Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BOX & CASE BREAKS > BASEBALL BOX BREAKS

BASEBALL BOX BREAKS Post your Baseball Box & Case Breaks Here !

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default 1 pack of Tribute

I was going to bust a box, but after I saw a few rough breaks decided against it. Broke one pack instead and pulled a Starlin Castro gold /25 and I'm pretty happy with it If any body is interested shoot me a pm.

1 pack of Tribute-sam_0931.jpg
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
enjoyale81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 1,517
Default

nicely done!
__________________
Collecting Jockey autos and Louisville players auto/gu in Cardinals uniforms!

For the time being I can only commit to getting to the post office on Saturdays, so it may take me longer to ship.
enjoyale81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Jmilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Socal
Posts: 1,289
Default

Nice Pull! Smart decision going with just the pack!
__________________
Twitter: @Justinmillar1
Jmilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default

I know this has been a HUGE topic of discussion, but I find it ridiculous that in the fine print on the bottom of the card it states the relic is not from any specific game, event, or season. If it's not game or even event used then what/where the hell is it from?? It's like Topps is saying we put this piece of something in this card, but we can't tell you what it is or even why we put it in there, and we don't know where it came from, but enjoy!
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
I know this has been a HUGE topic of discussion, but I find it ridiculous that in the fine print on the bottom of the card it states the relic is not from any specific game, event, or season. If it's not game or even event used then what/where the hell is it from?? It's like Topps is saying we put this piece of something in this card, but we can't tell you what it is or even why we put it in there, and we don't know where it came from, but enjoy!
yup..........
__________________
This Forum's Resident Andy Pettitte Supercollector!
YankeesKRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
I know this has been a HUGE topic of discussion, but I find it ridiculous that in the fine print on the bottom of the card it states the relic is not from any specific game, event, or season. If it's not game or even event used then what/where the hell is it from?? It's like Topps is saying we put this piece of something in this card, but we can't tell you what it is or even why we put it in there, and we don't know where it came from, but enjoy!
I agree, and what I find even sadder is I actually bought some of these. I've been reading that fine print more often lately on cards and I find it very disturbing. I don't want cards with a patch of an umpires sock, for all we know it is. I'm toning down my buying, way down. Lost too much money lately. Gonna do a couple group breaks I'm in on here, and wait for Draft this winter.
__________________
Indy CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
"Panini is the Honey Badger of the card collecting world." - Indy
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
tchummer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 838
Default

it is game used but from a random game thats what it means.
tchummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: APO, U.K.
Posts: 3,734
Send a message via MSN to ceczerwonka Send a message via Yahoo to ceczerwonka
Default

Very nice hit. I would be very happy with that.
ceczerwonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchummer View Post
it is game used but from a random game thats what it means.
Umm when jersey/patch pieces are "game used" or "event worn" that's what they state on the card. This cards states nothing to that effect except for the fact that Topps does not guarantee where it came from or what it is. Pretty sad when your paying $200+ for a box. Not exatly catering to fans who really enjoy "being close to the game" like Topps states it does. I would rather pass on product that brings me mysterious artifacts for a high end price. Kind of feels like they are just pushing out as much crap as they can just because they can IMHO.
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
garpike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Middletown, Ohio
Posts: 6,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchummer View Post
it is game used but from a random game thats what it means.
Not for sure though....could be just a jersey that they had made with that players name on it...then it technically is "Joe Doe's Jersey!"
__________________
I Love My Family, The NY Jets & Autographs...Lots & Lots of Autographs!!!
TTM Autographs make getting the mail FUN!
garpike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garpike View Post
Not for sure though....could be just a jersey that they had made with that players name on it...then it technically is "Joe Doe's Jersey!"
Bingo I think we have a winner, Bob tell him what he's won!!!
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 4,020
Send a message via ICQ to wee111 Send a message via AIM to wee111 Send a message via MSN to wee111 Send a message via Yahoo to wee111 Send a message via Skype™ to wee111
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Umm when jersey/patch pieces are "game used" or "event worn" that's what they state on the card. This cards states nothing to that effect except for the fact that Topps does not guarantee where it came from or what it is. Pretty sad when your paying $200+ for a box. Not exatly catering to fans who really enjoy "being close to the game" like Topps states it does. I would rather pass on product that brings me mysterious artifacts for a high end price. Kind of feels like they are just pushing out as much crap as they can just because they can IMHO.
no. It says this with every topps relic. It means they don't know which specific game it came from, not that they don't know what it is. It dosn't say this on the all star jerseys they make because it came from an all star game. The relics in topps' cards come from mlb game worn by the player on the card.
__________________
wee111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee111 View Post
no. It says this with every topps relic. It means they don't know which specific game it came from, not that they don't know what it is. It dosn't say this on the all star jerseys they make because it came from an all star game. The relics in topps' cards come from mlb game worn by the player on the card.
Ok take a look at Topps Series 2 peak performance jersey for example, it clearly states on the front of the card game used memoribilia. Like I said before when it's game used or event worn by player most cards state that very clearly, and no they do not say it was from this game on this date. The card has a "disclaimer" that says Topps will not verify if the card is game worn or event worn or even where it came from!!! So what does that tell you? The only thing they say is authentic is the auto. The cards look really nice I'll give them that, but in no way can you say they are authentic when Topps isn't even saying that on the card.
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.