Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
tpdst2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 867
Default Solid Bowman 13 Blaster and More!

Stopped at Target and snagged a Bowman 13 blaster out of the box sitting next to the shelf

Grabbed a 12 bowman blaster for fun too, and a rack of drafts and prospects I believe (2011?) for 5 bucks.



and the rest non Bowman 13 worth mention



Tyler Anderson may have the worst auto I've ever seen.

Thanks for looking!
__________________
Hailing from the city of yinzers
tpdst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,715
Default

nice break.... looks like he was having a stroke on that one ....
ucsdmed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
centereacan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 10,800
Default

Not sure if the Harper is from 2013 Bowman, or 2011 Draft.....

Nice break! That Anderson auto is horrendous.
__________________
Currently Buying/Trading For - Daniel Robertson
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5
Default

I can't believe that card companies allow athletes to get away with "give-up" autographs like that Tyler Anderson example. Card companies pay athletes to sign cards and/or stickers to sell to collectors and should demand that they get what they've paid for.

You'd think that Topps/Panini/Upper Deck would get on the phone with Tyler Anderson and other sloppy signers and say: "Look, Tyler, you're autograph is not cutting it. If you want your check for signing autographs, you need to actually sign an autograph. We've overnighted 1,500 cards. We expect them to be signed with a real autograph and to be in the mail tomorrow or you're not getting paid."

A hard-line might not work with Major League All-Stars, but you'd think that they could at least bully some minor league prospects into signing decent autographs. Sloppy signatures like that kill card values. It's up to the card companies to demand better quality.
FenwayStarCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
go_steelers07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: No. VA
Posts: 9,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Not sure if the Harper is from 2013 Bowman, or 2011 Draft.....

Nice break! That Anderson auto is horrendous.
i think the harper is one of the Blue Sapphire parallels from 2013 Bowman.....
__________________
A wise man once said, **All Food Turns Into P00P**
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
tpdst2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
Not sure if the Harper is from 2013 Bowman, or 2011 Draft.....

Nice break! That Anderson auto is horrendous.
Thanks for checking it out.

The top scan is all from the bowman 13 blaster.

The bottom scan is not.

And I didn't even notice the Anderson was an autographed card my first time thru the bowman 12 blaster, it's bad.
__________________
Hailing from the city of yinzers
tpdst2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
centereacan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 10,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
i think the harper is one of the Blue Sapphire parallels from 2013 Bowman.....
Yeah, that's what I originally though, too. Just thought it was pretty funny how he also broke some 2011 Draft, but pulled the Harper from 2013.
__________________
Currently Buying/Trading For - Daniel Robertson
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Mike_333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 217
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayStarCards View Post
I can't believe that card companies allow athletes to get away with "give-up" autographs like that Tyler Anderson example. Card companies pay athletes to sign cards and/or stickers to sell to collectors and should demand that they get what they've paid for.

You'd think that Topps/Panini/Upper Deck would get on the phone with Tyler Anderson and other sloppy signers and say: "Look, Tyler, you're autograph is not cutting it. If you want your check for signing autographs, you need to actually sign an autograph. We've overnighted 1,500 cards. We expect them to be signed with a real autograph and to be in the mail tomorrow or you're not getting paid."

A hard-line might not work with Major League All-Stars, but you'd think that they could at least bully some minor league prospects into signing decent autographs. Sloppy signatures like that kill card values. It's up to the card companies to demand better quality.
I agree with everything you said.
Mike_333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,589
Default

Nice break! But that Anderson auto is a downright disgrace. Glad he gives 2 craps about the collectors who pull his auto.
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.