Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2008, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post 08 Triple Threads, 08 Legendary Cuts or 08 Piece of History CASE???

I used to collect a lot and then took a long break...but im back now and looking to buy a case of high end product to bust and see if i can flip/pull some good high dollar cards...Cant decide between 08 legendary cuts, 08 triple threads and 08 Piece of History...any info/opinions/help would be greatly appreciated...i didnt get much help from the "other" forum...I know triple threads has a lot of hit and miss and some fluff boxes but i feel the hits there should be the most valuable...looking foward to your responses...thanks!

-AJ
highheat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

AJ Welcome. I would go with Triple Threads. One of the best products year after year and with the additional HOF players now, this has the potential to be huge.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to arodfan17

triple threads hands down, its going to be insane
arodfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

with all high-end products, the risk you are taking is huge.

with most of the cards you pull, knowing when and how long to auction them for is almost as important as the cards you do pull. so be careful when spending a few grand.
go_steelers07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default Good Points

Very good points but @ $2800.00 for triple threads 18 box master case...is it possible to make out on top??????
highheat80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by highheat80 View Post
Very good points but @ $2800.00 for triple threads 18 box master case...is it possible to make out on top??????
Steelers said it best. Depends on when you get your product, how quickly you get it listed, and luck when dealing with high end product. Triple Threads, in my opinion is still the best because it has not been released yet and you can set it up to have it right out of the gate. Content in it is also supposed to be huge this year and it is always a fun rip. I don't buy much in baseball, but always buy a couple boxes of this because it is such a fun rip.
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Here is my opinion on the matter. LC came out too long ago, great when it first hit and the Mystery Cut cards were selling for $600+, now down to, hell I don't even know but not nearly as much. Piece of History is a Piece of Crap <---(Play on words ) but its cheaper and can produce some nice cards, but not as likely as LC. So that basically leaves TTT, which looks great right now, especially with the addition of the CMG guys. That is going to be your best bet to make money, even with the $2800 price tag. Or save it and go for 08 Sterling or do Some 07/08 Cup hockey