Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1 pack of Tribute

I was going to bust a box, but after I saw a few rough breaks decided against it. Broke one pack instead and pulled a Starlin Castro gold /25 and I'm pretty happy with it If any body is interested shoot me a pm.

1 pack of Tribute-sam_0931.jpg
Old 07-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

nicely done!

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nice Pull! Smart decision going with just the pack!
Old 07-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know this has been a HUGE topic of discussion, but I find it ridiculous that in the fine print on the bottom of the card it states the relic is not from any specific game, event, or season. If it's not game or even event used then what/where the hell is it from?? It's like Topps is saying we put this piece of something in this card, but we can't tell you what it is or even why we put it in there, and we don't know where it came from, but enjoy!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
I know this has been a HUGE topic of discussion, but I find it ridiculous that in the fine print on the bottom of the card it states the relic is not from any specific game, event, or season. If it's not game or even event used then what/where the hell is it from?? It's like Topps is saying we put this piece of something in this card, but we can't tell you what it is or even why we put it in there, and we don't know where it came from, but enjoy!
yup..........
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree, and what I find even sadder is I actually bought some of these. I've been reading that fine print more often lately on cards and I find it very disturbing. I don't want cards with a patch of an umpires sock, for all we know it is. I'm toning down my buying, way down. Lost too much money lately. Gonna do a couple group breaks I'm in on here, and wait for Draft this winter.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

it is game used but from a random game thats what it means.
tchummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka

Very nice hit. I would be very happy with that.
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchummer View Post
Umm when jersey/patch pieces are "game used" or "event worn" that's what they state on the card. This cards states nothing to that effect except for the fact that Topps does not guarantee where it came from or what it is. Pretty sad when your paying $200+ for a box. Not exatly catering to fans who really enjoy "being close to the game" like Topps states it does. I would rather pass on product that brings me mysterious artifacts for a high end price. Kind of feels like they are just pushing out as much crap as they can just because they can IMHO.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchummer View Post
Not for sure though....could be just a jersey that they had made with that players name on it...then it technically is "Joe Doe's Jersey!"
Old 07-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Not for sure though....could be just a jersey that they had made with that players name on it...then it technically is "Joe Doe's Jersey!"
Bingo I think we have a winner, Bob tell him what he's won!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to wee111 Send a message via AIM to wee111 Send a message via MSN to wee111 Send a message via Yahoo to wee111 Send a message via Skype™ to wee111

Quote:
Umm when jersey/patch pieces are "game used" or "event worn" that's what they state on the card. This cards states nothing to that effect except for the fact that Topps does not guarantee where it came from or what it is. Pretty sad when your paying $200+ for a box. Not exatly catering to fans who really enjoy "being close to the game" like Topps states it does. I would rather pass on product that brings me mysterious artifacts for a high end price. Kind of feels like they are just pushing out as much crap as they can just because they can IMHO.
no. It says this with every topps relic. It means they don't know which specific game it came from, not that they don't know what it is. It dosn't say this on the all star jerseys they make because it came from an all star game. The relics in topps' cards come from mlb game worn by the player on the card.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee111 View Post
no. It says this with every topps relic. It means they don't know which specific game it came from, not that they don't know what it is. It dosn't say this on the all star jerseys they make because it came from an all star game. The relics in topps' cards come from mlb game worn by the player on the card.
Ok take a look at Topps Series 2 peak performance jersey for example, it clearly states on the front of the card game used memoribilia. Like I said before when it's game used or event worn by player most cards state that very clearly, and no they do not say it was from this game on this date. The card has a "disclaimer" that says Topps will not verify if the card is game worn or event worn or even where it came from!!! So what does that tell you? The only thing they say is authentic is the auto. The cards look really nice I'll give them that, but in no way can you say they are authentic when Topps isn't even saying that on the card.