Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > BASEBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

BASEBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your Baseball Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 02:58 PM   #201 (permalink)
Banned

Still searching
55_marlins_sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #202 (permalink)
Banned

Still searching :-)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #203 (permalink)
Banned

Still searching
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #204 (permalink)
Banned

Still searching Someone out there's gotta have 'em
Old 09-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #205 (permalink)
Banned

Seriously, no Josh Johnson's, Uggla's, Josh Willingham's, A.J. Vanegas or Tony Zych's out there ? C'mon man !
Old 09-30-2012, 10:36 PM   #206 (permalink)
Banned

lots of sick johnsons on ebay now for very cheap
marlinscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #207 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlinscards View Post
lots of sick johnsons on ebay now for very cheap
Yep .......
Old 10-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #208 (permalink)
Banned

Still searching.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:07 PM   #209 (permalink)

buy my whales already lol
Old 10-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #210 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
buy my whales already lol
If we could figure out a price, I would. I just bought a diff. version of the ones you've got for $45 or so dlvd, lol.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55_marlins_sp View Post
If we could figure out a price, I would. I just bought a diff. version of the ones you've got for $45 or so dlvd, lol.
can you PM me scans on that? I might buy that from you if it's the same card... 3 of the same whale would be amazing.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #212 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
can you PM me scans on that? I might buy that from you if it's the same card... 3 of the same whale would be amazing.
Sent a PM, here's the pic as well:

Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 PM   #213 (permalink)

I have 2012 Tribute autos, base version #d/99 and orange version #d/25.
dlcarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:14 PM   #214 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcarst View Post
I have 2012 Tribute autos, base version #d/99 and orange version #d/25.
How much would you be looking to get for them ? PLMK.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #215 (permalink)

$18 delivered for the regular, $35 for the orange, or $48 for both.
dlcarst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #216 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlcarst View Post
$18 delivered for the regular, $35 for the orange, or $48 for both.
I'll have to pass. That's a bit much for them. Thanks though, anyways, for the offer !
Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #217 (permalink)

I'm not trying to be a dic* here but as a Josh Johnson collector myself this honestly is a frustrating thread to deal with. Instead of constantly saying "still searching" why not lay out some parameters or something? I've seen probably 50+ cards offered to you and on about 49 of them it's "sorry not for that price...still searching." That's totally cool but why not say what you're looking for and what you're basing your pay on (not WHAT you'd pay, what you're basing your "willingness to pay") so people that can really help you know what to do. I'm sorry I'm sure I've overstepped my bounds here and if I get flak, I get flak. Just really trying to give constructive advice I guess. I have a ton of JJs cards but I wouldn't offer any to you bc of the above - it seems futile bc you've turned pretty much everyone down and there doesn't seem to be any "direction" if you will. It's like saying "I really want this specific card," 20 people offer it to you and you turn them down. At that point wouldn't be prudent to A) say why you're turning them all down and B) clarifying so we can HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL.

Last edited by Metsfan311; 10-03-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Metsfan311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan311 View Post
I'm not trying to be a dic* here but as a Josh Johnson collector myself this honestly is a frustrating thread to deal with. Instead of constantly saying "still searching" why not lay out some parameters or something? I've seen probably 50+ cards offered to you and on about 49 of them it's "sorry not for that price...still searching." That's totally cool but why not say what you're looking for and what you're basing your pay on (not WHAT you'd pay, what you're basing your "willingness to pay") so people that can really help you know what to do. I'm sorry I'm sure I've overstepped my bounds here and if I get flak, I get flak. Just really trying to give constructive advice I guess. I have a ton of JJs cards but I wouldn't offer any to you bc of the above - it seems futile bc you've turned pretty much everyone down and there doesn't seem to be any "direction" if you will. It's like saying "I really want this specific card," 20 people offer it to you and you turn them down. At that point wouldn't be prudent to A) say why you're turning them all down and B) clarifying so we can HELP YOU ACHIEVE YOUR GOAL.
I'm not trying to be a dic* here but he can bump the thread once every 24 hours as he pleases. If he's still looking, why not post that he's still looking for some? And what if he doesn't have any parameters? What if he's looking for everything? Oh, what do you know. Check out his first post. Looks to me that it states what he's most likely to buy. But does that mean he's going to overpay for them? I don't think so. If he doesn't wish to buy what somebody's asking him then he doesn't have to buy it! Plus I've seen his collection and know how many JJ's he has so I'm pretty sure he has a good idea what JJ's cards are worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55_marlins_sp View Post
LMK what you have and need for 'em. More apt to buy auto's / patches / '06 stuff.
Take care,

- Dave.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #219 (permalink)

No worries clarkzac you are certainly entitled to your opinion on the matter

I was never saying he didn't know the value of the cards or...well I have no idea how you started a dic* waiving contest with the whole "I've seen his collection etc.." but whatever it's no skin off my back.

P.S. - basic parameters are extremely easy to set in this thread after say the 3rd page. A simple "I'm not paying BV" or something to that effect would do worlds of good. And did you bypass the whole "let us help you" part of the post? Evidently...
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #220 (permalink)
Banned

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not going to list every card of Johnson that's out there and what I'd pay for it. If I did, folks would still want to sell me at prices "they" deemed were fair, which, I can totally see, because they dumped X amount of money into wax and would like to recoup funds for their breaks, to at least get close to what they spent, back.

BUT, these same folks, today, seem to think because their card has (oooooh) a teal four color patch, that automatically it's 2x what I've paid for THREE of the same card. I've pm'd MANY of the posters in this thread and went back and forth on prices, because I know what Josh Johnson's go for. There isn't much in life that I know, but, I am the front source of what Josh Johnson stuff goes for, at it's high and it's absolute low.

I've tried to deal with some folks and they don't budge. Fine. I'm not going to overpay because someone won't drop a price, because, they want what they think is fair or because some random card has a nice patch. If someone doesn't want to sell to me or deal with me, because of that: fine. No worries. There's plenty of stuff that I haven't got before, because people are unreasonable in their monetary wants for a trading card. And, there's plenty of stuff I've worked hard to get, with sellers, without being a dick or douche bag (which I know I'm often called) because they want to get rid of something and I'm willing to pay.

If people on here, Beckett, FCB, SCF, eBay or wherever were more apt to just discussing prices, seeing what I've paid for something, and then go from there, instead of saying, "Hey, I have this for $X, interested ?". I come back, "Is there any wiggle room ?". I hear back from the seller, "Well, not much, I could go $5 less than $X, which I initially offered, but that's as low as I'd go." It doesn't seem that the majority of folks, selling cards, can negotiate that well.

Sure, I've made deals on here and other sites with great people who were more than willing to work with me on something, as long as it was fair for both sides. I'm not going to overpay, though, when I know a sell value of something, or something incredibly similar, because someone thinks it's more in their eyes

I hope this all makes sense and hopefully, one day, if you do sell your Josh Johnson's, we can make a deal happen. If not, it's life. I've got a 2 year old daughter & wife that'll be more important than Josh Johnson ever will be.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #221 (permalink)

I do as well and upon reflection I should have just kept my mouth closed bc it really is none of my business. I sincerely apologize to you for the comment(s) and for taking the focus away from your thread.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #222 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I do as well and upon reflection I should have just kept my mouth closed bc it really is none of my business. I sincerely apologize to you for the comment(s) and for taking the focus away from your thread.
No worries. Apology accepted
Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 PM   #223 (permalink)
Banned

Still searching.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #224 (permalink)

Hey I was looking around eBay the other day and came across these 1/1. Thought I'd posy 'em for you. Don't know if they're overpriced (everything on eBay seems overpriced) but who knows. Here are the 2 items:

1. Item # 280977443513 - 2012 Topps Triple Threads Josh Johnson Auto JRSY Whale White 1/1 (says "Serious Heat" in red)

2. Item # 180938826502 - 2011 Triple Threads Josh Johnson Patch White Whale Relic Auto 1/1
Card #: TTAR-67 (says "Ace" in a few colors as it appears to be at least a 3-color relic

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #225 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Hey I was looking around eBay the other day and came across these 1/1. Thought I'd posy 'em for you. Don't know if they're overpriced (everything on eBay seems overpriced) but who knows. Here are the 2 items:

1. Item # 280977443513 - 2012 Topps Triple Threads Josh Johnson Auto JRSY Whale White 1/1 (says "Serious Heat" in red)

2. Item # 180938826502 - 2011 Triple Threads Josh Johnson Patch White Whale Relic Auto 1/1
Card #: TTAR-67 (says "Ace" in a few colors as it appears to be at least a 3-color relic

Good luck!
Both way too much but thanks for the linkage !