Blowout Cards Forums
2017 Fire & Ice

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASEBALL

BASEBALL Post your Baseball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2017, 06:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default BGS Order Late

I know there has been endless threads on this but wanted to add my experience. They were late on my 70 card 20-day order (yes I know 5 day fluctuation). However, they went over the extra 5 days as well, I called them on the morning of the 26th business day to ask what happened as it was now past their guarantee. I was not given a good answer over the phone but my cards were all of a sudden graded within 2 hours and I was told that they would speak with a director in regards to a refund for going over. To their credit I received a follow up from the director of my region and he made it right. I was given the option of a full refund of the grading fees or 70 free submissions. Just wanted to share my story in case anyone else has been having issues lately and also give them kudos for handling the situation quickly and to my satisfaction.
jppicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

For being only one day late you scored!
Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppicks View Post
I know there has been endless threads on this but wanted to add my experience. They were late on my 70 card 20-day order (yes I know 5 day fluctuation). However, they went over the extra 5 days as well, I called them on the morning of the 26th business day to ask what happened as it was now past their guarantee. I was not given a good answer over the phone but my cards were all of a sudden graded within 2 hours and I was told that they would speak with a director in regards to a refund for going over. To their credit I received a follow up from the director of my region and he made it right. I was given the option of a full refund of the grading fees or 70 free submissions. Just wanted to share my story in case anyone else has been having issues lately and also give them kudos for handling the situation quickly and to my satisfaction.
Nice job by them.

I would take the refund. Which did you do?
Old 03-20-2017, 06:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlScott View Post
For being only one day late you scored!
No doubt, that is going above and beyond.

"That cat looks like a pillar of justice, a beacon of freedom, a symbol of equality. It is just fantastic".
jmscoggin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

wow thats pretty awesome customer service in my opinion.

If that were Topps I would imagine a very different outcome.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chad View Post
If that were Topps I would imagine a very different outcome.
They would have issued an open ended redemption for his submission.

"That cat looks like a pillar of justice, a beacon of freedom, a symbol of equality. It is just fantastic".
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
They would have said

"Ok I know you had 100 cards for 10 day grading so how about we do 50 cards on 20 day grading, 17 cards on 2 day grading and the remaining 33 whenever we get to it."
Old 03-20-2017, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peties Army View Post
Nice job by them.

I would take the refund. Which did you do?
I took the credits because any service level was offered and I didn't have to do all 70 in one submission. I am able to do smaller 2-day submissions for the next 70 cards I send in and only pay shipping and insurance for each order if I want cards graded quickly. After the long wait for 20-day service, well over 6 weeks from when I sent I valued the faster service at my disposal.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jppicks View Post
I took the credits because any service level was offered and I didn't have to do all 70 in one submission. I am able to do smaller 2-day submissions for the next 70 cards I send in and only pay shipping and insurance for each order if I want cards graded quickly. After the long wait for 20-day service, well over 6 weeks from when I sent I valued the faster service at my disposal.
unbelievable deal.
dchurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscoggin View Post
I doubt it would have been open ended. They used to have promotions in the past that were open ended, but from personal experience they got pretty anxious when 30 days turned into 6+ months.

Either way nice score! I would have taken the refund on the spot.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
I doubt it would have been open ended. They used to have promotions in the past that were open ended, but from personal experience they got pretty anxious when 30 days turned into 6+ months.
You missed the joke, it was 'what would Topps have done".

Old 03-20-2017, 09:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

The exact same situation is happening to me.

BGS pop date for 10 day order was March 13th. Today is business day 16 and there is no sign of my cards appearing on any pop reports.

Instead of splitting time between BGS and PSA, I'm debating taking my business 100% straight to PSA. IF the grades pop tomorrow, I'm basically 3 days away from having received a 20 day sub pop time but for 10 day pricing.

Insane
It is my mission in this great hobby to free EVERY raw card from it's burden of being trapped in a dirty, grimy penny sleeve, taped up top loader, inside some fat guys monster box. All cards belong in SLABS!
imbluestreak23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbluestreak23 View Post
The exact same situation is happening to me.

BGS pop date for 10 day order was March 13th. Today is business day 16 and there is no sign of my cards appearing on any pop reports.

Instead of splitting time between BGS and PSA, I'm debating taking my business 100% straight to PSA. IF the grades pop tomorrow, I'm basically 3 days away from having received a 20 day sub pop time but for 10 day pricing.

Insane
If the date was the 13th then today is the 5th day past the "due date". Technically if they came today they are inside their terms of service.

Mine were due (day 25) on Friday and popped today.
If you post a buying thread I will ask you what you're paying as per forum rules.
jewcer2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

Same situation for me. BGS received cards on 2/10/17 on a 20 day submission. Today was business day #25 (accounting for Presidents Day as a holiday too) and no sign of grading in sight. I will call tomorrow and if offered I will take the 70 submissions.
freudianslip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
If the date was the 13th then today is the 5th day past the "due date". Technically if they came today they are inside their terms of service.

Mine were due (day 25) on Friday and popped today.
I suppose thats true, as day 10 does not count as the 5 extra days.

Regardless, I'm not expecting to see any poppage tonight as I've checked all pop reports, and there isn't even a placeholder for the card being graded. Tomorrow they are officiallly late.

This service is just flat out poor.
It is my mission in this great hobby to free EVERY raw card from it's burden of being trapped in a dirty, grimy penny sleeve, taped up top loader, inside some fat guys monster box. All cards belong in SLABS!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I suppose hats true, as day 10 does not count as the 5 extra days.

Regardless, I'm not expecting to see any poppage tonight as I've checked all pop reports, and there isn't even a placeholder for the card being graded.

This service is just flat out poor.
They stopped doing the place holder nearly a year ago.
If you post a buying thread I will ask you what you're paying as per forum rules.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
They stopped doing the place holder nearly a year ago.
My last order had placeholders on the pop report. Keep in mind this is for a stretch of like 30 minutes. That was last month.

Card shows up, but no grade or sub grade. Just an item number. You can literally search each card and see in real time the team updating the order by searching at the right time on the pop report.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
My last order had placeholders on the pop report. That was last month.

Card shows up, but no grade or sub grade. Just an item number. You can literally search each card and see in real time the team updating the order by searching at the right time on the pop report.
I haven't had place holders for about a year and was told they stopped doing them. Could be because I do aggregate submissions but idk.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianslip View Post
Same situation for me. BGS received cards on 2/10/17 on a 20 day submission. Today was business day #25 (accounting for Presidents Day as a holiday too) and no sign of grading in sight. I will call tomorrow and if offered I will take the 70 submissions.
Presidents day is not listed as one of their recognized holidays. Just an fyi.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I haven't had place holders for about a year and was told they stopped doing them. Could be because I do aggregate submissions but idk.
I'm confused by what you mean by place holder

Do you mean they place the card and show it has no grades but takes up a serial number?

If that is what you are calling a placeholder, then yes they still do that.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Beyond
Giving any
Sh*ts
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:37 PM   #22 (permalink)

Just got off the phone with Derrick at BGS. He was friendly and helpful. He also acknowledged that BGS had blown past both the 20 day estimate and the additional 5 day grace period beyond that for my order.

As a result he offered me either (1) a full and complete refund of my 13 card submission, or (2) a free upgrade to FedEx overnight (I paid for Fed Ex 2 day) and "a couple of dollars off each card" for my next grading submission.

I mentioned this forum and specifically this thread regarding OP being given the option of either a full refund or 70 free grading submissions (likely because BGS was late on OP's 70 card submission). I asked if BGS would offer me a proportional number of free submissions instead of a refund.

Derrick kindly informed me that he was familiar with this thread and OP's claim that he was offered 70 free submissions but that BGS did not make the OP such an offer. He further stated that a few other people's orders were delayed and that everybody was being given the same choice of remedies--a full refund or upgraded shipping and a small discount on a future submission. I accepted the full and complete refund option...

I have no reason to question OP. I think he was given that offer but after reading this thread, BGS may have realized that they can't make such a generous offer to everyone.

In closing, I also wanted to mention the first customer service rep I spoke with was named Roxy Resma. Unfortunately, I found Ms. Resma to be rude and unhelpful. She didn't seem to care much about discussing the issue and/or identifying a solution.
freudianslip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Derrick at BGS. He was friendly and helpful. He also acknowledged that BGS had blown past both the 20 day estimate and the additional 5 day grace period beyond that for my order.

As a result he offered me either (1) a full and complete refund of my 13 card submission, or (2) a free upgrade to FedEx overnight (I paid for Fed Ex 2 day) and "a couple of dollars off each card" for my next grading submission.

I mentioned this forum and specifically this thread regarding OP being given the option of either a full refund or 70 free grading submissions (likely because BGS was late on OP's 70 card submission). I asked if BGS would offer me a proportional number of free submissions instead of a refund.

Derrick kindly informed me that he was familiar with this thread and OP's claim that he was offered 70 free submissions but that BGS did not make the OP such an offer. He further stated that a few other people's orders were delayed and that everybody was being given the same choice of remedies--a full refund or upgraded shipping and a small discount on a future submission. I accepted the full and complete refund option...
I have no reason to question OP. I think he was given that offer but after reading this thread, BGS may have realized that they can't make such a generous offer to everyone.

In closing, I also wanted to mention the first customer service rep I spoke with was named Roxy Resma. Unfortunately, I found Ms. Resma to be rude and unhelpful. She didn't seem to care much about discussing the issue and/or identifying a solution.
I wonder if they are reaching out to people or only offering to those who claim. Either way I don't think anyone can argue with how they are handling this, I would be ecstatic to get a full refund on a sub that's a day late.
dchurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

Their overall CS is pretty great, it's exceptional compared to 95% of the other companies around.

I've got a 200+ card order set to pop soon. Wonder how close to the 25 day deadline it will be? I'm glad I knew about these extra 5 days from posts on this forum.
mredsox89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

A refund is as good as gold. Based on what you said they offered I can't imagine many people not taking the full refund. I figured offering the grading vouchers is something they preferred to do so they are not giving up actual cash. I can't imagine people not taking the full refund in your situation. There is no way I would of taken the credits if it was simply for 20 day service again. I would rather have my cash today and then pay as I submit later on down the line.