Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > BASEBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE

BASEBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE Post your Baseball Singles Buy/Sell/Trade needs here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #51 (permalink)

Any Interest in This??

Last edited by Artchie; 03-25-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Artchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #52 (permalink)

def interested in the Butler Orange but nowhere near that price boss. I spent about half that on mine this last week. I wish I could get even 400 for mine lol
Old 09-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #53 (permalink)

So what you're saying is you're not interested in it, then?

That's cool. Maybe somebody else who didn't buy one of the remaining 23 or so will be interested. You never know! That's the funny thing about these low run cards. After a bit, fewer and fewer show up on the market, or else when they are flipped, the guy who bought one originally wants to make a profit off of it.

Tell you what, though. I'm definitely interested in yours, and I'll buy it off you tonight for about half of what I have mine listed for.

Sound good? Send me your paypal. It's a 9.5/10, right?

Shipley and Renfroe Rainbows completed in 9.5/10 or better. I'm interested now in the Dustin Peterson rainbow. I need the super. Anyone out there know who has it?

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 09-05-2013 at 10:56 AM.
proteinwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:48 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by proteinwisdom View Post
So what you're saying is you're not interested in it, then?

That's cool. Maybe somebody else who didn't by one of the remaining 23 or so will be interested. You never know! That's the funny thing about this low run cards. After a bit, fewer and fewer show up on the market, or else when they are flipped, the guy who bought one originally wants to make a profit off of it.

Tell you what, though. I'm definitely interested in yours, and I'll by it off you tonight for about half of what I have mine listed for.

Sound good? Send me your paypal. It's a 9.5/10, right?
I cannot tell if this is a thick layer of sarcasm, genuine negotiation, or a defensive response.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #55 (permalink)

I am interested if the price you listed in in pesos or yen and not dollars. And no you cant touch my Butler 9.5/10 or wait are you interested or just saying youre interested but not really interested?
Old 09-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
I cannot tell if this is a thick layer of sarcasm, genuine negotiation, or a defensive response.
Who says it can't be all of the above?

Shipley and Renfroe Rainbows completed in 9.5/10 or better. I'm interested now in the Dustin Peterson rainbow. I need the super. Anyone out there know who has it?

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 09-05-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpdst2 View Post
He cant deliver me sarcasm, I deal with real sarcasm on a daily basis working young soldiers, marines, airmen and sailors.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
I am interested if the price you listed in in pesos or yen and not dollars. And no you cant touch my Butler 9.5/10 or wait are you interested or just saying youre interested but not really interested?
No, I AM interested. I'll buy yours for half of my listing price, which is where you expect me to sell mine. Only I'll add a dollar. To sweeten the deal for you. $238, right?

What's your PayPal? Let's do this thang!

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 09-04-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I AM interested. I'll buy yours for half of my listing price, which is where you expect me to sell mine. Only I'll add a dollar. To sweeten the deal for you.

What's your PayPal? Let's do this thang!
difference between you and I is you are actively selling yours and I'm not so why would I agree to that? I was attempting to make a realistic offer and all you had to do was say no thanks rather than give some BS high and mighty lecture about nonsense. Pretty simple. Seems to be a trend with you.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #60 (permalink)

475 is an insane price. i have purchased a decent amount of butler stuff as well and i cant see anyone paying that. clearly you have absolutely no intention of selling any of these cards, you just want to feel superior to everyone else by posting them.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #61 (permalink)

This is why I don't buy Orange cards. The title of this thread reminds me of a strip club owner letting his customers in for free but adding an extra zero behind the cost of the neighbor strip joint's for a lap dance.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
clearly you have absolutely no intention of selling any of these cards, you just want to feel superior to everyone else by posting them.

Ah. Except for the ones that sold, you mean. Which would be, let's see... a Machado Gold auto rookie, a Machado Ref, a Soler Gold auto (raw), a Springer Ref 10/10 auto, a Springer 10/10 Blue auto, a Gallo Gold, a Baez Blue auto, a Butler Blue (raw), and Butler Purple (raw). Those I must have intended to sell. Naturally, the fact that I'm in Colorado has no bearing on price.

And really, I don't post the cards to feel superior. I post them to let people who may be interested know where they are.

Because then, you see, they may buy them!

Grow up. Take your inferiority issues to another thread.

Quote:
I was attempting to make a realistic offer
I didn't see an offer. I saw somebody declaring publicly that he has no interest in the card, as if I were here demanding that he not only show up and be interested, but that he buy the thing under penalty of death.

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 09-04-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #63 (permalink)

alright you tell me this seriously are you expecting someone to pay near your asking price on the Butler right now? I mean Im as big a Butler fan as any right now but theres just no way you can justify near half a grand.

I lived in Colorado for 6 years recently and I know the smell of the green stuff there is intense but damn man are you sitting on pile of that while typing some of these prices in?!?

And yes im attempting to have an adult convo with you here until the next time you decide to make snide comments.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #64 (permalink)

how about we just agree to disagree here. I'm not looking to waste my time arguing with a wall. You let me know who buys it for 475 so I can sell them mine as well.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #65 (permalink)

The only way to settle this: post every card on eBay as a 7 day auction starting at .99 cents! Then we all predict the final prices for each card and see who's closer!
Old 09-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #66 (permalink)

Here's what I can tell you: there are 25 of these. You have one. I have one. There's one on eBay. That leaves 22.

Of those remaining 22, I'm not certain how many are 9.5/10s. Let's say half.

That leaves 14 9.5/10s.

You just noted you aren't selling yours. Fine. That brings it down to 13. I'm selling mine, but only at the price I'm comfortable letting it go at. This is a finite market. People have to decide who they want to take a chance on and at what price. Once the one on eBay sells, perhaps mine is next up. Or maybe it's the one after that, or the one after that...

People can pay my asking price or not. If they do, great, they have one of the 25. If they don't, cool. I keep it, and it either goes up or goes down in value.

Some of my prices are in keeping with the current market; some are to assure that once the current market value rises, I'll still have the card to sell at that price point.

And the best part is, nobody is forced to buy anything, look at anything, inquire about anything, etc. It's all about free will here!

Quote:
The only way to settle this: post every card on eBay as a 7 day auction starting at .99 cents! Then we all predict the final prices for each card and see who's closer!
Why do they have to sell in 7 days?

Patience.

It pays off, trust me.

Last edited by proteinwisdom; 09-04-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #67 (permalink)

I chose 7 days because I would be entertained by watching the auctions

I'd hold like half of these cards for a few more years, in all seriousness if you're in no hurry to sell then why not overvalue.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #68 (permalink)

I'm in no hurry on most of these here precisely because they are limited and the market value is difficult to determine. Some of the cards here have a pop of 1 or 2.

Here's an example of my selling things that are more readily attainable, or that I don't personally collect.

I think you'll find those prices at or under eBay.

-- Which I'm just pointing out to feel superior.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:

Why do they have to sell in 7 days?

Patience.

It pays off, trust me.
Well put! I have sold some of my stuff to make a quick buck in the past and that bit me in the ass too many times. Now I only sell my stuff at prices that I'm comfortable letting them go at. Honestly I know when I get cards from you they are going to be amazing cards, amazing quality and an amazing investment.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:18 AM   #70 (permalink)

Great Cards Jeff...... Some of them you can not find anywhere else...... Bump it to the top!!!!!!
Texas2Pacards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

Whats the price on the trout orange??
brianbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #72 (permalink)

I'll take one of each please. Not sure how I missed this thread but damn that is some sweet cardboard candy.

As for the prices, they are certainly optimistic but I completely agree with the OP here. They are low #'d and prospects. They could very easily go up and he doesn't want to undersell. They can also go down just as easily and that is a chance he is willing to take. If you are a buyer shoot an offer otherwise just admire like I am and move on. If he had to sell and was making multiple threads I get why someone would point out the high prices but for what he is doing I get it.

I think the great philosopher, Ron White, said it best, "I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability".
jmscoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #73 (permalink)

Way too low end for me.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #74 (permalink)

Just picked up a Gallo Orange auto GEM MT and a Selman Gold auto PRISTINE.

Also have a couple of Correas Color chrome autos and a 2006 auto Kershaw Blue Chrome Ref on the way.

So stay tuned! This thread is an ONGOING thread; therefore, the prices are set as advertised pricing, not quick sale pricing.

I'm not a pawn shop. And there's no law yet passed saying that you must purchase cards from me.
-- At least until I can prove that it's a function of health care, and so mandated by the federal government. At which time, y'all are going to have to pony up!

Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #75 (permalink)

would you be interested in a harper bowman chrome usa buyback auto bgs 9.5/9? i'm looking to trade down for a harper gold ref auto.
HaiDog is offline   Reply With Quote