Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 04:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

I have been to Weston Missouri before. I was in high school on a family trip to kc and then out to colorado.

Lots of history there.
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
Nice pull Kyle, and to think I stick up for seniors on this board when newbies smack talk them and now you have been shot down for something thats not life threatening....Ya maybe you shouldnt have said "is this good?" but you are using this thread as it is to be used, you busted a pack and pulled a Ichiro 1/1 printing plate and you are also introducing your daughter into this hobby, something we all here should honor...I congratulate you and welcome to the board
A very interesting take coming from a senior member who got off a "your [sic] as smart as a grape " blast on a new member with 3 total posts in the following thread:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/w...ds-com-23.html

Let me guess: in following the "it was a joke" theme of this thread, I suppose that was a joke too, right?

I 100% agree that people shouldn't be flamed on this forum without warrant - and I don't think this thread quailifies as a flame because the original poster was a) joking and therefore entitled to some harmless ridicule and b) mentioned nothing about his daughter in that original post when some people started freaking out about his being attacked - but I don't buy this commentary because you're bashing behavior that you yourself are guilty of.

Listen everyone, I apologize if my simple question of "What did you expect the reaction to be?" caused a minor uproar in the community for whatever reason because as I mentioned in previous posts, I'm not a member of any other forum and I genuinely like the team attitude that goes on here. I can't speak for anyone else's post in this thread, but I would assume any ribbing here was both deserved and harmless, especially considering the original poster made no mention of his intent as a joke. I mean yes, congratulations on that great pull, yes it's good, and welcome to the board. Just don't tell me it's dishonorable to ask some questions or give this guy a playful ribbing over a joke when you do the exact same thing in another thread.

I'm officially 100% done with this thread, and for the record, I appreciate the people on this forum and I fully expect to particpate for a long time. I don't understand the backlash here, that's all, but again, I'm done discussing this thread unless someone wants to pm me about it. I don't regret what I posted, and I only apologize because my intent was not to give this forum a black eye or make this guy want to run away despite that very weird no-clue-you-were-joking second post. I'd rather have an overly sensitive board than one with no class, so from now on I will be sure to steer clear of making anyone feel uncomfortable.
derek55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

BOHICA! We need an extra large happy face in this thread!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Derek if you truly are a member on this board you would have seen that the idiot put what the auction ended at as his guess just to act like a smart a$$....you should be thanking me for sticking up for this guy instead of putting a useless post in here
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

And by the way I wasnt talking about your little comment about "What did you expect the reaction to be", I actually didnt even read it
Old 03-01-2008, 08:26 PM   #31 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Matt, when i read that post i think he was only listing the price it ended at because the person above him asked what did it end it. I don't really think he was making that his guess. just mho
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:29 PM   #32 (permalink)

ahh I see, was just odd to me to see what the auction ended at and his post amount...theres just so many people that put guesses after the deadline its hard to tell