Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default i suck, really need a pick me up!!

I just opened the worse 2006 Fleer GOTG I could have imagined.. In fact when your best card is worth 10 bucks you hit rock bottom, lol. Here are my hits for the box:

RICO PETROCELLI REDSOX GREATS GU PANTS
PEE WEE REESE DODGERS GREATS GU JERSEY(Yippee $10 bv)
DARREN DAULTON AUTO NICKNAME GREATS
WILLIE HORTON AUTO

I have opened several bad boxes in a row, Diamond Kings was pretty lousy, Showcase football was average, Legendary cuts was real bad, Chrome football was nothing to brag about, and Sp basketball was ok.

Is there any boxes out there under $100 that seem to get solid hits on a regular basis? How is 07 ud masterpieces baseball? Open for any and all ideas.
sportnutt80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

I did just as good. I don't like the product.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not as bad as the last GOTG that I opened three months ago. There were only the two GU cards and there were double decoys in the spots where the auto's should have been.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnutt80 View Post
Is there any boxes out there under $100 that seem to get solid hits on a regular basis? How is 07 ud masterpieces baseball? Open for any and all ideas.

You gotta remember that if it is selling below the orginal price that the product did not hold its value and will most likely not have many "big hits," from a book value aspect. Both the diamond kings and GOTG are cheap fun breaks, but you would be kidding yourself to expect something amazing for a box that is going for half of its original price. If you want a quantity of hits for a cheap price than go with 2006 Future Stars or 2007 Future Stars or Fleer Utra SE. You would get plenty of hits, but they won't be worth much. If you want something that has hits that are currently going for higher for resale purposes your going to have to spend more to get more. Personally I think Masterpieces is a waste of money. But I have sworn off Upper Deck and you might have to be burned enough to feel the same. I say buy what ever you like the design of and build a set. If you want hits, go on Ebay and buy what you like for a fraction of what the box breaker paid to pull it.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

i guess its time for me to buy more expensive cards, i like to flip cards now and then just to have more cash to buy other cards, i was just getting frustrated getting nothing of resale value, i guess if open enough i will eventually get a whale!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

That seems to be kinda how it works, the more you buy the better your chances. If you are looking for something with good resale and plenty of hits and you like baseball I would recommend Donruss Elite. The price just recently jumped, but I think this one will continue to go up as it starts to dry up. It was one of my favorite mid priced breaks of the 2007 baseball products and it seems to be still selling well.
Good luck finding the whale.

Last edited by pduce; 03-06-2008 at 06:25 PM.
pduce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportnutt80 View Post
i guess its time for me to buy more expensive cards, i like to flip cards now and then just to have more cash to buy other cards, i was just getting frustrated getting nothing of resale value, i guess if open enough i will eventually get a whale!
I have to be the bearer of bad news for all of you, but does anything have any good re-sale value? The answer is no. This is a hobby, and if you get back 75% on your case, it was a good case.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Jughead Send a message via Yahoo to Jughead

I broke a case of 2006 GOTG too, and it was pretty brutal. There are two reasons cases go down in price:

Everything in it is crap.
There are too many cases of it.

So if you want something fun, hope for something that is cheap for the latter reason. 2005-2006 Parkhurst Hockey is really cheap, but it is still fun and you will pull a couple nice inserts. Same with Upper Deck Series 2 from the same year, but the price on that has crept up a bit.

07-08 Topps basketball has gotten really cheap, but I don't know whether there is anything good in there. Every year there are a few sets out there that will make you money if you break a case, but only when they are new, and you usually can't tell until it's too late.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Good points Jughead like I said. Have fun with the break, if you break even it is a good break.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:22 PM   #10 (permalink)

Shoot.. if you break even then that is a terriffic break. I'm usually happy w/ a %60 return if I manage to pull a card that I like that might not be a big dollar card.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

I mostly collect baseball, usually only buy the other sports to sell, if I can get 40-50% back on those cards makes me happy! i just think putting up a little money to make money is getting to risky the way they make the cards today. I've learned to down size my pc so I don't feel like I want keep all that I open, it really is to expensive of a hobby to keep everything you open if you want more!