mfg. of Prospect Rush, PM me I will give you a good deal!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-15-2013 at 07:23 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
At $200.00 a Box that was real rough!! I've got a few Eric Arce Chrome Auto's maybe I could sell them back to the Mfg. of Prospect Rush, PM me I will give you a good deal!!
Thanks for your feedback.

While Arce is obviously not a big hit, the bonus cards were inserted completely randomly. I'm certain the buyers that receive the multiple Bautista chrome autos, Panik Gold Auto, Patches /5, and Red Refractors as additional bonuses will appreciate them.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
i sort of like the cartoon cards.........does anyone know what the numbering on the back of the cartoon cards is about? two are numbered and aren't........
I'm assuming some sort of short printing mechanism to at least try to create some modicum of value from these cartoons.
phabphour20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Again, the odds of pulling the Super's in this product is far and away better than in Bowman prodcuts. Can't have your cake and eat it too. ML, if I can grab extra cash for the next installment, I'd buy a box. I think you did a great job with this. And you're trying, and succeeding with customer service.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback.

While Arce is obviously not a big hit, the bonus cards were inserted completely randomly. I'm certain the buyers that receive the multiple Bautista chrome autos, Panik Gold Auto, Patches /5, and Red Refractors as additional bonuses will appreciate them.
I've got a somewhat unrelated question ML. Will there be another set or installment of this released? I see BO is sold out, but I'd love to get a box or two. Looks like a nice product.

Plus, I like supporting a fellow Canuck .

EDIT: just saw Blowout has some boxes in. Might have to pick one up!

Last edited by GoJays; 03-15-2013 at 09:13 PM.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #38 (permalink)

My thoughts since I was the one with the single blue refractor error box, I knew I was gambling when I bought the box. I also know this is being ran by a very respected member on here. My opinion about what to change would be this. Guaranty at least 1 auto per box. I would rather have a lower graded prospect auto then a graded base or refractor. Either way I'm sure I'll gamble again when series 2 comes out!
nadeauman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I've got a somewhat unrelated question ML. Will there be another set or installment of this released? I see BO is sold out, but I'd love to get a box or two. Looks like a nice product.

Plus, I like supporting a fellow Canuck .

EDIT: just saw Blowout has some boxes in. Might have to pick one up!
Yes, Blowout has a very limited # available. Series 2 will release at the Nationals in Chicago ...I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadeauman33 View Post
My thoughts since I was the one with the single blue refractor error box, I knew I was gambling when I bought the box. I also know this is being ran by a very respected member on here. My opinion about what to change would be this. Guaranty at least 1 auto per box. I would rather have a lower graded prospect auto then a graded base or refractor. Either way I'm sure I'll gamble again when series 2 comes out!
Agreed. Our second release will be different. This is certainly on the radar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phabphour20 View Post
I'm assuming some sort of short printing mechanism to at least try to create some modicum of value from these cartoons.
Not necessarily for value, but more to give the younger ones a chance to hit an SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Again, the odds of pulling the Super's in this product is far and away better than in Bowman prodcuts. Can't have your cake and eat it too. ML, if I can grab extra cash for the next installment, I'd buy a box. I think you did a great job with this. And you're trying, and succeeding with customer service.
Thank you sir!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #40 (permalink)

Where's the ARod super/Taveras 10 unsigned auto guy? He'd like to know there's more of those Taveras autos.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #41 (permalink)

Those cartoon cards are terrible. I like this product less and less by the day.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #42 (permalink)

This is just like any other product. If you don't like it don't buy it. It is not for everyone. Me personally, I like a product limited to 500 packs/boxes with a 1 in 125 chance of pulling a superfractor autograph plus many other huge hits. I think they should do a release with one superfractor per box and maybe 15 or so being autos. It would be a little more expensive and maybe limited to 200 boxes, but it would be a cool product. I would buy one.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordell1 View Post
This is just like any other product. If you don't like it don't buy it. It is not for everyone. Me personally, I like a product limited to 500 packs/boxes with a 1 in 125 chance of pulling a superfractor autograph plus many other huge hits. I think they should do a release with one superfractor per box and maybe 15 or so being autos. It would be a little more expensive and maybe limited to 200 boxes, but it would be a cool product. I would buy one.
A little more expensive? It's be like a $1000 a box haha.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree with the profit issues surrounding this. Major_League is running a company called Prospect Rush and he can choose what the price of the product is. It is your choice to buy the product.
I choose who I like and don't like.
CardsCardsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #45 (permalink)

I'm sorry that happened to you man.

Listen next time you would like to take this type of gamble pm me.

I will put 500 envelopes on my table and sell them for the very low price of $200... I know it seems like a bit but listen to what you could get....

In one of those envelopes will be FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS! OMG JEZZZZZZ!!

Could be yours!!

In 50 of these envelopes I will put in $400 dollars

Double up!!

and in the rest of the envelopes I will put in $30 - $100

Small gamble.
(Some other sucker will get those! Don't you worry about it! You'll be counting you money from the 5k envelope!)

Except you never had a chance at the 5k envelope. See I held back an envelope or two
And the only one counting money is me.

This isn't a company guys. Its nonsense.

Now I know some people will play the odds card... and ML might have actually packed out (or had his third party... who made mistakes ) ALL the chasers (and the third party didn't mess that up)

I think you odds where toast from the beginning.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyzqna View Post
I'm sorry that happened to you man.

Listen next time you would like to take this type of gamble pm me.

I will put 500 envelopes on my table and sell them for the very low price of $200... I know it seems like a bit but listen to what you could get....

In one of those envelopes will be FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS! OMG JEZZZZZZ!!

Could be yours!!

In 50 of these envelopes I will put in $400 dollars

Double up!!

and in the rest of the envelopes I will put in $30 - $100

Small gamble.
(Some other sucker will get those! Don't you worry about it! You'll be counting you money from the 5k envelope!)

Except you never had a chance at the 5k envelope. See I held back an envelope or two
And the only one counting money is me.

This isn't a company guys. Its nonsense.

Now I know some people will play the odds card... and ML might have actually packed out (or had his third party... who made mistakes ) ALL the chasers (and the third party didn't mess that up)

I think you odds where toast from the beginning.
You didn't even buy the product, nor do you have the grounds to call him out on that. So please, quit while you're behind.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppsfan View Post
You didn't even buy the product, nor do you have the grounds to call him out on that. So please, quit while you're behind.
Of course I didn't buy this product! I was intrigued at the prospects (see what I did there) of pulling a Austin Meadows Orange Refractor auto... then I did a little research and saw it for what it was (again... these are mystery packs. Nothing more nothing less. Certainly not a "company" as you and others seem to believe.

And sir, this is a public forum. I can post my opinion.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Of course I didn't buy this product! I was intrigued at the prospects (see what I did there) of pulling a Austin Meadows Orange Refractor auto... then I did a little research and saw it for what it was (again... these are mystery packs. Nothing more nothing less. Certainly not a "company" as you and others seem to believe.

And sir, this is a public forum. I can post my opinion.
How old are you? Have you ever been to school? Do you even know what creating a company entails? Have you ever heard of a small business?

These might be new terms to you and I encourage you to research the answers before making such ignorant statements on this public forum to spare you the public humiliation.
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhendrix1303 View Post
How old are you? Have you ever been to school? Do you even know what creating a company entails? Have you ever heard of a small business?

These might be new terms to you and I encourage you to research the answers before making such ignorant statements on this public forum to spare you the public humiliation.

Sir, no need to question my age or intelligence.

Lets have a grown up conversation.

To answer your question (that was embedded in... I count 4 maybe five "slights" towards my character) yes. Yes I do understand what it takes to start up a company. I don't for a second think that these mystery packs had a net SV of 100k. I do think that alott of folks are going to get $35 dollars and a cartoon card for their $200.

Your thoughts?
Old 03-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Sir, no need to question my age or intelligence.

Lets have a grown up conversation.

To answer your question (that was embedded in... I count 4 maybe five "slights" towards my character) yes. Yes I do understand what it takes to start up a company. I don't for a second think that these mystery packs had a net SV of 100k. I do think that alott of folks are going to get $35 dollars and a cartoon card for their $200.

Your thoughts?
Then you've already proven that your previous statement was just trolling because you understand the minimal requirements of a small business.

How is this different from other products by any top card companies? Topps Supreme has some of the lowest return for the amount of money. I've seen thousands of dollars of product opened that wouldn't have even returned 10% of the original price of the unopened boxes. Are there big hits? Certainly! Should I get 1 jersey card of Egnew for $100? That's highway robbery.

Is Topps doing the same in your opinion?
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote