Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Nodie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 5,194
Default Rangers Lead 3 - 1

Wow just looking at the game the Yankees really look defeated. 2 back to back games where they get burned in the late innings. Thought this would be a closer series
__________________
#Team Connor
Running For Connor - http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/556420-running-connor.html

Last edited by Nodie27; 10-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
IndySportsCards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indy
Posts: 22,796
Default

W00T! One more game Rangers!
__________________
Indy's CGC Gradings Master Thread - http://tinyurl.com/p45agbh
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
lrogge1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fairmont, MN
Posts: 3,209
Default

how about them yanks
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,114
Default

10-3 rangers get owned yankees...
__________________
Looking for 1968 TOPPS #177 METS ROOKIE STARS
1959 Topps Don Drysdale #387
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
ROOKIES:looking for Buster Posey and Ike Davis
piazza31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,644
Default

And Cliff Lee will be ready to fire if needed. Love it!
__________________
Looking for Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) rookies!
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 2,478
Default

So great! Maybe they will chant MVP for Hamilton instead of Cano tomorrow. I love me some evil empire beat downs. Lets go Rangers!
Rufusyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
bboi30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Killa Kali
Posts: 5,578
Default

Im sure 90's is stoked right now. Good to see someone else winning other than the yankees for once. No offense to Yankees fans.
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 452
Default

I'll believe it's over when it's over. Can't get over punting game 1, especially right now.
astrosox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,644
Default

I think I hear Teixiera's out the rest of the series?
__________________
Looking for Johnny Gaudreau (Calgary Flames) rookies!
If you put “the” and “IRS” together, it spells “theirs”.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosox View Post
I'll believe it's over when it's over. Can't get over punting game 1, especially right now.
ya shouldve been a sweep but watever..... 3-1 isnt bad
__________________
Looking for 1968 TOPPS #177 METS ROOKIE STARS
1959 Topps Don Drysdale #387
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
ROOKIES:looking for Buster Posey and Ike Davis
piazza31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
YanksBillsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,740
Default

Definitely a beat down at the hands of the Rangers. If games lasted 5 innings then the series would've looked a lot closer.

I was hoping that the Yanks would've drawn TB instead of Texas. Once the Rangers advanced I had that uneasy feeling since they were a bad match-up for the Yanks from the start. Good for the Rangers though, it's hard to hate a team that plays the game right and that starts at the very top with Ryan.

Enough of the horn stuff though.
__________________
Collecting:
Brett Gardner, Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin, Kiko Alonso
YanksBillsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
SethMurphy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cambridge Springs/Erie, PA
Posts: 9,952
Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
Im sure 90's is stoked right now. Good to see someone else winning other than the yankees for once. No offense to Yankees fans.
this makes no sense to me.... over the past 9 seasons (2001-09) the Yankees have won one world series title (09) in three appearances (01,03, 09).... and while they made the postseason in eight of those nine seasons, six times they didn't advance to the world series.... so how can you say you like to see someone else win, Boston has won two world series since 2004, are you tired of seeing them win too.
__________________
http://s898.photobucket.com/albums/ac186/Seth_Murphy/

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,414
Default

This space reserved for distraught Yankee fans to begin quoting # of series wins, division titles etc. etc. etc. with most coming long before they were born on this board. Proceed .................
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,151
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Lets Go Rangers!

Just found out that my brother has his companies season tickets for todays Yankees game, so I will be going to hopefully see them eliminate the Yanks and beat fat CC.

I am not a Rangers fan, but I WILL be wearing a Rangers hat today
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
onenineeightsix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,931
Default

Teixeira tore his hamstring and will be out for the rest of the playoffs. Thats what was reported last night anyway.
__________________
LF: 2007 SP Legendary Americana
2013 Gypsy Queen Wade Miley Autographs
onenineeightsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,151
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Quote:
this makes no sense to me.... over the past 9 seasons (2001-09) the Yankees have won one world series title (09) in three appearances (01,03, 09).... and while they made the postseason in eight of those nine seasons, six times they didn't advance to the world series.... so how can you say you like to see someone else win, Boston has won two world series since 2004, are you tired of seeing them win too.
I will tell you why it makes sense, at least IMO. The Yankees are literally an All Star team. They are always hands on favorite to win the WS basically. People like to see them [and other 250M payroll teams, if there were any] lose - especially since a lot of people do not like AROD, and other Yankees.

And yes, the Sox won two WS - and I guarantee you NOW, that most people who are not Sox fans would be rooting for TEXAS, just like in 04 most folks who were NOT Yanks fans wanted Boston to win ... now that the Sox have won 2 WS, are usually in the postseason every year, etc, they have lost that "loveable loser" status, and are lumped in with other high payroll teams that most dont want to see win.
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
bd3d86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
this makes no sense to me.... over the past 9 seasons (2001-09) the Yankees have won one world series title (09) in three appearances (01,03, 09).... and while they made the postseason in eight of those nine seasons, six times they didn't advance to the world series.... so how can you say you like to see someone else win, Boston has won two world series since 2004, are you tired of seeing them win too.
You are joking right? The Yankees made it to the playoffs 8 out of 9 years, make it to the World Series 3 of those years, and win one title and you wonder why people would like to see someone else win? I would love to have my team even have a CHANCE to make it to the World Series each year by making the playoffs. It's like Duke in college basketball, the Wings in hockey, and any other team that is always there at playoff time. People just want to see someone new win it all. I'm rooting for the Giants and Texas because that would be a whole new series with 2 teams that haven't been there in awhile (for Texas never).

By the way, I'm tired of Boston too.
__________________
Always looking for Detroit Tigers certified autographs that I don't have....GO TIGERS!!!
My Collection: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/gallery/78008-my-detroit-tigers-autograph-pc-take-look-scan-heavy.html
bd3d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
bd3d86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
And yes, the Sox won two WS - and I guarantee you NOW, that most people who are not Sox fans would be rooting for TEXAS, just like in 04 most folks who were NOT Yanks fans wanted Boston to win ... now that the Sox have won 2 WS, are usually in the postseason every year, etc, they have lost that "loveable loser" status, and are lumped in with other high payroll teams that most dont want to see win.
Exactly!
__________________
Always looking for Detroit Tigers certified autographs that I don't have....GO TIGERS!!!
My Collection: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/gallery/78008-my-detroit-tigers-autograph-pc-take-look-scan-heavy.html
bd3d86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Bill22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 5 Towns, NY
Posts: 1,015
Default

It's been like watching when the Yankees played the Marlins. Lethargic once again is the way the Team is playing

Last edited by Bill22; 10-20-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Nodie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 5,194
Default

i know it isn't over yet, but this will be great for Texas. Although i know it's going to be bad for ratings. Who knows, maybe now great players from each franchise will come back and own their teams. Cal Ripken Jr. and Orioles? George Brett and Royals? hmmmmm
__________________
#Team Connor
Running For Connor - http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/556420-running-connor.html
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,325
Default

Bingo! Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I will tell you why it makes sense, at least IMO. The Yankees are literally an All Star team. They are always hands on favorite to win the WS basically. People like to see them [and other 250M payroll teams, if there were any] lose - especially since a lot of people do not like AROD, and other Yankees.

And yes, the Sox won two WS - and I guarantee you NOW, that most people who are not Sox fans would be rooting for TEXAS, just like in 04 most folks who were NOT Yanks fans wanted Boston to win ... now that the Sox have won 2 WS, are usually in the postseason every year, etc, they have lost that "loveable loser" status, and are lumped in with other high payroll teams that most dont want to see win.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
i know it isn't over yet, but this will be great for Texas. Although i know it's going to be bad for ratings. Who knows, maybe now great players from each franchise will come back and own their teams. Cal Ripken Jr. and Orioles? George Brett and Royals? hmmmmm
Ryne Sandberg and the Cubs? Ooh, sorry.
yankeesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Nodie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Downey, CA
Posts: 5,194
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesman View Post
Ryne Sandberg and the Cubs? Ooh, sorry.
lol yeah so much for that
__________________
#Team Connor
Running For Connor - http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/off-topic/556420-running-connor.html
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
this makes no sense to me.... over the past 9 seasons (2001-09) the Yankees have won one world series title (09) in three appearances (01,03, 09).... and while they made the postseason in eight of those nine seasons, six times they didn't advance to the world series.... so how can you say you like to see someone else win, Boston has won two world series since 2004, are you tired of seeing them win too.
it was only a matter of time before an obnoxious yankee fan came on talking about his titles and world series and wins and crap.... yayy
__________________
Looking for 1968 TOPPS #177 METS ROOKIE STARS
1959 Topps Don Drysdale #387
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
ROOKIES:looking for Buster Posey and Ike Davis

Last edited by piazza31; 10-20-2010 at 03:26 PM.
piazza31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
You are joking right? The Yankees made it to the playoffs 8 out of 9 years, make it to the World Series 3 of those years, and win one title and you wonder why people would like to see someone else win? I would love to have my team even have a CHANCE to make it to the World Series each year by making the playoffs. It's like Duke in college basketball, the Wings in hockey, and any other team that is always there at playoff time. People just want to see someone new win it all. I'm rooting for the Giants and Texas because that would be a whole new series with 2 teams that haven't been there in awhile (for Texas never).
AMAZING POST! right on the point 100% in my opinion of course lol

RANGERS--GIANTS WS! woooo!!! thats wat im hoping for atleast
__________________
Looking for 1968 TOPPS #177 METS ROOKIE STARS
1959 Topps Don Drysdale #387
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
ROOKIES:looking for Buster Posey and Ike Davis

Last edited by piazza31; 10-20-2010 at 03:31 PM.
piazza31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.