Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > BASEBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

BASEBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your Baseball Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default SUPER FRACK'D

So I was cruising the Bay today and saw that I had been outbid on a Madison Bumgarner rainbow including Superfractor

Well, I really want a rainbow and my search for Carlos Gonzalez has not been progressing.

Naturally I decided what I could afford to spend and placed my bid. $100 max with free shipping.

THEN I WON THE THING... I paid as usual within about 2 minutes and I texted Swingman that I finally had a Superfractor and if I could just find some plates I'd be in business.

I was looking to see if there was any chance Bumgarner and the Giants could make a playoff run, I was looking at other auctions to see if I could snag additional color.

I even looked back at where the Super came from (I was in the break and had pre-sold my Nats spot to Swingman where he pulled a gold Harper variation)

NOW, I get an e-mail saying the seller needs to cancel the sale because he already sold the item to someone else?

What the F? Am I wrong for declining the cancellation? Is CMPunk13 still the owner of this card? Should I believe for one second it isn't being cancelled because I got it below what he was hoping to sell it for? Did I basically just get fisted?

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...BCg4Y60_57.jpg
Old 10-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

That is against the rules. report him to ebay for fraud because you bought the item and then he refused to accept your payment. Thats BS. You should leave him negative feedback and report him.
Bosox34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I saw that same lot up for sale on Ebay he had it up on there before for $299 and it never sold,I would report him as well
Dispatcher319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wrong section....
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Wrong section....
Oh...

In that case I have a Carlos Lee 2011 A&G relic for sale for $5
Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

That is so weak that punk is declining payment because he didn't get what he wanted. I'd email the seller first and ask for an explanation and then tell him/her if they don't honor the sale you have a electronic trail and you will be reporting him to eBay (he/she will lose). I also personally would wait to leave the neg rep until this is resolved. Then I would go to town. Hell I'd tell the seller you're also a very active member on this site and you'll make sure his ebay handle will be reported here as well...this site does get a TON of traffic.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Man let me give an explanation geez bro.
I honestly did sell it to someone on here, and I forgot about the auction.
I have midterms to study for and been working. I totally forgot about the auction.
You can Pm Navyduck8. He bought it from me. Sorry man.
Your pissed cause you were going to flip the thing anyways so just relax.
CMpunk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMpunk13 View Post
I have midterms to study for and been working. I totally forgot about the auction.
The buyer has every right to be upset, you flat out screwed up. It doesn't matter what he was going to do with the cards, and it shouldn't matter to you either. You certainly deserve the negative feedback that you will righfully get.
Ballerskrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Why he's pissed is completely irrelavent. YOU screwed up, don't contort the situation in a feeble attempt to trash him.

America is clearly wheezing its last ethical gasps.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh, in that case...
gocowboys31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Ya your right, i did screw up and deserve a negative.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

everyone makes mistakes not a big deal, happened to me a couple of times where the card is already sold and they forget to tell you. no need to get super upset it doesnt change the situation. its better to move on and will get something better it usually works out that way.
NavyDuck8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:36 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDuck8 View Post
everyone makes mistakes not a big deal, happened to me a couple of times where the card is already sold and they forget to tell you. no need to get super upset it doesnt change the situation. its better to move on and will get something better it usually works out that way.
Yeah eBay buyer who got screwed out of a good deal, move on. This should settle it.

Dan
DSizzle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSizzle31 View Post
Yeah eBay buyer who got screwed out of a good deal, move on. This should settle it.

Dan
nothings gonna happen complaining about it. It happens to everyone ur acting like it never happens and it happens all the time and the best thing is to move on and get over it and find the next good deal. How do u think i felt when i won a gretzky auto for $5 and the seller said said he sold it already. i moved on and got over it and found a pc card for a steal it all works out in the end. its not going to settle it but its better to just to move than sit there mad about a situation u cant change
Old 10-09-2012, 09:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Couldn't you fix it by giving thebrett the difference in the $98 and whatever you paid for it. So you get the cards, thebrett gets the profit if it was to resell, and punk gets the $98 that the cards were worth. If he doesn't agree that is there value, should have never put them as an auction. I believe on ebay you can post items at a set price with a BO option.

But maybe this is my simple brain at work.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDuck8 View Post
nothings gonna happen complaining about it. It happens to everyone ur acting like it never happens and it happens all the time and the best thing is to move on and get over it and find the next good deal. How do u think i felt when i won a gretzky auto for $5 and the seller said said he sold it already. i moved on and got over it and found a pc card for a steal it all works out in the end. its not going to settle it but its better to just to move than sit there mad about a situation u cant change
I have bought and sold quite a bit over the last 2 years and I stay in close contact with a few buddies who do the same and I can honestly say I have never, ever had this happen to me nor have they had it happen to them.

OP definitely leave the negative and I would create a thread in the member sales/feedback section warning everyone of these shady business practices. Be sure to include both the ebay name and BO name to warn everyone. Sorry it had to happen to you OP but thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpat21 View Post
I have bought and sold quite a bit over the last 2 years and I stay in close contact with a few buddies who do the same and I can honestly say I have never, ever had this happen to me nor have they had it happen to them.

OP definitely leave the negative and I would create a thread in the member sales/feedback section warning everyone of these shady business practices. Be sure to include both the ebay name and BO name to warn everyone. Sorry it had to happen to you OP but thanks for the heads up.
You know this is harassment?
And besides have everyone block me not really a big deal, I admitted I made a mistake. At least have the op post in the right section.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Instead he sent me this

I did in fact sell it to someone else. I don't need to prove it. But whatever I owe eBay 10 bucks big deal I sold it for more sorry man! Karma is a bitch!!

- angelfan36
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Which is cool considering I basically make almost every decision in every part of my life based on karma and a sense of paying it forward. I just don't understand how that sentiment applies here??? Do I deserve negatives for my declining of his request to cancel something I won fairly? Or is he predicting his own future misfortune?

Regardless, whatever. Wanted a Superfractor found a jerk to avoid in the future.

Please give me my $98 so I can look for another card. By the way, feel free to look at all of the cards I have "flipped" in my eBay career....

Keep looking...

Zero
Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpat21 View Post

i have for the last 10 years, it happens uve gotten lucky then some of my trades on these boards i got screwed but moved on same thing on scf and moved. im sorry to the op but its outta my hands i dont think i should have to give up a pc item.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrett View Post
Instead he sent me this

I did in fact sell it to someone else. I don't need to prove it. But whatever I owe eBay 10 bucks big deal I sold it for more sorry man! Karma is a bitch!!

- angelfan36
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Which is cool considering I basically make almost every decision in every part of my life based on karma and a sense of paying it forward. I just don't understand how that sentiment applies here??? Do I deserve negatives for my declining of his request to cancel something I won fairly? Or is he predicting his own future misfortune?

Regardless, whatever. Wanted a Superfractor found a jerk to avoid in the future.

Please give me my $98 so I can look for another card. By the way, feel free to look at all of the cards I have "flipped" in my eBay career....

Keep looking...

Zero
Quit crying, I made a mistake, I deserve a negative, end of story.
Mistakes happen I'm owning up to it, I should have cancelled the auction but I forgot, My mistake, Alright?
I really hope Brett you have never made a mistake in your life.

Last edited by CMpunk13; 10-09-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #21 (permalink)

This crap happened to me recently except it was a Bundy bowman chrome auto and it was BIN or best offer. Seller accepted my offer then pms me 15 minutes later to cancel the transaction because he accepted my offer before he had learned Bundy was called up. He wanted me to pay more than the offer he accepted or agree to cancel the transaction. It was a total joke, but what are you going to do? I relented knowing I was in the right and probably won't ever buy anything from hm again. Of course the Bundy wasn't a 1/1, which made it easier to take. You can't fix stupid...
ageofreason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

True story, TheBrett did text me very excited about the pickup, later to forward me those messages you read up there. If your going to be buying and selling you need to stay on top of things. Shame on the buyer to not notice there was an auction running with an item he just purchased and not reminding to end the auction. If I buy and seller doesn't end auction within a few hours I will request refund.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
This crap happened to me recently except it was a Bundy bowman chrome auto and it was BIN or best offer. Seller accepted my offer then pms me 15 minutes later to cancel the transaction because he accepted my offer before he had learned Bundy was called up. He wanted me to pay more than the offer he accepted or agree to cancel the transaction. It was a total joke, but what are you going to do? I relented knowing I was in the right and probably won't ever buy anything from hm again. Of course the Bundy wasn't a 1/1, which made it easier to take. You can't fix stupid...
So your calling me stupid?
Old 10-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofreason13 View Post
You can't fix stupid...
Old 10-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

You guys are douchebags.
You guys think ur so cool bashing me when I admitted fault!!
You want to be internet tough guys.
LOL