Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rangers Lead 3 - 1

Wow just looking at the game the Yankees really look defeated. 2 back to back games where they get burned in the late innings. Thought this would be a closer series

Last edited by Nodie27; 10-20-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Nodie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

W00T! One more game Rangers!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

how about them yanks
lrogge1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

10-3 rangers get owned yankees...
Looking for 1968 TOPPS #177 METS ROOKIE STARS
1959 Topps Don Drysdale #387
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
ROOKIES:looking for Buster Posey and Ike Davis
piazza31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

And Cliff Lee will be ready to fire if needed. Love it!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

So great! Maybe they will chant MVP for Hamilton instead of Cano tomorrow. I love me some evil empire beat downs. Lets go Rangers!
Rufusyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Im sure 90's is stoked right now. Good to see someone else winning other than the yankees for once. No offense to Yankees fans.
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

I'll believe it's over when it's over. Can't get over punting game 1, especially right now.
astrosox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think I hear Teixiera's out the rest of the series?
Old 10-20-2010, 01:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosox View Post
I'll believe it's over when it's over. Can't get over punting game 1, especially right now.
ya shouldve been a sweep but watever..... 3-1 isnt bad
Collect Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, Andre Ethier, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, Mets, 60s and 70s Topps
Old 10-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #11 (permalink)

Definitely a beat down at the hands of the Rangers. If games lasted 5 innings then the series would've looked a lot closer.

I was hoping that the Yanks would've drawn TB instead of Texas. Once the Rangers advanced I had that uneasy feeling since they were a bad match-up for the Yanks from the start. Good for the Rangers though, it's hard to hate a team that plays the game right and that starts at the very top with Ryan.

Enough of the horn stuff though.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboi30 View Post
Im sure 90's is stoked right now. Good to see someone else winning other than the yankees for once. No offense to Yankees fans.
this makes no sense to me.... over the past 9 seasons (2001-09) the Yankees have won one world series title (09) in three appearances (01,03, 09).... and while they made the postseason in eight of those nine seasons, six times they didn't advance to the world series.... so how can you say you like to see someone else win, Boston has won two world series since 2004, are you tired of seeing them win too.

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

This space reserved for distraught Yankee fans to begin quoting # of series wins, division titles etc. etc. etc. with most coming long before they were born on this board. Proceed .................

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Lets Go Rangers!

Just found out that my brother has his companies season tickets for todays Yankees game, so I will be going to hopefully see them eliminate the Yanks and beat fat CC.

I am not a Rangers fan, but I WILL be wearing a Rangers hat today

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #15 (permalink)

Teixeira tore his hamstring and will be out for the rest of the playoffs. Thats what was reported last night anyway.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Quote:
this makes no sense to me.... over the past 9 seasons (2001-09) the Yankees have won one world series title (09) in three appearances (01,03, 09).... and while they made the postseason in eight of those nine seasons, six times they didn't advance to the world series.... so how can you say you like to see someone else win, Boston has won two world series since 2004, are you tired of seeing them win too.
I will tell you why it makes sense, at least IMO. The Yankees are literally an All Star team. They are always hands on favorite to win the WS basically. People like to see them [and other 250M payroll teams, if there were any] lose - especially since a lot of people do not like AROD, and other Yankees.

And yes, the Sox won two WS - and I guarantee you NOW, that most people who are not Sox fans would be rooting for TEXAS, just like in 04 most folks who were NOT Yanks fans wanted Boston to win ... now that the Sox have won 2 WS, are usually in the postseason every year, etc, they have lost that "loveable loser" status, and are lumped in with other high payroll teams that most dont want to see win.

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
You are joking right? The Yankees made it to the playoffs 8 out of 9 years, make it to the World Series 3 of those years, and win one title and you wonder why people would like to see someone else win? I would love to have my team even have a CHANCE to make it to the World Series each year by making the playoffs. It's like Duke in college basketball, the Wings in hockey, and any other team that is always there at playoff time. People just want to see someone new win it all. I'm rooting for the Giants and Texas because that would be a whole new series with 2 teams that haven't been there in awhile (for Texas never).

By the way, I'm tired of Boston too.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
And yes, the Sox won two WS - and I guarantee you NOW, that most people who are not Sox fans would be rooting for TEXAS, just like in 04 most folks who were NOT Yanks fans wanted Boston to win ... now that the Sox have won 2 WS, are usually in the postseason every year, etc, they have lost that "loveable loser" status, and are lumped in with other high payroll teams that most dont want to see win.
Exactly!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)

It's been like watching when the Yankees played the Marlins. Lethargic once again is the way the Team is playing

Last edited by Bill22; 10-20-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: typo
Bill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #20 (permalink)

i know it isn't over yet, but this will be great for Texas. Although i know it's going to be bad for ratings. Who knows, maybe now great players from each franchise will come back and own their teams. Cal Ripken Jr. and Orioles? George Brett and Royals? hmmmmm
Old 10-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #21 (permalink)

Bingo! Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
I will tell you why it makes sense, at least IMO. The Yankees are literally an All Star team. They are always hands on favorite to win the WS basically. People like to see them [and other 250M payroll teams, if there were any] lose - especially since a lot of people do not like AROD, and other Yankees.

BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodie27 View Post
i know it isn't over yet, but this will be great for Texas. Although i know it's going to be bad for ratings. Who knows, maybe now great players from each franchise will come back and own their teams. Cal Ripken Jr. and Orioles? George Brett and Royals? hmmmmm
Ryne Sandberg and the Cubs? Ooh, sorry.
yankeesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesman View Post
Ryne Sandberg and the Cubs? Ooh, sorry.
lol yeah so much for that
Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy View Post
it was only a matter of time before an obnoxious yankee fan came on talking about his titles and world series and wins and crap.... yayy

Last edited by piazza31; 10-20-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:28 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
You are joking right? The Yankees made it to the playoffs 8 out of 9 years, make it to the World Series 3 of those years, and win one title and you wonder why people would like to see someone else win? I would love to have my team even have a CHANCE to make it to the World Series each year by making the playoffs. It's like Duke in college basketball, the Wings in hockey, and any other team that is always there at playoff time. People just want to see someone new win it all. I'm rooting for the Giants and Texas because that would be a whole new series with 2 teams that haven't been there in awhile (for Texas never).
AMAZING POST! right on the point 100% in my opinion of course lol

RANGERS--GIANTS WS! woooo!!! thats wat im hoping for atleast

Last edited by piazza31; 10-20-2010 at 03:31 PM.