Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default I am going to go buy a box of Bowman 13 Jumbo

I tried to buy into DT's 10 case break today and failed

I have reserved spots in other breaks that are taking forever

I am bored out of my mind (and I have had 8 Coors Lights)

I convinced my girlfriend to take me to the mall to buy an HTA of Bowman

I will post the results good or bad when I return and open them

I have a good feeling about this
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Junior Griffey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,098
Default

Buy more than one!
__________________
Collecting University of Michigan alum 1/1's in football and basketball. I also collect Ken Griffey Jr. autos, Chicago Blackhawks, and Kobe Bryant autos.
Junior Griffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
jewcer2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
I tried to buy into DT's 10 case break today and failed

I have reserved spots in other breaks that are taking forever

I am bored out of my mind (and I have had 8 Coors Lights)

I convinced my girlfriend to take me to the mall to buy an HTA of Bowman

I will post the results good or bad when I return and open them

I have a good feeling about this
Atta girl. I went to my LCS and they were like "Jumbo???" Then I called 3 other stores in NYC and they were like "Jumbo??????".....WTF is going on here.
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
Atta girl. I went to my LCS and they were like "Jumbo???" Then I called 3 other stores in NYC and they were like "Jumbo??????".....WTF is going on here.
Buy em on BOC Josh, they deliver right to your door
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
jewcer2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Buy em on BOC Josh, they deliver right to your door
Sorta getting married in a week and traveling to Europe.
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
Sorta getting married in a week and traveling to Europe.
Way to rub it in... I live in Michigan, America's armpit

Still have not left for the shop

I assume that is God's way to allow some other schmoe to the box with 3 Clayton Blackburn base autos in it
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
jewcer2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Way to rub it in... I live in Michigan, America's armpit

Still have not left for the shop

I assume that is God's way to allow some other schmoe to the box with 3 Clayton Blackburn base autos in it
Jersey is America's armpit.
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
babyfaceposey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fresh out the womb
Posts: 3,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
Jersey is America's armpit.
Just the left pit. Michigan is the right pit.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
jewcer2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
Jersey is America's armpit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Just the left pit. Michigan is the right pit.
I thought that was OH - IO.
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Way to rub it in... I live in Michigan, America's armpit

Still have not left for the shop

I assume that is God's way to allow some other schmoe to the box with 3 Clayton Blackburn base autos in it
Are you going to Legends?
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Are you going to Legends?
Went to Legends and cracked at the counter

Taijuan Walker refractor auto
Jesse Biddle base
Mark Montgomery base

Polanco silver ice
Rondon black chrome

Not the worst

Walkers are going up... They have 3 boxes left, I assume I'll be buying them soon
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tacoma, Wa
Posts: 1,950
Default

Walker is a nice one!! Prices are going up nicely
Yaboi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
TOMBB25's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Napa CA
Posts: 5,576
Default

Those 8 coor's lights are almost like 3 big boy beers....good luck!
__________________
Hi, my name is Tom.
TOMBB25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
jewcer2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Went to Legends and cracked at the counter

Taijuan Walker refractor auto
Jesse Biddle base
Mark Montgomery base

Polanco silver ice
Rondon black chrome

Not the worst

Walkers are going up... They have 3 boxes left, I assume I'll be buying them soon
My buddy got a box..It was the worst...Will post later.
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
My buddy got a box..It was the worst...Will post later.
I have had some pretty stinky ones out of the 22 I have opened
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Pretty uneventful, but oh well

__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,598
Default

I picked up a Jumbo from All-Star the week it came it, pulled a Oswaldo Arcia Refractor Auto, Taijuan Walker Base Auto and a Jake Odorizzi RC Auto. I've had some amazing pulls there. Ever been there?
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I picked up a Jumbo from All-Star the week it came it, pulled a Oswaldo Arcia Refractor Auto, Taijuan Walker Base Auto and a Jake Odorizzi RC Auto. I've had some amazing pulls there. Ever been there?
Showcase 7 is mine
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Showcase 7 is mine
I'm not sure which one that is, what's in it?
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
I'm not sure which one that is, what's in it?
It is at the back of the store across from the supplies

Currently there are nickel singles from Bowman 2013 and Chromes for a dime (I broke 2 Jumbo cases worth so I have to unload somehow)

There is another box sorted by team with inserts

In the case the top 2 shelves are serial #'d or auto'd Tigers cards and the bottom is popular players like Harper, Trout, Stras, Machado as well as a box with $1,$2, and $3 autos

Everything bulk comes with bulk discounts
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Davesportscards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
It is at the back of the store across from the supplies

Currently there are nickel singles from Bowman 2013 and Chromes for a dime (I broke 2 Jumbo cases worth so I have to unload somehow)

There is another box sorted by team with inserts

In the case the top 2 shelves are serial #'d or auto'd Tigers cards and the bottom is popular players like Harper, Trout, Stras, Machado as well as a box with $1,$2, and $3 autos

Everything bulk comes with bulk discounts
Well glad to say I have purchased quite a few of your Bowman singles I live in Muskegon but I'm almost always willing to make the 45 minute drive to go to All-Star to bust wax and buy singles for my sets
Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
thebrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Mateo, CA
Posts: 2,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Well glad to say I have purchased quite a few of your Bowman singles I live in Muskegon but I'm almost always willing to make the 45 minute drive to go to All-Star to bust wax and buy singles for my sets
Thanks, wait til Bowman Chrome comes out

I am going to have a BUTTLOAD of that stuff
__________________
Nordy22's 20-Caser of 2013 Bowman Draft:
Pick#(Price) - 25($240),26($240),37($220),69($85),98($70),155($45),164($45)
thebrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
jewcer2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 5,966
Default

Well thanks to everyone continually posting about this set...I just ordered 2 boxes, will break em open Wednesday night when I get em!
__________________
PM me if you are interested in a group BGS Submission
Please excuse any brief answers as I may be replying from my phone - Oh yea I'm sarcastic so please don't be offended also.
If you are looking for microfiber cloths, shoot me a PM.
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
MikeWilliamsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,770
Default

LMK if selling biddle, decent box there
__________________
Buying: Any JP Crawford 2013 Draft (Paying a PREMIUM for Under Armour Variation Autos: Signed "J Crawford")
MikeWilliamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
stamkos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: western new york
Posts: 3,879
Default

If walker is available ill pay 42 Dlvd lmk
stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.