Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
There is no way...AL East is too tough for them to hang in there. Pitching wins games and their staff is unproven...they are definitely headed in the right direction with their young team and prospects but it wont be this year. Give them a year or two and I would say it is possible...

Championships are not won in the first half of the season. Boston and New York will both fill some of their needs before the trading deadline and will battle it out for the top spot. Only one team will make it from the AL East and they will represent the AL in the Series.
I agree Rays make the playoffs.
Somebody said the Red Sox will get their bullpen together??? NO! The bullpen will get worse. Timlin is a washed up 42 year old! Teams have figured out Okajima since the end of last year.
The Yankees have Wang, Kennedy, Hughes, Damon, Matsui, Posada all hurt for extended amount of time. Posada won't be able to catch anymore, the Yankees have no good 1 or 2 pitcher, I don't think eitheir team will make it out of the first round if they make the playoffs.
The Yankees and Boston won't both make the playoffs this year, and I think the Yankees are so hurt and still above 500 meaning that when they get healthy, mark my word, they will sweep the red sox at the sox will miss the playoffs. The sox are still relatively healthy, and something bad is due to happen and they will not recover.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Angels over Phillies in 7
nbalinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Somebody said the Red Sox will get their bullpen together??? NO! The bullpen will get worse. Timlin is a washed up 42 year old! Teams have figured out Okajima since the end of last year.
I agree about Timlin and Okajima but they still have Delcarmen and Lopez if Francona uses them right, they will probably use either Buchholz or Masterson out of the pen down the stretch, and they will still probably pull the trigger on a trade to strengthen it.

Checkoutmycards ID: kelleys1
kelleys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #29 (permalink)

cubs, rays
UCLAalumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleys1 View Post
I agree about Timlin and Okajima but they still have Delcarmen and Lopez if Francona uses them right, they will probably use either Buchholz or Masterson out of the pen down the stretch, and they will still probably pull the trigger on a trade to strengthen it.
That is true but how much did Gagne help them last year? A trade does not always help you out.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote