Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Box of ud premier 2008 RUTH!!!

My friend and i went to the local store and bought a box of ud premier 2008 baseball. Lets just say it was a great box!!

Hits were:
Beltre base 6/15
victorino stitching /75
jose morales auto rc/299
reyes quad jersey/40
seaver/carlton/maddux triple 6 color jerseys/15
IVAN RODRIGUEZ AUTO PREMIER PENMANSHIP 1 OF 1
RUTH/GEHRIG/DIMAGGIO TRIPLE JERSEY 4/20

I was very happy to see the ruth until i realized there is a nice crease on the top of the card. Do you have any suggestions on what i should do? Should i contact upper deck? Any suggestions will help as i already listed it on ebay.
miller31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

What is your Ebay ID? Would like to see the Yankee's card...
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

deano2284
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Personally I don't buy graded cards, or submit cards for grading, or in general deal w/ the graded card nonsense. However, in your auction you state:

"Check out my feedback and bid with confidence! Cards are in nrmt-mt condition. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Gook Luck!"

I did not see the crease you mentioned but you might run into a pissed off buyer who demands his money back if you are not upfront about the condition of your card. If Ebay swings the buyer's way in a dispute YOU are out Ebay fees and possibly S&H fees as well. Get an answer from UD QUICK about a possible replacement or I'd consider a.) Either add in "card has small defect yadda yadda" or b.) stop the auction. Just my 2 cents...

2008 UD Premier Ruth Gehrig DiMaggio Triple Jersey 4/20 - eBay (item 220217958576 end time Mar-31-08 14:28:46 PDT)

Last edited by rudyjustinfarrell; 03-28-2008 at 09:48 PM. Reason: added card link
Old 03-28-2008, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Personally I don't buy graded cards, or submit cards for grading, or in general deal w/ the graded card nonsense. However, in your auction you state:

"Check out my feedback and bid with confidence! Cards are in nrmt-mt condition. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Gook Luck!"

I did not see the crease you mentioned but you might run into a pissed off buyer who demands his money back if you are not upfront about the condition of your card. If Ebay swings the buyer's way in a dispute YOU are out Ebay fees and possibly S&H fees as well. Get an answer from UD QUICK about a possible replacement or I'd consider a.) Either add in "card has small defect yadda yadda" or b.) stop the auction. Just my 2 cents...

2008 UD Premier Ruth Gehrig DiMaggio Triple Jersey 4/20 - eBay (item 220217958576 end time Mar-31-08 14:28:46 PDT)
I can see the crease in the picture. I'm pretty sure it's between "UD" and "Premier"
bigbluecolt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 11:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluecolt93 View Post
I can see the crease in the picture. I'm pretty sure it's between "UD" and "Premier"
I think you are right. I would not sell this on ebay with a description of nrmt/mint. Even though it does suck that the card was damaged before you got it, its still damaged. I think you are just begging for one pissed off buyer if you auction it as is.
whontime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluecolt93 View Post
It looks like it is a pretty long crease.
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:46 AM   #8 (permalink)

You should stop that auction item asap. It is sad that you would put a damaged card on fleabay and advertise it as being nm-mint condition. I would contact upper deck customer service and try to get the card replaced.
hargy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 12:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
ND3

With that crease you are just asking for negative feedback unless you revise the listing disclosing the crease. I would end the auction and contact UD customer service for a replacement. Also take a screen shot of what the current value is on ebay. This will give you some leverage if they cannot replace with same card and offer to give you a replacement. They will give you something of equal or greater value. Since there is are no book values yet any evidence you have of a prospective price will give you a great bargining chip.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

I would personally go to UD's Headquarters and give them a kick in the sack for damaging a great card like that...

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargy12 View Post
You should stop that auction item asap. It is sad that you would put a damaged card on fleabay and advertise it as being nm-mint condition. I would contact upper deck customer service and try to get the card replaced.
If I won that card I`d be pissed but if you look carefuly you can see the long crease between "UD" and "Premier"

Peter newengland4me
Old 03-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

thank for you all your replies. its not my account its my friends, i personally would take it down as you suggest, but we will see what he wants to do and i will tell him. thanks again
Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

I have a few questions about replacing damaged cards.

I just got a box of UD Premier and pulled a Greg Maddux triple patch card which says "300" On each one of those numbers theres a crease. I looked on the UD website and it has instructions to mail damaged cards to a certain address.

So my questions are:

should i call before sending the card over?
If so whats the phone #?
What shipment method should i use (FedEx, UPS, regular insured mail)?
Does UD confirm receipt of the card and provide updates on the status of the replacement?

Thanks in advance for your help

Carlos
dizzyduff13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

So my questions are:

should i call before sending the card over? YES, call so they at least register your complaint and you can put in your letter that you talked to so-and-so
If so whats the phone #? look it up on their website, probably under FAQ
What shipment method should i use (FedEx, UPS, regular insured mail)? Just send it US Mail. Definitely use DC. Remember to have your envelope fatter than a 1/4 inch(?) or they get a few extra cents out of you for DC.
Does UD confirm receipt of the card and provide updates on the status of the replacement?UD will eventually call if they cannot replace it, but they will not call to say "We got it". No they will not provide updates or status unless they run into snags. Hope this helps.

Thanks in advance for your help
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31 View Post
thank for you all your replies. its not my account its my friends, i personally would take it down as you suggest, but we will see what he wants to do and i will tell him. thanks again
You are going to run the risk of negative feedback for your friends card? And you are willing to represent it as a near mint to mint card. That is wrong.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

dizzyduff13 I wouldn’t even bother to call. Take a scan of the card (I recommend both sides). Send the card in with your receipt and box upc (since in this case a pack isn’t applicable) 1st class mail with dc. The 3/4" thick rule only applies if your doing automated packages (via paypal or elsewhere..why I don't know). If your going to your local post office to mail it just fill out the dc slip and they'll put it on your letter/package, and charge you the dc fee and keep track of when they get it so if you have to contact them about it, you’ll have the information for them.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

Did the listing run it's course or was it taken down? It looks like it was allowed to go the full time. I know it's not your account, but I think your friend is going to be in for a gigantic hassle.

If he sends the damaged card, expect a lot of backlash from the buyer. If your friend tries to email the seller and disclose the damage after the fact and get out of the sale, expect a lot of backlast from the buyer. Either way, there is no way this should have been allowed to end with a winning bidder. Have fun dealing with this one kids.
Crash1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:11 AM   #18 (permalink)

Yea he let it run and ended. I dont agree with how he did it. Its his account though. He said he will gladly refund the person the money, if the buyer chooses, and then he will either contact upper deck or list it again and list the crease. Only looking for advice and thanks again, unfortunately i cant make the choices for him.