Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Gotta luv Topps

I opened a couple boxes of Moments & Milestones one of the cards was

Card #166 Seth Smith Red Parallel 1/1. Got a question through e-Bay and the guy asked me if it I made a mistake and had the wrong card # in my Listing. Told it was card #166 and not a mistake. He tells me it can't be since he has Card #166 Red Parallel 1/1.

Told him to call Topps.

Leave it to Topps to have 2 1/1's of the same card.

And no this is not one of the cards like the HR's or Hits or wins where there are multiple 1/1's of the same card #. With the Rookies there are 3 cards each with a different card #, 1 says "Rookie", 1 "NL or AL Rookie" and the 3rd "Rookie position".
mdb92951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdb92951 View Post
I opened a couple boxes of Moments & Milestones one of the cards was

Card #166 Seth Smith Red Parallel 1/1. Got a question through e-Bay and the guy asked me if it I made a mistake and had the wrong card # in my Listing. Told it was card #166 and not a mistake. He tells me it can't be since he has Card #166 Red Parallel 1/1.

Told him to call Topps.

Leave it to Topps to have 2 1/1's of the same card.

And no this is not one of the cards like the HR's or Hits or wins where there are multiple 1/1's of the same card #. With the Rookies there are 3 cards each with a different card #, 1 says "Rookie", 1 "NL or AL Rookie" and the 3rd "Rookie position".
Its a 1/1 of a 1/1....making it a 1/1.

Collecting DREW STANTON auto's, patches, and low numbered cards!!! PM me!
swjedi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swjedi2000 View Post
Its a 1/1 of a 1/1....making it a 1/1.
The good ole 1/1/1!!!
gridironfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

If they are really both the same card numbered 1/1 you should try and buy the other one and then contact TOPPS letting them know you have 2 of them in your possession, you might end up with some nice goodies as they try to cover their butts. I vaguely recall way back in hockey there were Donruss Elite cards (back when they were inserts) that were serial numbered xxxxx/10000 but due to an error some cards that made it into packs were numbered 10001/10000, 10002/10000 etc and Donruss was offering some really nice goodies trying to get them back.
Incarnadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think a few months back in Beckett baseball there was a blurb about someone collecting all the red refractors of a certain player and taking Topps to court since multiple cards numbered to /5 were on Ebay w/ the same numbering as his /5 cards (example 2 3/5 cards). Once word got out that Topps had screwed up the value of those cards dropped in a hurry causing his investment to tank. Not sure how it ended up but I'm sure Topps had to make it right somehow.
rudyjustinfarrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
I think a few months back in Beckett baseball there was a blurb about someone collecting all the red refractors of a certain player and taking Topps to court since multiple cards numbered to /5 were on Ebay w/ the same numbering as his /5 cards (example 2 3/5 cards). Once word got out that Topps had screwed up the value of those cards dropped in a hurry causing his investment to tank. Not sure how it ended up but I'm sure Topps had to make it right somehow.
I read that, I think the guy had in his posession 7 of the out of 5 cards. Im sure the lawsuit is still ongoing.
Poonchka is offline   Reply With Quote